Menu

What do you wear day to day?

MommaOfalotta

I realize this might be a weird question, but what do you wear during the day (around the house, while homeschooling, cleaning, etc.)

I feel like I am wearing the same thing every single day and Im so sick of it. Not to mention its not that different from what I sleep in. I sleep in one of dhs tshirts and either basketball or cheer shorts.. then when I wake up I change into another tshirt with yoga pants around the house.

I feel boring and blah but if Im going to be spending money on more clothes they need to be my "public" clothes, or church clothes. I dont want to spend a bunch of money buying clothes to wear around the house so that the baby can spit up on them you know? But if someone drops in unexpectedly ( :glare: ) I would like to look less... sloppy.

So what do you wear?

Currently, a couple of yoga type outfits. Until, we recently we just haven't had the money and my clothing is seriously dwindling. I need to go out soon and get some new clothes. I like jeans and cotton shirts personally, birks, and converse. Just fits my personality and wears well. Yoga pants are nice when the weather is cooler though. I have hyperhydrosis and it is just near impossible for me to wear certain dressier fabrics for more than a few hours. Cotton and jeans breathe well and don't show the sweat. Sweat is so embarrassing in this society which just leads to more sweat for me:(

I had to go out to buy tires today so I had on my good black straight leg jeans, a tank top and an oversize striped shirt. Actually looked fairly decent for a change!

Most days in winter, I wear jeans or yoga pants, a tank top, and a hooded sweat shirt. Not super-sloppy, but could be better.

If I had some $$$ to spend on clothes for me, I would buy a couple more pairs of jeans (I only have one pair that isn't looking worn) and some button up shirts to go with them.

I sew, and have found a pattern for pants that is super comfortable -- like yoga pants -- but can look dressier because the fabric is a stretch woven so I can do things like add a crease. I've made a boatload of them, both full-length and capri length. If I ruin a pair I can just zip up some more fairly quickly and cheaply.

Turtlenecks and other sweaters in the winter, tshirts or other light layers in the summer, various scarves to zing things up.

I usually wear jeans and a t-shirt (ladies', fitted, v-neck) in winter, with a cardigan of some sort on top. In summer, I wear the same shirts, but short sleeve version, with skirts.

I wear workout wear when I'm working out. I had my fill of stretchy pants for regular wear when I was pregnant.

I had to go out to buy tires today so I had on my good black straight leg jeans, a tank top and an oversize striped shirt. Actually looked fairly decent for a change!

Most days in winter, I wear jeans or yoga pants, a tank top, and a hooded sweat shirt. Not super-sloppy, but could be better.

If I had some $$$ to spend on clothes for me, I would buy a couple more pairs of jeans (I only have one pair that isn't looking worn) and some button up shirts to go with them.

My favorite go-to, comfy outfit!

Is it sad that when I wear this I feel put together? :laugh:

I mostly wear either Yoga/ workout pants or my stretchy jeans that look better than "jeggings" but are just as comfortable as leggings. On top I wear loose fitting t shirts or tunic type tops, or a tank top and sweater.

There are days we don't go anywhere that I stay in my pajama pants, but I try not to do that too often. I also used to be barefoot at home all the time, but with tile floors downstairs I have been wearing either bearpaw boots, or slip-ons even inside at home.

I need more clothes, but DH needs work clothes, and DS is going to need more clothes soon...so I will wait.

I usually wear jeans, a long sleeved shirt and/or a sweater in the winter. I wear jeans and a t-shirt when it's warm enough. Basically, I wear the same things every day. :) Yoga pants are so comfy, but they don't make me feel dressed and ready for the day.

