Menu

How much do you spend on bras?

Amethyst

Every time I go out to buy bras I'm horrified. I wear my bras until they're falling apart because I hate to go bra shopping because they are so darn expensive. I'm a terrible shopper. I go in, get the job done, and get out. So, there are probably cheaper places to go. I usually go to the mall to Macy's or Penney's. I just went this past weekend and spent $38 for each bra!!!!! Yikes! There must be a cheaper way. How much do you spend?

The only one's that really work for me cost around $60. If I'm lucky, I can get them on sale for around $45. Good support and comfort are very important so I am willing to spend what is necessary to get that. There are also very few styles that come in my size, which impacts cost.

I wear a 32DD, which is nearly impossible to find in department stores, so I spend $50-65 on bras. I probably buy 2 twice a year. I have sewn my own bras, but that was when I was nursing, so I'd have to start all over again with fitting & such.

I am a 34C/36B but am a bit hard to fit because I am tall.  There aren't a lot that fit right and I am pretty picky. For an everyday bra, I do great with a specific style of Calvin Klein bras and fortunately can usually find them at TJ Maxx, Marshalls for $20.  For more special bras, I end up at Victoria's Secret and pay $50+.  I recently found a beautiful bra for dd15 that is a DKNY that fits her perfectly, so I think I will go and try it on also. We are built just alike as far as bone structure, but have breast fed 2 kids so am not quite as perky as a 15 yo.  LOL  It was $25 at Nordstrom Rack.

I usually only buy European ones, and I make sure I am getting the correct size (usually a much larger cup size and much smaller band size than places like Victoria's Secret or Dillard's will tell you that you wear).  I love Nordstrom's for Bra fitting.  Anyway, the bras I wear are around $45-60 each, I think.  I find ones that fit beautifully and make me feel great, and then look for sales and get deal when I can.

I usually have to pay $40 plus. I hate it.  I wish I was like my Mom and could get away with little camisoles or something, but unfortunately, I cannot.

Even if I go to Target and buy Playtex, I'm still around $25-30.  It's worth the extra $10 to be pretty IMHO. :)

I try to wait for sales, though. :)

Most of my bras cost between $35-48 and I tend to buy them when they go on sale B2G1 so the actual price is about 1/3 less than that. Last time I stocked up on bras and matching panties there was a $50 off 200 on top of that, making it an even better deal. that said, I don't think I can get panties from them anymore (Lane Bryant) because I have shrunk out of their 14-16 which I think is their smallest size. Because I have a huge ribcage I can still get bras there but I am partial to matching bras and underwear so I don't know if I will or not. I am fortunate to have a small bust. Cheaper bras for sure.

36DD here and my bras are $50-60. I just recently bit the bullet and started buying quality bras. I cannot believe the difference they make in my figure. All of my clothes look so much better on me now. If you're large chested, you get what you pay for in this department, IMO.

36DD here and my bras are $50-60. I just recently bit the bullet and started buying quality bras. I cannot believe the difference they make in my figure. All of my clothes look so much better on me now. If you're large chested, you get what you pay for in this department, IMO.

Same experience here, though I am DDD, so I can't buy in a lot of cheaper stores anyway.

good ones last if you are careful. I bought 3 last year and spent about 150 total. The 2 most expensive are in great shape. The least expensive one is getting a little stretched out, but I wear it the most. I think I will buy a new one soon. I only wear my good bras when I go out. For home days I always wear sports bras, so that makes them last better as well.

I'm a 32D. It doesn't seem like it should be difficult to find, but it is. I spend $30-60 from Title Nine, though I try to buy when I have a coupon and/or when they're on sale. I buy one or two a year and never dry them in the dryer. They last quite a while.

After reading this I was curious about the up a cup size down a band size, so I went to Walmart and bought one for 3.98, which is about what I have to spend on a new one right now. What do you know, it fits better. 

I usually look at TJ Maxx and now I'll know to try a different size next time. 

Where can you buy online for regular department store brands? Last time I was in Kohl's they had NO A cup sizes. I can usually buy inexpensive bras because of the small size, but actually finding the small size is getting pretty tiresome, traipsing from store to store. Would be nice to just find my current model online somewhere.

Where can you buy online for regular department store brands? Last time I was in Kohl's they had NO A cup sizes. I can usually buy inexpensive bras because of the small size, but actually finding the small size is getting pretty tiresome, traipsing from store to store. Would be nice to just find my current model online somewhere.

Nordstrom.  They have great return policies also.

http://www.onehanesplace.com/

They carry several brands. Sign up for email and get info on discounts.

I go to Kohls when their bras are on sale for usually 20 to 30 dollars each.  Several of their brands fit me and are very comfortable.

This is what I do.  Also, our Khols puts a ridiculous number of decent bras on clearance.  Use the 30% off coupon and they often end up under $10 each.

I wait for the buy one get one half price at the Leggs Bali Hanes outlet and I can usually find a $5 - 10 off coupon as well. This makes them about $25.00 each unless I find the right ones on the clearance rack and then they will come well under that. I buy four and if hand washed, they last two years. So, about $100.00 or less every two years. I used to get mine at Victoria Secret, but they discontinued my favorite, and Bali had something similar so I switched.

I go to Kohls when their bras are on sale for usually 20 to 30 dollars each.  Several of their brands fit me and are very comfortable.

I wish Kohls carried larger cup sizes.......... biggest I've ever seen there is in the D range. It'd be so convenient to be able to shop close by.

I wish Kohls carried larger cup sizes.......... biggest I've ever seen there is in the D range. It'd be so convenient to be able to shop close by.

I buy at Kohl's and they always have DDs (that's what I wear).  Still way too much $$.  I was all happy when I shrank back down to DD from DDD+ and wasn't forced to buy at the specialty store.

I buy at Kohl's and they always have DDs (that's what I wear).  Still way too much $$.  I was all happy when I shrank back down to DD from DDD+ and wasn't forced to buy at the specialty store.

I would count DDs in the "D" range. I'd love to go down a few sizes to the "D" range :) It would make most clothing shopping easier.....

Since I wear a 30FF and just love Fantasia and Panache brands, I purchase a few from a local bra-fitting place ($65+) and then order them online ($28-$40).   After 30 years of wearing the wrong sizes (36DD/38C), I would gladly pay 5x the amount to enjoy the comfort and appearance that I get from a great-fitting bra. 

The one I have on right now was 80 dollars or a bit more then that.

If it makes a difference I am a 30H right now, so hard to find size.

Small band, large cup is so hard to find. I wish there were a cheap option but I haven't found one yet. I pay $60+ each.

I wear a 30FF, so nothing you can find in regular stores. I have to spend between $60-$80 to find one that fits right... and they last about a year for me, if I'm careful and handwash them every time. Now that I know what fits, I could probably find them online for cheaper, though.

I just recently bought 3 bras at Kohls for $35+.  I wear a 36D. They're okay.  I would gladly pay more to get a good fitting.  I wouldn't be surprised to find out I'm not wearing the correct size.  When these wear out, I'm looking for a professional fitting.