Menu

Urgent Prayer Request for DS

eaglei

• 1 month later...

November 5, 2014

Just a quick update, along with my apologies for the extensive delay since the last one.  I am still using borrowed computer time and can no longer use the computer at work.  We are unfortunately having a problem with some very troublesome kids, as are other area establishments, so one of the ramifications is that wifi and all computers are shut down shortly after closing.  Also, the female employees do not leave alone.  There is one other place that has public computers; however, their hours of operation and my work schedule often clash.  Hence, the longer delay in updating.

Ds is doing well.  In September, he had the third round of chemo in order to remain in remission, pending the bone marrow transplant.  He spent about a month feeling poorly, to put it mildly.  However, he stayed as active as he was able.  He is beyond those side effects now and is working, doing, being as heartily as anyone, although fatigue and certain other overall side effects still plague him.

Ds has still not voiced a definite decision re the transplant.  Dh and I think he is going to do it, but is waiting until after the holidays to confirm.  He (and we) have a lot of concerns about it, as well as everything else that will accompany it.  No matter the decision, we are facing a tough year.

I guess that's the long and short of it.  No news - just the status quo.

Please keep praying for us.  We need it so much.  I said in previous updates that we continue to hold on to the only One Who has all power.  Although we continue to hold on, I'm inclined these days to think it's more the reverse - the One Who has all power is holding on to us.

• Like 31

November 5, 2014

Please keep praying for us.  We need it so much.  I said in previous updates that we continue to hold on to the only One Who has all power.  Although we continue to hold on, I'm inclined these days to think it's more the reverse - the One Who has all power is holding on to us.

Yes, praise the Lord that He holds in the palm of His hand. (Is 49:16) I cannot imagine the difficulties here as you walk with your son through this.  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

No real words but I will definitely be praying for you, your family and your son. Thank you for the update.

Lisa

• 4 weeks later...

December 2, 2014

Just a very quick update - am still using borrowed computer time, plus we are under an ice-watch, so I need to scurry and get home!

Ds had that third round of chemo in September to make sure he stayed in remission.  His counts rebounded rather quickly, though he had a month of feeling mostly poorly.  At his regularly scheduled check-up a couple weeks ago, all of his blood counts remained nicely normal, except for the platelets - they had dipped to slightly subnormal.  This was cause for moderate concern.  The doctor said it could be one of three things:  1) normal, as everyone's CBC's fluctuate; 2) a delayed reaction to the September chemo; 3) what we don't want to think about.  The hospital planning the transplant had, prior to this appointment, requested another bone marrow aspiration to prove continued remission.  With the subnormal platelets, the request rose in importance.  Today, ds had the aspiration.  It will be a few days or more before we have the results.  

We are hopeful for a good report.  Ds has gained weight; has better color than I see on most people; and energy, strength, and stamina that is enviable.

As to making a definitive decision, ds still has not voiced one.  However, various comments lead his dad and I to believe he is planning to do it.  He recently mentioned the end of January as the target time.

As you can see, we NEED your continued prayer support, and we appreciate it SO VERY much.  

The One Who has all power still holds us - Praise God!

• Like 23