At home I usually wear a pull on dress or similar. And a cardigan sweater. When I go out in the winter, I am usually in pants (jeans or khakis or corduroys), a t-shirt or blouse and a cardigan sweater. Sometimes tights and skirts or a skirt over pants. Shoes are the sort of things only hip where ugly shoes are hip- clunky mjs, keen sneakers, laceless old school sneakers. Occasionally born or clark ballet flats or boots. In spring and summer I am more likely to wear a skirt or dress. I wear thin cardigans in warmer weather and chunky ones in winter. If you meet me, dollar to donuts I am wearing a cardigan. Maybe a hoodie. Usually a cardigan. I donated all my old work clothes because I shrank out of them after I quit and I am not regaining that weight just so that I can save a few bucks on work clothes in the future. When I occasionally have a client for a work contract, they know me and what I do and don't give a lick if I am dressed casually.

I am a bit cray-cray and do not ever wear workout type pants outside of working out. So no yoga or running pants unless I am skating, running or at the gym. I feel way too self conscious to go anywhere outside of that context in them.

I don't spend a lot of money on clothes. Nearly everything I wear comes from a thrift store and I don't have too many items of clothing at a time. When i reach my goal weight, I will buy a few new things. That said, life is too short to feel self conscious and uncomfortable with how I look. The money I do spend on clothes is well spent.

I usually wear jeans and a t-shirt (ladies', fitted, v-neck) in winter, with a cardigan of some sort on top. In summer, I wear the same shirts, but short sleeve version, with skirts.

I wear workout wear when I'm working out. I had my fill of stretchy pants for regular wear when I was pregnant.

Thats what Im saying!! I wore yoga pants my entire pregnancy.. Im so ready for "real" clothes but I dont have the baby weight off yet :(

I dress the same whether I'm leaving the house or not. I get up, get ready and dress. I wear jeans 90 percent of the time, usually skinnies. I wear a cute tank or tee and wear a sweater or jacket over it. I don't wear shoes in my house but if I go out its usually cute flats or boots. I also flat iron my hair and wear a bit of make up everyday. On days I have appts or am lunching with friends, I dress up a little bit more.

I do try to look my best all the time, I feel better when I'm well groomed and dressed nicely.

I do a lot of comfy pants, I have yoga pants, but also some more dressy cotton pants. I try to wear real shirts, when it's really cold (our house stays cooler) I layer with a sweatshirt or sweater. If I do t-shirts, I try to avoid the baggy men's shirts and stick with fitted ones. I also try to add color in the tops, as I tend to stay with black, grey or brown pants. Old Navy clearance is my go to place for most of my clothes. That and TJ Maxx/Marshalls have a lot of comfy colorful tops.

When it's warm enough I go barefoot, otherwise I'm wearing some type of slipper.

If I'm cleaning, I wear sweats.

Winter-jeans, turtle neck or long sleeved t-shirt with a sweater or jacket. I throw on a scarf and earrings if I'm going out.

Summer-capris and fitted t-shirt, it usually changes to a flows skirt if I go out. Scarf and earrings still apply.

I went through a serious period of schlump-sweats and stained fleece. I feel better about myself when I dress better.

I'm kind of embarrassed to admit this, but I wear a lot of Lands End dresses from the girls department (I fit into size 16). I have 7-8 of the long-sleeved A-line dresses that I've gotten really cheaply at their annual warehouse sale (like $3-$4/dress cheap).

Thats what Im saying!! I wore yoga pants my entire pregnancy.. Im so ready for "real" clothes but I dont have the baby weight off yet :(

When my (now) 12 yo was a week old, I dragged her and my husband out to find a pair of jeans. I needed a zipper. And pockets. They were size 16, "reverse cut" Levi's. With the boys, I had been on bed rest for 4 months and in my jammies for most of that time (plus, my xxl maternity clothes no longer fit... I was quite a sight at appointments). I squeezed myself into those things as soon as humanly possible. I may not have been able to breathe while wearing them, but I had to have a proper pair of pants on, lol.

