Menu

Further UPDATE: Asking for prayer for me and my family

AndyJoy

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The surgeon just surprised me with more hope for today! If they can get the OR and me prepped to start at 2:00, I'm in today after all! Thanks so much for your prayers and well wishes.

This will shorten my time away from DD by a couple days if it happens so that will be awesome! DS, on the other hand, is now the 4th of 5 children and has access to a pool and an extensive GI Joe collection so

it may be hard to convince him to move back home :)

Final answer: Monday unless it becomes emergent over the weekend. There were too many pieces of equipment that weren't in place yet and it was too close to the end of the day for the doctor and us to feel confident that we'd be getting their "A" game today. The surgery is 4-5 hours without complications, so he needs staff to not being going off for the weekend to feel confident. I sure appreciate the amount of effort the surgeon put in though, running around trying to make it happen. He saw me 6-7 times today personally as he tried to make it happen! I've been very impressed with my care. Now to make up for 4 hrs of sleep last night and be awoken by food!

DH and DD were driven here by DH's best friend when we thought it was a go. I saw DD briefly but seeing me without being able to nurse was too hard so she was taken out screaming :( She charmed the nurses and walked up and down the hall pushing her stroller. I feel bad for DH and his long weekend ahead!

:grouphug: Thank you for updating us.  Contined prayers for you, your family and a blessed Monday.

Final answer: Monday unless it becomes emergent over the weekend. There were too many pieces of equipment that weren't in place yet and it was too close to the end of the day for the doctor and us to feel confident that we'd be getting their "A" game today. The surgery is 4-5 hours without complications, so he needs staff to not being going off for the weekend to feel confident. I sure appreciate the amount of effort the surgeon put in though, running around trying to make it happen. He saw me 6-7 times today personally as he tried to make it happen! I've been very impressed with my care. Now to make up for 4 hrs of sleep last night and be awoken by food!

DH and DD were driven here by DH's best friend when we thought it was a go. I saw DD briefly but seeing me without being able to nurse was too hard so she was taken out screaming :( She charmed the nurses and walked up and down the hall pushing her stroller. I feel bad for DH and his long weekend ahead!

Thanks for all the continued prayer & support! It's been really weird to be away from my kids so long and actually have time to post rather than just lurk & like.

The surgery is supposed to happen somewhere around 3 pm PST tomorrow.

I'll be thinking of you and praying for you!!! :grouphug:

See down below

Update: my symptoms have progressed quickly enough that I've been admitted and they are squeezing me in the surgery schedule on Monday. They are actually trying to make room tomorrow if possible!

So I'm headed down to Big Town to stay the night in a hotel near the hospital where I'll meet with a neurosurgeon first thing tomorrow. They were able to double-book me with another new patient because though I was just diagnosed Friday, I'm in a lot of pain and my symptoms are worsening quickly. I have a tumor (98% chance it's benign) compressing my spinal cord to a frightening level; my Dr. was pretty shocked I can still walk. Basically, pretty freaky-serious surgery is imminent. I will know a lot more tomorrow. My mom is arriving tonight to help.

I could use your prayers. It's beginning to sink in now and I'm scared. Though this surgery usually has good results if the whole tumor is removed, there is still serious risk. I also have other complicating disc issues.

Adding to the stress, it looks like I will HAVE to wean DD due to my recovery time and the strain it would put on my body. This will be hard physically and emotionally, but at least my mom will be here to help distract her. DD is SO not ready to give it up, but I doubt I'll have a reasonable choice at this point. I know it's way more important that I am able to walk in a year than that I nurse her for another year, but it's hard because she's my sweet, darling little last baby. My momma heart hurts.

Wonderfully, I have an amazing church family who have already rallied around with tangible help: a family watched both kids yesterday so I could make calls, a teen babysat all morning while I packed and DH wrapped up work stuff, a homeschooling family is taking DS for his first sleepover tonight (he's thrilled!), and we have 4! offers of places for my mom to stay so we aren't too overcrowded in our small house and she can decompress. Meals are forthcoming and I've had tons of offers for other help.

Please pray for us, if you will!

Praying!  Update us when you can.  Praying for peaceful, easy recovery and perfect health!