Menu

How many streaming subscriptions do you have?

AngelaGT

I have a few entertainment streaming subscriptions: Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney, Acorn

Yoga streaming: Yogaglo, and Alo moves. (I am an avid yogi)

I would like to add more educational streaming subscriptions: Which ones?  

• Like 1

Netflix comes with our cellphone plan.  

I pay for Hulu without ads (like $12/month) for about 4-6 months a year.  

We also have Disney+ right  now.  

A family member gifts us Amazon Prime every year.  

Otherwise I take advantage of free trials and cancel.  I am doing that right now with Acorn to binge Foyle's War.  

Edited by LucyStoner
  • Like 1

You say you want more educational streaming?  

The Great Courses Plus is a nice resource for streaming lectures.  There's a two week free trial, so you can see if it meets your needs.  

When my dc were in elementary, we tried Discovery Education.  It's cheaper through Homeschool Buyers Co-op.  You can find some things on YouTube, but it's nice to have it all together.  The dc loved watching Maths Mansion. 

• Like 1

We have a lot but we also don't pay for any cable or satellite tv.  We have an antenna for local channels.   I don't watch a lot but dh watches a ton.   The kids rarely watch, they mostly view youtube videos from their computers.

We've had Netflix since the days of getting dvds in the mail. 
We have Amazon Prime for the shipping but use the streaming service as well, since it's already paid for.
We have Hulu with no ads. 
We just got Disney+ this past weekend because now that we have more free time, we're watching more movies.  I want to watch all the Marvel movies in order.
We have Great Courses Plus for school. 
Dh gets Sling during Football and college Basketball season normally.

• Like 1

A lot we have the Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+,  Netflix, Prime, & Great Courses plus.  We also regularly use prime add-ons like HBO, showtime acorn but usually only as long as the free trial.  IMDb TV, crackle, and Pluto tv are free ones we use sometimes to.

Edited by rebcoola
  • Like 1

We have Netflix, amazon prime, PBS Masterpiece (an add on for Prime that I got lured into bc of Seaside Hotel😁), and Disney+. I assume at some point Acorn will suck me in too, 😂but right now I’m trying to watch all the Masterpiece stuff and maybe cancel it before adding acorn. 

we also have directv, but it’s such a huge waste of money. Nobody watches it. We need to cancel it probably. 

• Like 1

I think we have two that my wife pays for now:   Netflix and DDPYoga.

In the past I think she also had one for Spotify for music on her phone, but it was problematic and she dropped that and uses the Free version of TuneIn now.

I have the Free version of TuneIn on this Windows 10 laptop but no paid Streaming services at this time.

• Like 1

DH is a student, so we have a Hulu/Spotify combo for about $5 a month and the student version of Amazon Prime. I think DH has a free trial right now of CBS all Access so he could watch some show or other. He'll cancel before the charge hits though. We have cable for the internet, and it is $2 more to add a basic version of TV channels, so we have that as well.

• Like 1

Netflix is free with our cellphone plan.

Amazon Prime Video is part of our prime package or we probably wouldn't have it.

We have Noggin, PBSKids and Cartoon Network addons to Prime Video which we also probably wouldn't have if Prime Video didn't come with Prime. Probably going to drop Noggin soon as ds is slowly watching those shows less and less.

We recently did a trial of Disney+ and found we all watch it quite a bit. It is charged to our cell phone bill so I think it is an extra $6 or $8 a month, I can't remember offhand, on our bill.

Altogether it is less than $25 a month, which is less than any cable plan around here (cable internet isn't an option around here) and we only pay for content we actually watch.

• Like 1

Amazon Prime and Disney+. We had Netflix, but we dropped it when we got Disney+.

We got a free trial of CBS All Access so we could watch Picard, but we didn't continue it after the trial.

Also, not video, but DH has a Google Play Music subscription. (I just listen to Pandora with ads.)

• Like 1

Currently Disney+, Netflix and Amazon Prime. And Great Courses Plus (which we use pretty much every day).  

Occasionally- CBS all Access (need the Star Trek fix), YouTube Red or whatever it's called to watch Cobra Kai, and HBO... but we do those for a short period then cancel. We've tried out a few others. I'll probably do a month of Epix when Belgravia season 1 is fully available. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, angelaguptathomas said:

I have a few entertainment streaming subscriptions: Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney, Acorn

Amazon Prime

Netflix

daughter's college Hulu account (which we'll keep when she graduates)

After that I'm out.  No more. It's getting ridiculous. I refuse to practically pay per show and keep adding subscriptions. I just to Yoga with Adreinne on Youtube.  I watch the least on Prime because I keep forgetting it exists.

eta:  We got a cheap antenna that sticks on the window as an afterthought stocking stuffer for ds and he gets a hundred channels on that thing!

Edited by KungFuPanda
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, angelaguptathomas said:

None but a friend lent me her spare Apple TV box that came with a few.  I don’t know- it seemed like most stuff we searched for to watch was not free.  So I’m not exactly impressed.

• Like 1