Menu

Niece in the Hospital..

Dh just called to tell me that our niece is not responding to antibiotics after having a growth removed from her head. Drs have told us to prepare for the worst. She is only 4.

Pleas have her in your thoughts. i would greatly appreciate it.

Danielle

Update in post 51, page 6

Edited by USDGAL

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Praying here, too!

If her doctors aren't hopeful, is there another (better) hospital in the area, or perhaps different doctors in the hospital where she is staying right now? Her current doctors may be wonderful, but when things are looking bleak, sometimes a fresh opinion can lead to a successful treatment.

I'm so sorry to hear about your niece, and I hope the doctors are able to save her life. :grouphug:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Praying here, too!

If her doctors aren't hopeful, is there another (better) hospital in the area, or perhaps different doctors in the hospital where she is staying right now? Her current doctors may be wonderful, but when things are looking bleak, sometimes a fresh opinion can lead to a successful treatment.

I'm so sorry to hear about your niece, and I hope the doctors are able to save her life. :grouphug:

She is at Children's Hospital, and they are supposed to have some of the best Dr's. We are still waiting on a phone call from family, but are making arrangements for someone to watch our dc. I plan on going stateside tonight or by morning.

Thank you all for your prayers. I am truly grateful for your kindness.

Danielle

Well, we just received some news that makes us hopeful. Originally, it was believed to be MRSA, so the hospital staff wasn't at all hopeful. Just 30 minutes ago the Dr. informed us that it was a Staph Infection. Apparently, this is good news. I am not really familiar with Staph, but the Dr. did say that it was not as serious as MRSA. There is still cause for concern, because it was next to her brain.

Most importantly, our niece seems to be doing better.

Thank you everyone for praying for her. If you could continue to pray for her recovery, that would be wonderful. The whole family is thankful and appreciative to no end.

Danielle