Menu

Where's Spycar?

Halcyon

Okay, I'm a teensy bit jealous. I doubt anyone would notice if I fell off the *planet* let alone know my opinions well enough to mention them in a thread when I wasn't even present! Maybe I need to raise more hell around here!

And how Singapore is really a year ahead of public school math, so you don't have to worry if your kid is running behind :D

:lurk5:

Uh, Oh!

Youngest is half a year behind in Singapore. I thought it ran half a year behind. 

Mention that you hate "Moby Dick", too. :D

I actually just got home from the library with a picture book copy of Moby Dick.

In the graphic novel series, "Bone" the main character carries around a copy of Moby Dick and in one chapter even wins a fight with some rat creatures twice his size by having someone read from the book. It knocked them out in seconds. 

Okay, I'm a teensy bit jealous. I doubt anyone would notice if I fell off the *planet* let alone know my opinions well enough to mention them in a thread when I wasn't even present! Maybe I need to raise more hell around here!

But if we all raised that amount of hell threads would have to be locked before they are started. 

But if we all raised that amount of hell threads would have to be locked before they are started.

Yah, good point. I'm a conflict-avoider anyway. I see some threads and run far away, to stop myself from getting sucked into a thread that keeps me up till 2:47a.m. Three days in a row.

Uh, Oh!

Youngest is half a year behind in Singapore. I thought it ran half a year behind. 

I don't really know, I was just quoting what I've heard as the "conventional wisdom." We're a year and a half behind ourselves, because we switched over from RS and I wanted to make sure we didn't miss anything important, and then I discovered that DD's multiplication skills were super weak (RS really didn't do well for us there), so we stopped there to focus on multiplication for a few weeks. I was stressed about it for awhile, but I realized that wasn't helping, so we just move ahead as quickly and thoroughly as we can. I remember looking at our local schools' scope and sequence, and the Singapore level we were using at the time was ahead for around half of the line items and and on target for the other half. So you're probably right!

And don't forget to sing the praises of the Robinson curriculum and the fascinating ideas Art Robinson has about nuclear waste!

And then claim that This Country of Ours is pure history gold.

LOL

With a couple of threads lately that have mentioned TCOO, I also wondered where he was!

Perhaps a thread about Messianic Jews drinking k-cup coffee while cooking crockpot meals and burning Moby Dick? All while lamenting the abysmal public school system and reading racist history books...

ETA I forgot the part about their children playing in drainage ditches all day.