Menu

What is your current favorite TV show?

GraciebytheBay

I was going to list Dexter but I am rethinking the show's status. I honestly did not enjoy this season and am quite happy the finale was last night.

None of the shows I used to watch are doing it for me this year.

CSI - can't stand the changes in cast

Bones - I don't like the changes in Temperance now that she has had the baby

Parenthood - I can't quite put my finger on the problem

Grimm is good

Big Bang Theory - the saving grace of the little screen!!!!!!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomorrow I will watch the last episode of Friday Night Lights. Then I'll start back with season 3 of Parenthood, and try to avoid the season 4 commercials on TV. After I finish that, if I don't find anything else that's about 45 minutes long (I watch when I'm on the treadmill), I'll check into Downton Abbey (I watched seasons 1 & 2, but am not sure where/how long season 3 will be available to watch).

• 4 weeks later...

Person of Interest

Elementary

Would watch NCIS if I remembered

Want to start watching PBS British shows like Downtown Abbey, etc.

I know this is an older thread but just found it.

The 4 listed above are my favorites and ones I watch regularly. I occassionally will watch NCIS: LA and CSI now that Ted Danson joined.

I also like Bones and Monk.

I've never heard of Duck Dynasty. I'll have to check that out.

Yes, What the heck is this Duck Dynasty??

I think my favorite currently airing, if I had to pick just one, is Bones.

Also love Dr. Who, but it's nowhere to be found at the moment.... :( That would at least tie...

Sherlock is also up there but on even longer hiatus. :glare:

Also love Castle, but not quite as much as those...

I also watch and enjoy

Once Upon a Time

NCIS

NCIS LA

The Mentalist

Downton Abbey

Just started watching Arrow, it's okay.

I tried Walking Dead based on so many here loving it, but... meh. People get killed by boring zombies a lot. Not much plot I can find except run from zombies. Yawn. Does it get better or something? Watched about 4 episodes of 1st season and skipped to beginning of 2nd season, which is marginally better but way far away from yowza...

We are currently enjoyed "Blue Murder" the most on Netflix live-streaming. It's a 1 hour brit-mystery series that ended a few years ago. I really like the way the "team" works together. We're currently watching the final series and I'm a bit sad it will be done.

Also, we enjoy:

Bering Sea Gold (so far I'm disappointed in this current season though-don't know how long it will last).

New Tricks (NetFlix - another brit-mystery)

Fringe (Amazon Prime for free)

I can't believe no one has said Army Wives. We don't watch anything current, we catch up with old seasons via Netflix. Army Wives is what I'm currently watching and I LOVE it. We also watch Psych, Glades, and Once Upon a Time. I watched Hart of Dixie not long ago and enjoyed that too!

Currently running tv shows we watch in real time:

Castle

Fringe

Parks and Recreation

Warehouse 13 with the kids

We're watching old episodes of:

Foyle's War (BBC, WWII, detective/crime)

Falling Skies (Sci-Fi, alien invasion, post-apocalyptic)

If you're looking for series we loved:

Freaks and Geeks (I cried when it was over, high school in the '80s)

Firefly

Elementary for sure! It is fantastic! And Johnny Lee Miller has abs to make you drool. Sadly, he doesn't take his shirt off much. James Bond said if he had abs like that he'd never put a shirt on. :)

Grimm

Once Upon a Time

Castle!!!!!

Firefly (then watch the movie Serenity that ties it all up because it got cancelled way too soon)

Stargate SG-1 It's 10 years worth of eps, plus Richard Dean Anderson. Yum.

Game of Thrones

Downton Abbey

Two great mini-series are Pillars of the Earth and World Without End (just watched this one), based on the books by Ken Follett

Grey's Anatomy

Parenthood

Big Bang Theory - a brand new love for me!!!

The Office

Biggest Loser

Survivor

Mad Men - whenever it comes back on

Dh loves Breaking Bad. I watched the first episode and was a bit scared off. Is it a good show though??? He would love it if I'd watch with him.

Honey Boo Boo!

J/K :laugh:

I love NCIS & NCIS LA and Criminal Minds. Bones is ok, I LOVED it before the baby. I wish they had just done the baggy clothes and film from the waist up when she was pregnant!

I also like Elementary, CSI NY, and The Mentalist.

On Netflix, I've watched Nummb3rs, Lie to Me, Flashpoint, and am currently working my way through Law & Order (the one with Jeff Goldblum) .

The Walking Dead, Elementary, and Homeland. (We just started watching Homeland at the beginning...) Still like The Middle and Modern Family, too.

Happy Endings never fails to make dd17 and I laugh out loud. It's so weird, but funny to me. (That probably makes me a loser but I don't care. LOL)

I am totally psyched for The Following with Kevin Bacon...the commercials have got me interested.

Switched at birth. I watch it online since we don't have cable. We didn't even have a tv until Christmas, but MIL got us one :) We do have the basic channels and I was all excited at first thinking I'd get to watch this season of Switched at Birth "live", but then I realized it's on ABC FAMILY, not just ABC. :( So I still watch it on my laptop a day later.

Switched at birth. I watch it online since we don't have cable. We didn't even have a tv until Christmas, but MIL got us one :) We do have the basic channels and I was all excited at first thinking I'd get to watch this season of Switched at Birth "live", but then I realized it's on ABC FAMILY, not just ABC. :( So I still watch it on my laptop a day later.

I really like that show too, but I watch it on Netflix a year late... :(

Yes, What the heck is this Duck Dynasty??

I guess I'm glad I'm not the only one who has never heard of it!

I like:

Downtown Abbey

Grimm (Although we've missed a few episodes and I'm finding I can't work up the energy to worry about catching up.)

Suits

Vampire Diaries (My personal guilty pleasure.)

New Girl

30 Rock

Mindy Project

Psych

Bunheads

Sherlock (Such short seasons . . .)

I think that's it, in terms of current shows.

Love Lark Rise to Candleford too, own all but the last season (still need to get that one).

Love Lark Rise to Candleford! I've watched it on PBS, but have somehow never managed to catch the last half of season 4. Is that the last season? It's not on Netflix... :glare:

Is Sherlock BBC? Will have to check that one out.

Yes, and YES.