Menu

How Do You Get Here?

mom2bee

How Do You Get Here  

164 members have voted

1. 1. When I want to go to the forums I....

• type in "forums.welltrainedmind.com"
    • type in "welltrainedmind.com" and click on "Forums"
    • go to my favorites or bookmarks
    • Bah! This site is my homepage
    • The browser suggests this site the moment I start typing
    • other

I type We and the high school board pops onto my screen a few seconds later. Ah, the feeling of coming home.

ETA: It is rare for me to have to "come" here because there is almost always a WTM window open on my laptop. Usually all I have to do is open my computer :).

• Like 1

Well, first this is in my favorites, but it's actually in the favorite bar at the top of the screen so I just need to click once and I'm on the forums.

Second, this browser is always open. Even when I put my computer to sleep at night, I don't close out of any windows. I read this forum many times a day. I must admit this is the only homeschooling/parenting type board I visit which is why I spend so much time here.

• Like 2

Well, first this is in my favorites, but it's actually in the favorite bar at the top of the screen so I just need to click once and I'm on the forums.

Second, this browser is always open. Even when I put my computer to sleep at night, I don't close out of any windows. I read this forum many times a day. I must admit this is the only homeschooling/parenting type board I visit which is why I spend so much time here.

Me too! :D

Wait, people leave?  :p

It's on if my internet is on (at home or school), but I'll admit I actually leave my computer at times and I don't have a smartphone.

At home it's on my google page or most visited bar.  At school, logged in as myself (the only login I have unless another teacher wants me using theirs to access something), then all I have to do is start typing in the address section.

Google is my home page, and this is one of the frequently-used sights in the tiles.

this is how it use to be... but now the frequently used tiles are all Japanese (dd15) or plant identification (ds17) as they use the computer a lot for their schoolwork

I type in WTM and it takes me straight here. :hurray:

In Firefox, if I typed "we" the appropriate address would just come up.

But I had to stop using Firefox.  It made my laptop crawl.....  And the fan would run on high all the time.  And then the computer would shut down because it was too hot.

So now I'm using Chrome.  I type in "well" and a bunch of suggestions come up that have nothing to do with what I want, but way at the bottom is maybe one  possibility that sort of goes where I want.  And I'm still too lazy to book mark the site.

I kind of hate Chrome for this reason.  But at least it runs.