Menu

Husband gifts

klmama

This year he's getting new snow boots, renewal of his PlayStation Network membership, a Jim Gaffigan book, and mixing bowls. Half of those things are things he asked for and the other half our things I think he'll like.

In the past, boardgames, Neil Gaiman books, baling equipment because he enjoys baking, tools. I'm sure there other things but I can't remember. We are practical gift givers in general

• Like 1

Fred the Vampire Accountant books

Tickets to see the Capitol Steps (by way of a donation to our local public radio station)

Ticket to Ride Rails and Sails edition (We've been obsessed with the original game around here.)

I will probably add a set of pajamas, and I still need to stuff his stocking.

In terms of past hits, I don't have a great track record. I often come up with things he likes or uses in the long run, but rarely things that generate a lot of enthusiasm in the moment. He was excited about the theatre tickets I gave him last year, and the Polo shirts I embellished with Muppet appliques arr on frequent rotation in his wardrobe. (He actually just mentioned the other day that he always gets appreciative comments when he wears those.)

Edited by Jenny in Florida

Fred the Vampire Accountant books

Tickets to see the Capitol Steps (by way of a donation to our local public radio station)

Ticket to Ride Rails and Sails edition (We've been obsessed with the original game around here.)

I will probably add a set of pajamas, and I still need to stuff his stocking.

In terms of past hits, I don't have a great track record. I often come up with things he likes or uses in the long run, but rarely things that generate a lot of enthusiasm in the moment. He was excited about the theatre tickets I gave him last year, and the Polo shirts I embellished with Muppet appliques arr on frequent rotation in his wardrobe. (He actually just mentioned the other day that he always gets appreciative comments when he wears those.)

I just bought the Ticket to Ride Rails and Sails game for my son. He loves Ticket to Ride!

I am getting DH a tackle box/organizer from Cabela's. He hasn't ask for it and will be totally suprised.

Edited by mlktwins

Some random parts for his metalworking lathe, or at least, I think that is what they are for, I'm not really sure.

He left his phone next to my computer with some random words on it that; I was completely confused fro 15 minutes until I googled the words and finally realized they actually meant something. Maybe not an exciting gift, in terms of unexpected, but considering that I also handed him my phone and said "this is on sale right now and I want it for Christmas"... I think we'll both be happy. 

DH is so hard to shop for. He has very little need for stuff, and gifts are not his love language (though he's a good giver). Luckily he decided he wanted a kindle. I guess he gets fidgety at work when he's figuring out a problem, so I got him one of those sets of magnetic balls for his desk. I'm also considering a pocket square now that he's wearing blazers more often.

I often get him scotch. Sometimes bitters and fancy cherries or olives for his stocking.

One year I got him sailing lessons for his birthday. That was a big hit.

Looks like a lot of you got Ticket to Ride. My in-laws sent that to us - looking forward to it!

Puzzles.  DVDs of old Doctor Who episodes.  An Echo Dot.  Maybe a cooling leg pillow.  A tshirt that reads "I Stop for Interesting Cloud Formations."  He teaches a meteorology class at a local college and he literally does stop for interesting cloud formations.

The puzzles are yearly.  There are about 800 Doctor Who episodes from 1963 until now, so I can add to that collection from now until he's 80.  He likes technology and weather.

With those interests:  puzzles, tv show, tech, and weather, I can find something each Christmas in those categories.

• Like 1

My DH is boring. He just wants money. Well, actually, he wants a $300 grill and I am not spending $300 on him (which he knows, we have a strict budget limit with each other.) so he will get the dollars instead and will combine that with other money he gets to get his grill.

Ok, so I need to know where you got that. That would be PERFECT for my DD21.

For the tshirt: https://www.signals.com/cgi-bin/hazel.cgi?action=DETAIL&ITEM=HW7911

Be sure you select the correct item--it can be a sweatshirt or a tshirt.

I wish I knew...he says he doesn't need anything and I am not spending the kind of money it would take for the things he wants.  

I do have a few little things, but it doesn't really feel like I've gotten him much at all.  

Getting gifts is not all that important to him, especially during the holidays.  He is much more into the other stuff...cookies, lights, decorating, movies, games, etc.  As long as we bake cookies every weekend, watch all the usual movies and cartoons, decorate and he gets a chocolate orange in his stocking he's pretty happy.

• Like 1

My DH is boring.  He just wants money.  Well, actually, he wants a $300 grill and I am not spending $300 on him (which he knows, we have a strict budget limit with each other.) so he will get the dollars instead and will combine that with other money he gets to get his grill.

There have been years that all my DH wanted was money toward a big-ticket item.  He was 100% ok with having nothing to open.  I got him a few things for his stocking (chocolate bars or something) and gave him the money.  He saved up and bought the item later--like in Feb or something.    So...it's ok if that's what he really wants.

A gift card so he can pick out whichever golf club his heart desires.