When my (now) 12 yo was a week old, I dragged her and my husband out to find a pair of jeans. I needed a zipper. And pockets. They were size 16, "reverse cut" Levi's. With the boys, I had been on bed rest for 4 months and in my jammies for most of that time (plus, my xxl maternity clothes no longer fit... I was quite a sight at appointments). I squeezed myself into those things as soon as humanly possible. I may not have been able to breathe while wearing them, but I had to have a proper pair of pants on, lol.

Girrrrl, I know all about that lol. I squeezed myself into my "big" jeans and a couple hours after wearing them while visiting the inlaws I had to sneak in the bathroom and unbutton them. Lucky I had a hoodie on to cover that up.

I was in pain! lol

I'm kind of embarrassed to admit this, but I wear a lot of Lands End dresses from the girls department (I fit into size 16). I have 7-8 of the long-sleeved A-line dresses that I've gotten really cheaply at their annual warehouse sale (like $3-$4/dress cheap).

I have actually considered this, I am short and my shoulders are really small. But sadly the times I tried them on, my chest gets in the way and it looks weird!

Girrrrl, I know all about that lol. I squeezed myself into my "big" jeans and a couple hours after wearing them while visiting the inlaws I had to sneak in the bathroom and unbutton them. Lucky I had a hoodie on to cover that up.

I was in pain! lol

The old elastic through the button hole, looped around the button, saved me more than once. :lol:

I wear clothes such that I can put on my shoes and go out into public without worrying about how I look. No sweats, no dh's t-shirts. Casual, but still nice. My favorite warm-weather "uniform" is capris and a pretty top--often a tee, but a nice one, you know, not one of Mr. Ellie's cast-offs, lol. When the weather is cooler I have some good jeans and other Mom pants, lol.

I owe it to my children as well as to myself to dress well--not expensively, but well.

And I wear nice jammies to bed. :-)

Guest inoubliable

Lately, yoga pants and some workout shirt. Since I was sick, I just didn't care. I was going for comfort. The Benadryl kept me from feeling much of anything, much less shame at how un-put-together I was.

Usually, though, and I'm getting back to this - nice slacks and a fitted shirt. If it's summer time, I'm usually in sundresses or a maxi. I'm barefoot around the house, but I have a couple of heels that I can throw on with the slacks and shirt and some dressier sandals that I can throw on with the sundresses. The maxi, I usually wear a pair of flipflops with. I like that I can dress up any of that with some nice earrings or a scarf or a hat and sunglasses, if I need to.

I do think, though, that with the amount of stuff we're planning to do with the kids now (like geocaching and touring national parks) that I'm going to start wearing more of my workout gear for that. My Vivo shoes are going to be much more comfortable for that than any heel or flipflop.

My favorite thing to wear is a simple dress made of soft fabric. Another favorite is a pair of old jeans with a v-neck t-shirt (I don't like how I look in crew neck). I have a few simple dresses and a few v-neck shirts and tanks. I prefer barefoot or sandals, :001_smile: but of course it's winter here right now so I have to wear shoes (usually boots - and tights under my dresses). I can't wait for spring!!

ETA: Also love my Vibrams!

I am a jeans and t-shirt woman. I do like to dress up on occasion but after a few to several hours of being dressed up, I'm ready to be in my jeans again! However, if I'm hanging out with my scrapbook buddies, it's sweats and sweatshirt all the way, my friend! :)

If you're familiar with fashion-style at all, I'm a casual/dramatic! Casual in my everyday wear and dramatic in my dress up clothes. :)

More often than not, I wear a medium to long casual skirt over black leggings and 1-2 plain t-shirt type shirts (long/short sleeved mix; nice ones, not sports ones) with a sweater over that. Comfy, comfy.

