Menu

Super duper easy appetizer that is NOT meatballs?

DawnM

This feta dip is very popular with my crowd, though it is better in summer (because fresh tomatoes).   The link is to the blog "The Girl who ate Everything." 

Hummus and pita chips/carrot celery sticks.

Muhammara - Roasted red pepper dip with french bread.  (This recipe from the NY Times is similar to the one I make, but mine doesn't include pomegranate molasses).

• Like 2

chili and lime roasted cashews: http://www.hgtv.com/design/make-and-celebrate/entertaining/20-easy-crowd-pleasing-appetizers-pictures

southwest pinwheels (make ahead, and refrigerate, travel with icepack): https://www.pinterest.com/pin/215750638378045646/

savory monkey bread: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/529313762426092393/

• Like 1

Shrimp tray is the easiest.  I just buy a bag of precooked frozen peeled shrimp, thaw....put on a tray.... add cocktail sauce doctored up with lemon juice and horseradish.   Takes no time.

Chips and sour cream and onion dip? Retro, but popular.

Velveeta and Ro-Tel...nuke....serve with Tortilla chips.

• Like 2

Cheese ball! Super easy...

1 package shredded sharp cheddar cheese

1/2-1 cup chopped green onions

1/2-1 cup chopped pecans

A couple tbsp mayonnaise (just enough to make it all stick together)

Mix all and form into a ball. Microwave a small jar of red pepper jelly until it is a pourable consistency and pour over the top. Serve with crackers (I like Triscuits because they are strong enough to support the cheese easily).

Usually disappears pretty quick.

• Like 2

I went to a gathering where someone brought a block of cream cheese in a bowl with some kind of raspberry chipotle sauce (from Costco, she said) served with wheat thins. Yummy and super simple.

We used to do this with green or red pepper jelly (or both) poured over the cream cheese.

• Like 5

Chic wings. Tin foil cover your baking pan to make clean up easy. Spray the tin foil or use parchment paper so the wings don't stick.

Sprinkle wings with Lawrys seasoning and bake til done. I bake frozen ones for two hours. Bake til the moisture evaporates. Turn them, season that side and bake another half hour.

Edited by KatieinMich
  • Like 1

My aunt makes this amazing dip and it's so easy. 

Cream cheese, spread out on the bottom of a casserole dish a bit (not thin, maybe 1/2 inch)

Top with Newman's mango salsa

top that with shredded cheddar (or pepperjack if you like spicy)

Bake until cheese is melted,  I think at 350 for maybe 15-20 min. 

Serve with crackers or tortilla chips

So good!

• Like 3

If there are going to be meatballs already, it might be nice to take a tray of roasted veggies.

Dice the veggies (sweet potatoes, carrots, onions), toss w/ olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt & pepper, then roast in the oven about half an hour. Recipe here. Delicious! (Plus, non-meat-eaters like me always appreciate having something like this as a choice at gatherings.) Good warm or room temperature.

Take a serving spoon & forks or toothpicks for people to use.

• Like 2