A Yeti Loadout bucket with all the accessories. This thing is way overpriced but I think he'll like it. Ds19 is getting one, too.

https://www.yeti.com/buckets/loadout-5-gallon-bucket/YLOB5.html?dwvar_YLOB5_color=white&cgid=buckets#start=1

A Breville One-Touch Tea Maker, because he had to give up coffee and is drinking tea now.

5 pounds of frozen wild blueberries from Maine - because he loves blueberries and it's hard to get wild ones around here.

A History Channel This Day in History page-a-day calendar.

A few books.

And I'll probably get him some fancy cheese as well (a Christmas tradition).

• Like 1

Over Thanksgiving dh and his brother were outside talking about guns and bil commented on an ammo box (more specifically, how dh doesn't have one). Picked up two of those! Super excited, as it IS something he would use and want, just nothing he's considered.

And I'm thinking nice whiskey.

So far, I have gotten him a handheld telescope for when we go camping, etc and a this t-shirt. https://shirt.woot.com/offers/family-breakfast?ref=cnt_ctlg_dgn_1

I will likely get him some lego mini-figures for his stocking to go with his traditional food/candy items.  The girls will get him something as well.  We do not usually go all out.  

Home automation stuff this year - things that build on the system we have going.

Goodies for his stocking are more personal. I’m totally stealing bitters and olives. Thank you! Art supplies. Massage oils (always), and there will be some private gifts.

Hits in the past: a picnic backpack with a year of prearranged dates in sealed envelopes; a personalized wine decanter; a massage table (that was actually given to me, with a year of weekly massage, when I lived with a lot of chronic pain).

His gift to me this year is flying my mom out for a week. I cried like a baby. She is here now. <3

• Like 4

Well he can't help himself, seems every year a week before Christmas, he goes and buys something he's been wanting and price shopping for months. He never tells me what it is, so I could buy it and wrap it for him as a Christmas morning gift. It's like he can't stand missing the rush of endorphins he gets from making the actual purchase, kwim?😆

I end up getting him a few things for his stocking, A shirt or sweater or some article of clothing, but he's already brought home and started using this year's gift, a new lawnmower.

• Like 2

Well he can't help himself, seems every year a week before Christmas, he goes and buys something he's been wanting and price shopping for months. He never tells me what it is, so I could buy it and wrap it for him as a Christmas morning gift. It's like he can't stand missing the rush of endorphins he gets from making the actual purchase, kwim?😆

I end up getting him a few things for his stocking, A shirt or sweater or some article of clothing, but he's already brought home and started using this year's gift, a new lawnmower.

This made me laugh. My DH used to do that, too. :) Not any more, but I remember how it felt.

• Like 1

A new phone, which is ironic because I got kind of (okay "a lot of") ticked last year when he gave me a new phone for Christmas.  I did not want a new phone; I told everyone I did not want a new phone; and I especially did not want THAT new phone.  I think of my phone as a necessity, but not one to get excited about.  It's like running shoes--I like them, I depend on them, but it's not exciting, and it is not a thoughtful gift.  Well, I am hoping my husband feels differently.  

A long-sleeved quarter-zip Under Armour pullover in the color of my son's new travel baseball team.  I picked one up two years ago on Christmas Eve morning, while killing time while my daughter was in swim practice, and let my older daughter wrap it up and say it was from her.  It was in the color of my son's then-travel ball team.  Well, he wore the heck out of it during those early-spring baseball games when it was chilly, and he's noted multiple times since that he loves this shirt DD gave him.  I've never taken credit for it.  Grrrr.

A phone cover for the new phone (see above) from Baseballism; they make covers out of baseball leather.  He had one for an old phone that eventually broke.

Long-sleeved dress shirts because I am tired of the ones he has.

Other than that, I figure having me for his wife is all of the present he needs. :coolgleamA:

• Like 3

Other than that, I figure having me for his wife is all of the present he needs. :coolgleamA:

Definitely!

I have also done some shopping though.  My husband will be receiving

a bottle of Lillet

a ginger grater

Rome: Season 1  (found at a thrift store)

a gi top to protect his clothes while doing messy projects  (found at a thrift store)

BLINK Card Game  (found at a thrift store)

a few other things still to be purchased

Can you tell I like spending time in thrift stores?

Regards,

Kareni

After several years of not so successful presents, last year I gifted dh with six months of "dates". He really loved it and it got us out and away from the kids :) I did a local concert venue, bowling, movie tix, a restaurant gift card, a wine tasting event at a local liquor store, and tix to a comedy club. I may just do it again this year, though it'll be hard to come up with new ideas.

• Like 5

A new phone, wireless headphones and a case for the phone

A fuzzy sherpa lined hoodie from Lands End

He wants a new belt, so DS and I will go hunting for one

I'm thinking about testing out Dollar Shave Club to see if he likes it

stocking stuff