Menu

UPDATE post 118 Help me make hospital and NICU as good as possible

happypamama

Small improvements! Nathaniel-sized baby steps, haha. At 11, when we went to bed, they'd dropped his oxygen to 93. When I checked on him at 1, his blood gas had been about the same (not spectacular), but his oxygen was down to the 70s. Just a few minutes ago, they said his blood gas still was around the same but his oxygen is down to 29%, and they'd made a few tweaks to the vent (in a good direction). I'll take joy in any itty bitty improvement. We got some sleep (I get about two hours at a time but have no trouble falling asleep) and just ate breakfast. Docs will be in to round on him in a bit. Thank you thank you for the prayers and love!!

And because God cares about the littler stuff too, I vaguely wondered last night who would have him today because I knew yesterday's nurse was off. I hoped it would be one in particular, and it was a huge relief to see her when we went to check on him this morning. :)

• Like 43

Praise the Lord! I have been checking this thread all morning. So relieved for you. Hugs. I hope it is an uneventful day and you can get some rest.

ETA- I didn't see your last update when I posted. Will keep the prayers up for you all. Hoping he overcomes this and comes out all the stronger for it.

Edited by texasmom33