Menu

My sister is dying of cancer....

My oldest sister who is 50 just found out that she has a fast growing breast cancer. She is either stage 3 or 4 and doesn't have long at all. It spread so quickly that chemo will only buy her some time. I'm in shock, I'm sad, I'm scared. I am only 33 years old, but will now have to monitored and have yearly mammograms. I'm afraid for my sister. I don't know why I'm pouring this out here on you all at this time of year. Prayers please for us all. If you aren't religious, then positive thoughts please.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mother had fast growing breast cancer (I don't know if it was 3 or 4, I was 15 at the time and they didn't tell me the whole story - which I am thankful for), she was in her 40s. One doctor basically told her to go home and in the end he'd make her 'comfortable'. She fought it (surgery, radiation, chemo) and then had 5 years cancer free. The cancer did return again, it was (again) a very fast growing form. But she was able to see my brother and I grow up, and me marry. I guess I'm saying don't give up.

And I'll pray for you & your sister!

My mother had fast growing breast cancer (I don't know if it was 3 or 4, I was 15 at the time and they didn't tell me the whole story - which I am thankful for), she was in her 40s. One doctor basically told her to go home and in the end he'd make her 'comfortable'. She fought it (surgery, radiation, chemo) and then had 5 years cancer free. The cancer did return again, it was (again) a very fast growing form. But she was able to see my brother and I grow up, and me marry. I guess I'm saying don't give up.

And I'll pray for you & your sister!

Thank you for the encouragement.

I'm so sorry. :grouphug: I'm praying for her and asking for St. Rita's intercession' date=' and praying for you and the whole family too. :grouphug:[/quote']

My middle name is Rita, named after her. I will take her as my patron saint and pray to her as well. Thank you.

My oldest sister who is 50 just found out that she has a fast growing breast cancer. She is either stage 3 or 4 and doesn't have long at all. It spread so quickly that chemo will only buy her some time. I'm in shock, I'm sad, I'm scared. I am only 33 years old, but will now have to monitored and have yearly mammograms. I'm afraid for my sister. I don't know why I'm pouring this out here on you all at this time of year. Prayers please for us all. If you aren't religious, then positive thoughts please.

PRaying for a miracle.

There may be some different treatments; I'd encourage her to get some different opinions. If she's stage 3, then I can't see there not being any hope.

:iagree:

I will pray for your sister, and for you, too, because this is a horrible time for you and your family.

But if your sister's doctors aren't giving her hope, and there's a chance she's still at Stage 3, PLEASE encourage her to find the doctors who have been the most successful at treating her type of cancer, and to travel as far and wide as she needs to, to meet with them. I have known more than one "terminal" cancer patient who has ended up as a long-term cancer survivor -- even at Stage 4. If her doctors can't give her hope, find one that can.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I'm sorry. My sister died of breast cancer when I was 16. She was 27. I'm glad that everyone is being honest about the possibility of little time being left - that way you can make the most of it. When my sister was dying everyone was so upbeat and positive - I never thought she would die. In the end, I didn't even get to say good-bye.