I've asked my girls to sew me 2-3 nice t-shirts that are uber long (like to my ankles, similar to a nightgown, but without the little bitty bow at the neck) and then 4-5 long tank dresses that have flowy skirts rather than the straight ones you usually see on tank dresses. I would live in a mix-and-match combination of those for years if they'll do it. I'm ready for my old-lady uniform. ;)

I wear a uniform shirt and khakis to work in the morning, and when I get home I immediately change into sweats. Personally, I don't see the point of wearing "good" clothes around the house. It wears them out faster and you have more laundry to do at the end of the week. We almost never have people just stop by the house, so that doesn't really play into the decision of what to wear at all.

I wear a uniform shirt and khakis to work in the morning, and when I get home I immediately change into sweats. Personally, I don't see the point of wearing "good" clothes around the house. It wears them out faster and you have more laundry to do at the end of the week. We almost never have people just stop by the house, so that doesn't really play into the decision of what to wear at all.

Thats what I think.. I mean I would like to start wearing nicer clothes but Im in major need of some new ones. Maybe if I get a new wardrobe Ill wear the old things around the house. But for right now I need to keep them nicer.

I know mine would get worn out quick, especially with a baby around! :)

If I am home I wear yoga pants and a t-shirt but I would never wear them out in public. I just feel too self-conscious. I see other women doing that all the time but I just can't. If we go anywhere for normal errands or running dd around I either wear jeans and a nice top or a dress with leggings.

I wear jeans and a t-shirt (either long or short sleeved depending on the weather). If it is cold I put a sweater over the t-shirt. As soon as I get home or if I am going to be home all day it is yoga pants and a t-shirt with my husband's sweater over on cold days.

I don't feel great if I don't get dressed in real clothes, which for me is often jeans and a sweater when it's cold. And I have to make the ps run since I have one in school, so people see me everyday. My problem, though, is that I take quick breaks here and there from hsing throughout the day to clean, and I inevitably ruin clothes. Nearly everything I own has a bleach spot somewhere. I need a comfy outfit that's nice enough to run out it for hsing days, that I can wear almost everyday like a uniform so it won't matter if I ruin it.

I'm in the gain baby weight and lose it, rinse, repeat stage of life, but I still want to look nice (or I go crazy), so I normally wear dresses that can accomodate some weight change (and preferably nursing too), although I don't require that my normal clothes fit in the last trimester. 95% of the time I can slip on some shoes and go out in public and look good. Well, my hair is another story. That's where I get lazy.

Simple dress, or skirt/shirt most of the time. Not only is this comfortable, but it keeps me ready for whatever may come up during the day -- doctor appointments, home health care visitor, dash to the store, etc. Pants are less comfortable and are harder to move around in. Shorts/t-shirt for cleaning bathrooms.

I realize this might be a weird question, but what do you wear during the day (around the house, while homeschooling, cleaning, etc.)

I feel like I am wearing the same thing every single day and Im so sick of it. Not to mention its not that different from what I sleep in. I sleep in one of dhs tshirts and either basketball or cheer shorts.. then when I wake up I change into another tshirt with yoga pants around the house.

I feel boring and blah but if Im going to be spending money on more clothes they need to be my "public" clothes, or church clothes. I dont want to spend a bunch of money buying clothes to wear around the house so that the baby can spit up on them you know? But if someone drops in unexpectedly ( :glare: ) I would like to look less... sloppy.

So what do you wear?

I know what you mean. I wear jeans and long sleeve shirts or sweaters in the winter and jeans and cute t-shirts in summer. It's not exciting and my clothes are terribly old. The jeans I'm wearing now are at least 8 years old. Most of my tops are even older. But, like you, I wash my "at home clothes" a lot, so I don't want to spend a lot of money on them. I usually change when I go out.

I work from home, so it's not uncommon for me to spend all day in pajamas. I'm not even ashamed. Sometimes I'll take a shower, put on makeup, blow-dry my hair....and put on clean pajamas.

Lately I've been working out, so I often have workout wear (yoga pants) on instead of pajamas. This is VERY new for me. I'm a jeans and t-shirt girl normally, but if I just put the workout clothes on I'm much more likely to leave the house and actually go workout.