Menu

just...why.....

SparklyUnicorn

:lol:   All I can say is teenage girls love onsies.  The girls at my daughter's dance studio all wear them over leos to the studio.  My 13 year old has a cat onsie on right now. 

There was a girl WORKING at Walmart today wearing a dog one today. I had to stop and think, "No, Halloween was a few days ago." because at first I thought costume. It was pretty weird. But, yeah, my middle schooler's youth group always has girls dressed in onesies. 

• Like 4

:lol: All I can say is teenage girls love onsies. The girls at my daughter's dance studio all wear them over leos to the studio. My 13 year old has a cat onsie on right now.

DD’s raccoon one is in the washer right now, as she ended up wearing it ToT’ing and to a Halloween party because it was so cold here. I saw lots of onesies on kids during our HS’s Homecoming spirit week last month too.

I think it would be fun for Christmas morning or a crazy sweater-type party where you’re supposed to be festive and silly.

• Like 3

My son has this Pokémon kigurumi https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MXDDFTW/ref=oh_aui_i_sh_in_o1_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1 that he has almost worn out. My husband bought one for himself so they can match, lol. My youngest has a stitch one, two of the college girls have tortoro, one of the teens has a teddy bear and the other has a care bear and a unicorn. They are apparently addictive.

• Like 3

Ok...I showed the men's examples to DH.

His puzzled comment, "What are they?"

Me: "I don't really know?"

Him: "What are they for?"

Me: "I don't really know that either -- maybe for Halloween or as college mascots?"

Our conclusion: We don't get out enough, but we like our remote, protective bubble and aren't leaving anytime soon either.  It's too scary out there.

• Like 2

My son has this Pokémon kigurumi https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01MXDDFTW/ref=oh_aui_i_sh_in_o1_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1 that he has almost worn out. My husband bought one for himself so they can match, lol. My youngest has a stitch one, two of the college girls have tortoro, one of the teens has a teddy bear and the other has a care bear and a unicorn. They are apparently addictive.

Off to Google Totoro onesies as a possible gift for DD... She already has a Totoro cape and socks, so I’m sure she’d love that.

Edited by Word Nerd
  • Like 2

Off to Google Totoro onesies as a possible gift for DD... She already has a Totoro cape and socks, so I’m sure she’d love that.

The Japanese version run really short. My 5-1, 110lb dd wears a medium and my 5-6 105lb dd wears a large. Get the one with the butt flap, it's hilarious and convenient:)

• Like 3

A onesie is on my almost 15 yo's Christmas wishlist. As pointed out upthread, they are very popular in the high school for various dress-up days.

Showing my age, I can't get over the "onesie" name. Onesies are t-shirts for babies/toddlers that snap into a little leotard thing.

• Like 5

I actually like the deranged Christmas tree...  :leaving:

😉

So, if I wear this, you'll talk to me, right, I talk to the trees?

Showing my age, I can't get over the "onesie" name. Onesies are t-shirts for babies/toddlers that snap into a little leotard thing.

When the kids were little, we called the pajama ones with feet footsies (sounds like the Dutch word for "gone, vanished"... foetsie), because it's quite handy to be able to specify if you want a onesie like you describe, or, well, a footsie.

I also like the winter wonderland opposuit  :leaving: 

...but it's too expensive, and WNY is not very warm in December. 

• Like 1

I actually like the deranged Christmas tree...  :leaving:

So, if I wear this, you'll talk to me, right, I talk to the trees?

When the kids were little, we called the pajama ones with feet footsies (sounds like the Dutch word for "gone, vanished"... foetsie), because it's quite handy to be able to specify if you want a onesie like you describe, or, well, a footsie.

I also like the winter wonderland opposuit  :leaving:

...but it's too expensive, and WNY is not very warm in December. 

We called them footed pajamas.  The onesie term (used for these pajamas) seems kinda newish. 

• Like 1