Menu

random question: What song did you and your spouse dance to at your wedding reception

What year were you married too...so we know if you chose something current or an "oldie."

We were married in 2002, and we chose Wondeful Tonight, by Eric Clapton. I think manly because my parents also chose that song when they married in 1982.

While we're at it, what song, if any did you walk down the aisle to? I walked down the aisle to Ave Maria, sung by a very good friend.

(I did not know this until we planned our wedding, but the Wedding March is not allowed for a traditional (Latin) nuptial mass)

The Nuptial Mass was a Novus Ordo in Latin. Most of my relations couldn't tell the difference. :001_huh:

I don't recall the music we used, but it was well played on the organ.

At the reception, and to your question, we danced to Helloween's If I Knew. Or was it Forever and One (Neverland). I'll have to ask my wife. I honestly don't remember...

What year were you married too...so we know if you chose something current or an "oldie."

We were married in 2002, and we chose Wondeful Tonight, by Eric Clapton. I think manly because my parents also chose that song when they married in 1982.

While we're at it, what song, if any did you walk down the aisle to? I walked down the aisle to Ave Maria, sung by a very good friend.

(I did not know this until we planned our wedding, but the Wedding March is not allowed for a traditional (Latin) nuptial mass)

Never Thought That I Could Love, By Dan Hill. :001_wub: We got married in May 1998

No dancing - the church we were married in didn't allow any dancing in the gym. We had great music playing at the reception, though! I walked down the aisle to the Pachelbel Canon in D.

I was going to say almost the same exact thing. I marched down the aisle to "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring," by J.S Bach. We had a string quartet at our reception and my personal choice for them to play was Pachelbel's "Canon in D." It was so elegant and lovely - a wonderful memory.

We walked down the aisle to something played on herald trumpets (you know, the really long straight ones with flags?) by guys dressed in Medieval garb.

When I think about my wedding now my most frequent reflection is, "What were we thinking?" :tongue_smilie: I guess there's no talking to a lovestruck 23yo trumpet playing girl who "Just wants the herald trumpeters!!"

~Jen in NY

None at the church reception. But, upon being pronounced husband and wife, DH put on his cowboy hat to match his tux. We then two stepped our way out of the sancutary! It was a complete surprise to everyone, including our Pastor.

We danced to Josh Turner's "Would You Go With Me?".

6-17-2007-02-1.jpg

We danced to Van Morrison's "Have I told you lately that I love you." (2000)

I walked down the isle to the traditional wedding march. I would have to look up the other music. I just know it was all wonderful...but to get back at my MIL we did play Jimmy buffett's "Let's get drunk and....S*rew". We did it at the very end when only the hard core party people were left. :lol::lol:

Another one who danced to "Wonderful Tonight"! It was performed by a string quartet. I got married in '94.

I don't know what I marched down the aisle to, but it wasn't the wedding march. I found out at rehearsal that it was considered secular, and therefore could not be played in the church. :glare:

So, we had a dance-free reception.

We did our wedding on a pretty strict budget, so we used recorded music for the reception. My husband combed through our CD collection and recorded several hours' worth of love songs from film and stage soundtracks.

I walked down the aisle to our tiny church choir (of which I was a founding member) singing the song "Storybook Love" from The Princess Bride.

The choir also sang "The Rainbow Connection" (from The Muppet Movie) at another point in the ceremony.

Edit: Ooops, forgot to mention we were married in 1994.

Although we are a loving family, we are not a very demonstrative family. I have to admit, dancing with my father would have unglued me. On top of that, DH can't dance ;-) We had no dancing.

We had lovely live flute music at the reception, and a trio at the wedding - I have no idea what I walked down the aisle to. Some trumpet voluntary. I specifically requested *no* Wedding March.

Married in a Baptist Church, with our reception in the Gym. No dancing. Went down the aisle to the traditional wedding march, and left to the traditional recessional, whatever it is. I was in my last year of college nad student teaching. I didn't really care, I just wanted to get married.

I cringe now at what we danced to ... 'More than Words" by Extreme. I didn't know they were a metal-ish band at the time. We had planned on dancing to 'You Send Me' by Sam Cooke (a fantastic oldie) but the dj forgot it. Dh suggested "What a Wonderful World" and I overrode his suggestion and have been kicking myself ever since. We did dance to that when the entire wedding party joined us on the floor.

When I danced with my dad, we started off with the gag-me "Daddy's little girl", but then the DJ morphed it into "In the Mood" by Glenn Miller (not the disco version, but the old big band version.) My dad loved to dance and he taught me the Swing when I was little. Whenever they had dinner parties and my mom pooped out on him, he get me to dance with him, even in my jammies. Ah, the memories. That's what I miss most about my dad - dancing with him.

Dh is not much of a dancer. Even though we took lessons when we were engaged, I have to get him "good and liquored up" to get him to dance with me. That certainly doesn't happen anymore.

Oh, man. I can't remember if we danced to "Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" or "Amazed." It was a month after our wedding.

Dh and I did not want "a wedding." He did want the church, so I agreed to that. We did not want a reception, so his parents forced one upon us at a later date. And then they complained that it cost more than we had received in gifts. <sigh>

Oh, we were married in 2000.

We danced to my uncle singing Elvis' "I Can't Help Falling in Love with You/Fools Rush In". (We were young) My dh is 6'2" and I am 5'2" and we don't dance. It was probably the most awkward moment of my life.

I walked down the aisle to the boring ol' "Here Comes the Bride" (I thought I chose a pretty version!) The mom's walked down to Canon in D and the bridesmaids walked down to Shania Twain & Brian White's "From This Moment On". We had Steven Curtis Chapman's "I Will Be Here" when we did the unity candle during the ceremony.

The best music in our wedding was when we were pronounced man and wife and walked back down the aisle - we had "Brown Eyed Girl" but by Pennywise. It starts off like the original, but then quickly turns pretty hard core. It was hilarious to see everyone's faces. The DJ quickly looked at us, afraid that it was the wrong song. :D

We didn't have a dance either. I walked down the aisle to "Arise My Love" by Michael Card. Dh sang it just before I walked down and then the pianist played it through again while I came down the aisle. Dh did a great job even when the pianist messed up the song. The pianist thought the song was too long and decided to edit the song in the middle of the wedding. Oh, but he studied at Juilliard, which he pointed out to us many times. :rolleyes: Horrible arrogant man. But the church required we use him or pay him anyway. I guess I still have issues with that. :lol:

We danced to Steven Curtis Chapman "I will be here". That song has deep meaning to me and I could NOT think of the words as we danced or I would have bawled, so we gazed lovingly at each other and told jokes!!

Bee

My sister sang this song at our wedding. :) LOVE it!

We were married in '97. Walked down to the wedding march. Processional was Pachebel Canon in D. My sister sang Grow Old Along With Me (Lennon song based on a Browning poem) during the mass. First song w/hubby was I Could Write A Book (oldie but goodie) which he also sang to me in front of everyone later on in the reception. He's a keeper that one :)