Menu

Post-surgery report from AndyJoy

AndyJoy

Short update then bed.

Surgery was mostly successful but MRI shows a remaining tumor piece which may not ever be a problem or might regrow too much...

Surgery was longer and had minor complications but was still "minimally invasive." Neurological symptoms are perfectly intact, so big YES!!!! there.

Had a painful first night of coughing due to excess fluid in lungs, resolved after a few hours.

Post-op MRI was the most traumatic experience of my life. Wondering if the Vallium my nurse forgot would have helped. Told DH I wish I'd given birth unmedicated so I could see if it compared to the MRI of doom.

Pain is well-controlled, I'm out of ICU (they debated an extra night due to low BP). I'm able to be propped up, rolled a bit, but have been out of bed for only 2 minutes because of BP drop; will try again tomorrow. Looking forward to being up to resolve certain bodily functions, ahem ;)

Tentative plan is go home Friday or Saturday.

Home recovery time is pretty unknown for now.

Thank you all, good night!

Hope your recovery goes smoothly.  Thanks for sharing about your MRI experience. Never had one but now I know to insist on a valium or something to keep me from being claustrophobic. 

And I hope the remaining tumor piece will never be a problem. 

Get well soon, AndyJoy!