Menu

Baby Thread! Pics!

Sorry its taken me so long to post. I knew, however, that if I posted without pics, a posse would be formed to come for me, and I finally just got the camera stuff sorted out.

I haven't searched to see what all has been posted, so here's a quick update.

Induction started at 1130 am on Monday. I explained, repeatedly, about RSD, and also that my body stalls at 3-4cm, and at that point I need an epidural and my water broken. Its about 3 hrs after that I start pushing, and baby will be born about 4 hrs after the water breaking and epi.

I was reassured, repeatedly, that I would get the epi asap, esp b/c of the RSD issues.

Got the epi about 9pm. Took three freaking tries. The Dr was so upset and apologetic about it, but at that point, all I cared about was that I had it.

They *refused* to break my water. I'd made 0 progress since hitting 3 cm, as I told them would happen. They wanted to wait.

And wait.

Finally, at 630 am, with still NO progress, they finally broke my water.

The epi wore off, despite top up, 20 mins after. My utmost respect and admiration to those who manage labour without meds. I would have died and been grateful for it at that point. I've never had it wear off like that, and transition sucks. Thank God another top up was effective.

930, on the dot, I started pushing. The nurse was in shock that I'd predicted it to the minute. I don't know why, but I wasn't able to push effectively...kept pushing in my face and quitting. Once again, baby wasn't engaged (-2? station) and Wolf is repeating to them that our babies don't engage, and I always push from on high.

OB came in, and I don't know if the epi had worn off just enough, or what, but I focused...and 2.5 pushes later, baby was born. OB was in shock, barely able to get his gown on.

For all the concern about him being huge, he's 7 lbs, exactly. :lol: Smallest baby I've ever had!

He's sooooo laid back and mellow. Just content to watch the world around him while being held.

The other kids are being totally awesome. I walked in the livingroom yesterday and found Diva changing a diaper! :svengo:I just about have to battle her for the baby, she's wanting to do everything.

The Littles argue over who gets to hold him, Princess will sit on the floor by his swing and sing to him, Tazzie tells him stories.

Just feel totally and utterly and completely blessed.

RSD is flaring up more as the days go by, but knowing how much worse it can be, I've been very grateful for the time I've had thus far. Today's been the worst yet, but the fact that I wasn't immediately incapacitated by it is a huge blessing. The weather had been very mild up until we got hit with some snow last night, and that's def a factor.

I've no doubt that all the prayers ppl have sent is the biggest reason, though.

Thank you all who have been so supportive during my pregnancy, and have been praying for me, the baby, and my family. :grouphug:

post-8764-13535085739812_thumb.jpg

post-8764-13535085739917_thumb.jpg

post-8764-13535085740023_thumb.jpg

Congrats! Absolutely beautiful baby!

Docs are so off on the weights sometime. Everyone thought my first baby would be like 4 pounds because of how tiny I was. She was 9lbs12oz. They did kinda get it right the second time (with the help of one of those special ultrasounds). They said 11lbs if he made it full term (not expected). He was 11lbs 6oz on his due date (but had been born a month before at 7lbs11oz).

Anyway, it would have been nice had they listened to you about how your labor/delivery goes. It isn't like you don't know by now. I mean, yeah, pregnancies are different, but they should still trust ya.

A funny...

I told Wolf that there must be a lot of ugly babies born in our city. I had entire shifts of nurses gathered to ohh and ahh over him...My nurse bring them by, "This is the baby I told you about, isn't he gorgeous?" :lol:

Yours IS cute. Honestly, I am not a baby ooh-er and aah-er. I think 99.9 % of new babies are kind of squashy-ugly looking. I would NOT say yours is cute if I didn't really think so. :001_smile: