Menu

*sigh*. What to do with yet another package of boneless skinless chicken?

We eat boneless skinless chicken bre@st a LOT. I've got a package mostly thawed in the fridge for dinner tonight.

I need some fresh ideas. Mostly, I just put olive oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper on it, and grill it in my cast iron skillet on the stove. That's good, but it's getting old. Sometimes we make chicken tacos, but we're kinda tired of those.

What I'd *like to do is cook them slowly in either the crock pot or the oven covered in bbq sauce. But I DON"T want to end up with shredded bbq chicken; just very tender whole pieces in bbq sauce. What's the best way to do that?

Anyone have any other favorite dishes that uses boneless skinless chicken?

TIA!

Every time I've cooked breast in the crockpot it winds up really dry and shreddy...

Assuming you don't have any allergy issues, etc, here's my favorite chicken breast recipe. Quantities are 100% to your preference; you really can't mess it up!

Layer in a 13x9 pan:

• Chicken Breasts
  • On each breast, lay some sliced swiss cheese
  • On top of the cheese, add bagged stuffing till the chicken's covered (I fill the gaps between the chicken too because I love stuffing)
  • On top of the stuffing, pour jarred chicken gravy

Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375 until the chicken is done, usually around an hour or so. I try to remember to take off the foil the last 15 mins or so to crisp up the stuffing, but even if I forget it's great!

I serve with cranberry sauce for a quick taste of Thanksgiving.

Hope it helps.

Just bake them covered in the oven; you'll be able to keep them whole, but tender that way.

We eat boneless skinless chicken bre@st a LOT. I've got a package mostly thawed in the fridge for dinner tonight.

I need some fresh ideas. Mostly, I just put olive oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper on it, and grill it in my cast iron skillet on the stove. That's good, but it's getting old. Sometimes we make chicken tacos, but we're kinda tired of those.

What I'd *like to do is cook them slowly in either the crock pot or the oven covered in bbq sauce. But I DON"T want to end up with shredded bbq chicken; just very tender whole pieces in bbq sauce. What's the best way to do that?

TIA!

This is a favorite in our household:

Pour a bottle of bbq sauce and 1 cup of coke into a slow cooker, and stir. Add the chicken breasts. Clean and then slice a lemon and lay the slices on top of chicken. If your kids like onions, we usually add sliced onions too. Cook it all day in the slow cooker. Give it a stir now and then. I start it on high, for a few hours at least, and then turn it down to low. Serve over rice. Easiest thing in the world!

It's good with a green salad.

We put Montreal Seasoning for chicken on them and grill them. My family never gets tired of this and we put them on the grill right out of the freezer. Very handy if you are the type of person who often forgets to get something out of the freezer to thaw. That that I forget to do that (well, not every single day). :lol:

I do a variation of this - I pound the chicken flat and then bread it (flour, egg, seasoned bread crumbs), then fry it for a couple minutes to crisp the breading. I finish by baking it in a pan in the oven with some spaghetti sauce and mozzerella cheese, and serve with pasta.

With chicken breasts, remember you're not stuck with that shape. I love throwing them in the processor for chicken picadillo or chopping it up for Chicken Curry in a Hurry.* Or slice them into thick tenderloins and do fake "fried" chicken fingers. Or there's this fabulous recipe for chicken tenderloins with cranberries and honey mustard.**

* Full disclosure: I currently have a golden raisin obsession.

** I used to think this recipe is one of the reasons dh fell in love with me, but I found out years later he doesn't like fruit with his meat. That's how I realized it was true love, since he ate it anyway and (since we were still courting) pretended to like it.

Guest IdahoMtnMom

This is out favorite chicken recipe around here! I add grilled veggies or apple salsa as a topping and it is also low carb, low calorie, and low salt... totally healthy.

Chicken Taco's

2 pounds b/s chicken breasts

1 cup lime juice

6 tbsp sugar

2 tbsp olive oil

1/2 tsp black pepper

1/2 tsp salt

12 (6in) corn tortillas

Pound the chicken to 1 inch thickness. Whisk together the lime juice, sugar, olive oil, pepper, and salt. Marinate the chicken for 1 hour in the fridge. Grill or bake the chicken until is no longer pink. Slice and serve in warmed flour tortillas.

***we also like this recipe. I use the leftover in quesadillas or for bbq chicken pizzas***

BBQ Chicken Sandwiches

2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts

1 cups bbq sauce (kc matserpiece original)

3/4 cup italian dressing (wishbone)

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 tbsp yellow mustard

1 tsp hot sauce (tabasco)

12 hamburger buns

Place all the ingredients in your crock pot. Set on high and cook for 5-6 hours. Remove chicken and let cool slightly. Shred the chicken and add it back to the sauce/crockpot. Cook 1 hour more. Serve on buns.

Salt and pepper and drizzle with EEO. Place them into a shallow baking dish. Mix up a combo of 1/2 bbq and 1\2 marmalade and pour over the top. Bake until chicken is done, turning the chicken halfway through and basting with the sauce often. YUM. :D You can also use Apricot preserves instead of marmalade.

TIA!

My son's favorite chicken recipe is something he calls Skillet Chicken - because it's cooked in a skillet!

Cut chicken cross-wise into thin strips. Put just enough olive oil in the skillet so that the chicken will not stick. Sprinkly *lightly* with your favorite seasoned salt or Greek seasoning. Cook until the chicken is done.

We usually serve this with mixed veggies (broccoli, squash, and carrots) and a big salad. It's also good with rice.

We also eat a LOT of boneless skinless chicken breasts!!

How about some chicken curry?

Dice breasts and brown in a pot. Add a can of coconut milk, a can of diced (fire-roasted) tomatoes, about a TBSP of curry (or 1.5 tsp each of a couple different types of curry like tumeric, red curry, garam masala), a TBSP of sugar and maybe a pinch of salt.

Simmer 10-15 minutes.

Serve over rice.

Delicious!

Chicken with sun-dried tomatoes and cream

Ingredients

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into pieces

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 large onion

4 garlic cloves, minced (or crushed garlic equivalent)

1 packet sundried tomatoes

1 cup chicken broth or chicken stock

250 ml cream

Brown rice

Preparation method

Fry onions and garlic

Add Chicken pieces and brown

Add chicken stock, bring to boil.

Add sun-dried tomatoes

When liquid has reduced sufficiently, add cream and stir

Serve on rice

I like to mix up cream cheese and chives or shallots (you can use the pre-made cream cheese with chives, but it tends to be really salty). I cut a slit in each chicken breast and put the cream cheese inside, cover, and bake. The chicken juices mix with the cream cheese that leaks out and it makes a really tasty sauce. Serve over rice/potatoes/egg noodles.

Chicken Kiev

Chicken Parmesiana

Chicken Cordon Bleu

Either way, I use the same method. Coat in flour, then egg or milk, then breadcrumbs with parsley and salt/pepper. Brown them in a pan with 1 T butter, 1 T olive oil, garlic, and onion. Then bake them for 20 minutes at 450 degress. It makes the best chicken ever. :D

We usually make chicken stir fry (with a teriyaki sauce,) or we cook it (cut into pieces) in olive oil, garlic, and onion, and then add some couscous or quinoa and veggies. A bowl of that with a side of green salad and a bowl of fresh fruit is quick and yummy.

TIA!

cut it in strips, put the BBQ sauce on it, and bake it in the oven.

cut it in strips, and soak it in teriyaki sauce

cubes, add pineapple and green pepper (I also do carrots) and sweet & sour sauce over rice

lemon chicken

allrecipies.com for ideas

Our go-to chicken dinner is a seasonal chicken skillet. Cut chicken into bite size pieces, toss with whatever seasonings you feel like that day and saute with whatever fresh seasonal veggies you have on hand. My fave is Italian seasonings with tomatoes, zucchini, and onions. I've done them with Mexican, Indian, and Chinese seasonings too.

I use TONS of the chicken recipes on the Year of Crockpot blog. I also will just cook the chicken pack and then use it for a couple of days in anything that requires "cooked chicken" or to speed up the process in regular meals. My favorite is chicken curry.

* * 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice

* 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces

* 2 teaspoons curry powder

* 3/4 teaspoon salt

* 1/4 teaspoon pepper

* 1/2 cup chopped onion

* 1 tablespoon canola oil

* 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk

* 2 tablespoons tomato paste

* 3 cups fresh baby spinach (I have used frozen but fresh is best)

* 1 cup chopped tomato (I use a can of diced tomatoes)

Directions

* Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle the chicken with curry, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute chicken and onion in oil until chicken is no longer pink.

* Stir in coconut milk and tomato paste. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until thickened. Add spinach and tomato; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until spinach is wilted. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.

EditorĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s Note: You may substitute 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract and 1 cup milk, cream or other dairy product for each cup of coconut milk.

Mulligatawny soup is lovely this time of year. We had it last night. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/mulligatawny-soup-i/detail.aspx

Chicken in Peanut-Tomato Sauce is a West African recipe that is amazing. It's one of my family's top three dinners. We serve it with brown rice. http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/282/ChickeninPeanutTomatoSauce62357.shtml

There's always oven-fried chicken (using corn flakes).

FALL FRUITY CHICKEN CURRY WITH APPLES AND RAISINS

Curry is my suggestion too. I'd do red onion, chicken, granny smith apples (diced), and raisins, with coconut milk and curry powder.

Saute onion in 3 tbsp olive or canola oil, add chicken and apples, saute until chicken is done, add 3 tbsp flour to make a roux, cook a minute or so, then slowly add 2 cups coconut milk while stirring, plus add the raisins and curry powder. Simmer until raisins are plump. Serve over rice.

The raisins will swell up like grapes and take on the curry flavor. If you don't like raisins, give it a try anyway; you may be surprised.

I go through a lot of chicken breasts in a week also. I usually put some in the crockpot and shred for tacos, burritos, enchiladas, lasagna, chicken chili, and some kind of pasta w/alfredo sauce and veggies.

I also cut some in bite size chunks and make chicken nuggets. They freeze really well when I make a big batch and make for a quick lunch.

Bake them in a 13x9 baking dish until not quite done. Cover with spaghetti sauce and mozzerella cheese. Put back in oven and bake until the sauce is hot and the cheese slightly browned. Serve with pasta and a salad or green vegetable.

That was going to be my suggestion. When I can't think of anything else to do with chicken, I usually do chicken parm.

I pound the breasts so they're a bit thinner, dredge them in some olive oil and then cover them in bread crumbs, then bake them for about 15-30 minutes at 400 degrees. Then I cover them with spaghetti sauce and mozzerella (sometimes some parmesan if I have it) and bake another 10 minutes or so.

It comes out great.

Oh wow- so many good ideas, so few chicken breasts!!!!

One of our favorites is CURRIED HONEY MUSTARD- very easy, and I've served it to guests many times

1/4 cup butter melted (you can omit this)

1/3 cup honey

1/4-1/3 cup dijon mustard (or brown spicy mustard)

1-2 T curry powder

Mix together and pour over chicken (marinate if you have the time) Bake at 375 covered for 15 minutes, uncover and bake until done (about 10+)

Here's another favorite here, for the grill or broiler. It calls for thighs but we've done it with breasts and it's great! Doesn't sound like much, but the sweet/savory contrast is delicious.

Spicy Honey-Brushed Chicken Thighs

From Cooking Light

Serves 4

• 2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 2 teaspoons chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper (we omit this - a little too spicy)
  • 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
  • Cooking spray
  • 6 tablespoons honey
  • 2 teaspoons cider vinegar

1. Preheat broiler. Combine first 6 spice ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken to bowl; toss to coat. Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil chicken 5 minutes on each side.

2. Combine honey and vinegar in a small bowl, stirring well. Remove chicken from oven; brush 1/4 cup honey mixture on chicken. Broil 1 minute. Remove chicken from oven and turn over. Brush other side with remaining honey mixture. Broil 1 additional minute or until chicken is done.

Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts

4 parts Apricot preserves

1 part melted butter

Dash of onion powder

Splash or two of balsamic vinegar

Black pepper, optional

Stir together and spoon over the chicken breasts before baking. This chicken is nice with rice, or sliced on a green salad. (Whew, that was mildly Seussian)

I've used bottled Italian or Ranch dressings as glazes, also.

Chicken Soup in crock pot (I estimate everything and just throw it together)

I use a 7 qt crock pot:

3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

pour a good sized helping of frozen peas or frozen peas and carrots over it

@ 1 T Garlic Pepper

@ 1 T Italian seasoning or 1 T Cajun seasoning

@ 1 T Chicken base

Option: 1 C brown rice (Kids love it; dh thinks the rice turns mushy after cooking all day.)

Fill the crock pot with water.

Cook all day until the chicken easily shreds. Shred the chicken. If you didn't add rice, you can toss in some pasta noodles for 20 minutes or so. Dh likes to put top ramen in the bowls and pour the soup on top, then leave the ramen to cook for 3 minutes. Sometimes I've also thrown cooked rice into the soup at this point. That works well also.

We eat a lot of chicken breasts too and THIS is by far one of our favorites(I copied and pasted from when I posted this on my blog):

Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Mozzarella

3 chicken breasts

2 Tbsp butter or margarine, softened

1/4 tsp. salt

1/8 tsp. pepper

3(1-ounce) slices of Mozzarella cheese

2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour

1 large egg, beaten

1 cup soft breadcrumbs

2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted

1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley

1/8 tsp. dried sage

1/8 tsp. dried rosemary

1/8 tsp. dried thyme

1/4 cup Chablis or other dry white wine

1. Place Chicken between 2 sheets of wax paper. Flatten to 1/4 inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Spread 2 tbsp. butter evenly over one side of chicken breasts. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top each with a slice of cheese. Roll up, starting with long side; secure with a tooth pick.

2. Dredge chicken in flour; dip in egg, and roll in breadcrumbs. Place in an ungreased 8 inch square baking dish. Combine 2 tbsp. butter and next 4 ingredients; brush over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350* for 20 minutes. Pour wine over chicken. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until done.

We love these recipes:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooker-buffalo-chicken-sandwiches/detail.aspx

This is in the crockpot now!

This one I use cilantro instead of oregano because I love cilantro, but I am curious how it tastes with oregano. I also buy the spicy guacamole from Trader Joe's which gives it amazing flavor. I usually have refried beans and mexican rice with it.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/lime-chicken-soft-tacos/detail.aspx

Fried rice with chicken:

Ingredients:

4 cups rice (uncooked)

3-4 eggs

half onion chopped (completely optional - mine usually ask me to leave it out)

a cup or so of frozen peas

olive oil

sesame seeds (to be added as you serve - optional)

Soy sauce

terryaki sauce

1/2lb to 1lb of boneless chicken breast tenderloin cut up(or substitute with diced tofu)

I cook the rice in a rice maker or pan. You can make it ahead of time. Put about a tablespoon of olive oil in pan and heat on med. Add chicken and terryaki sauce - usually takes maybe 10 minutes or so to cook. While chicken is cooking, put about a tablespoon of oil in a small pan on med. Once oil is heated, break eggs in pan and then scramble. When eggs and chicken are done, set aside. In a larger pot (enough to fit all ingredients), add olive oil to pan (maybe 3 to 4 tablespoons) and heat on med. If using onion, cook in olive oil until translucent. Add rice and drizzle with olive oil. Stir while cooking (really you are just heating it all up and frying the rice a little) (rice seems to stick to bottom some). Add eggs, chicken/tofu, and frozen peas. Add soy sauce to flavor. When you are ready to serve, I add the sesame seeds to individual bowls since some want it and some don't.

And this one my family loves- Curry Chicken Divan:

Steam broccoli and cook 3-4 chicken breasts

lay broccoli on bottom of 9 by 13 pan

Shred chicken and put on top of broc.

mix two cans of cream of chicken, 1 c of sour cream, curry powder, and a little lemon juice and pour over chicken and broc

mix together one pack of ritz crackers crushed and 1 stick of butter and pour on top of casserole.

bake at 350 for 30 minutes

Edited by tinag

We make a lot of chicken, too, and I tend to stick them still frozen in a casserole dish with the seasonings/sauce and bake for 1.5 hours on 35-375. Nothing exact. LOL

Here is an easy one!

Chicken Teriyaki

1/2 c. soy sauce

1/4 c. brown sugar

1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar

1 Tbsp. oil

1 clove minced garlic (I use a tsp. of garlic and herb blend)

1/2 tsp. ground ginger

Mix and pour over chicken breasts, whole or pieces, frozen or thawed, and bake at 375 until done. (30-40 min. for thawed; about 1 hour 20-40 min. for frozen depending on the size of your chicken pieces)

Mix 1 heaping Tbsp. cornstarch in 1/4 c. cold water and wisk into the chicken and sauce. Put it back in the oven quickly, heat until it thickens.

***This recipe is for 4-5 medium chicken breasts and I always use more and double or even triple the sauce because we like it over rice or noodles with lots of sauce!

1) Simple Sauteed Chicken

Heat olive oil in a pan. Salt and pepper your chicken breasts. Cook on each side until nicely browned. We love serving this over Ina Garten's bowties with broccoli.

2) "Adobo" Chicken

As above, but instead of salt and pepper, sprinkle the chicken with Adobo seasoning. We serve this with Spanish rice and a vegetable.

3) Breaded baked chicken

Season breadcrumbs with marjoram (optional), paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix some shredded Parmesan cheese with the breadcrumbs if you'd like. Dredge chicken in oil and then in the breading. Bake until done. This freezes really well. Goes great with mashed potatoes. :D

4) Chicken parmesan

As above, but when it's done or nearly done, top with some spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese. Serve with pasta.

5) Chicken n' dumplings

Boneless breasts can work here if you have some stock already. I use this recipe as a starting point (I normally add lemon juice or buttermilk instead of the wine and it works great).

6) Greek chicken pitas

Marinade:

3/8 cup olive oil

1 tsp ground cumin

3/8 cup lemon juice

1 tsp hot pepper flakes

1 tsp oregano

6 garlic cloves, finely minced

Marinate chicken an hour or more. Cut into large chunks and grill or sautee. Serve in pitas (homemade pitas are YUMMY but not necessary) with lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, and feta. I like a yogurt/dill dressing but my dh does not.

7) Sesame chicken

I based mine off of a recipe on Allrecipes.com... I forget which recipe I use, though.

ETA: I think it's this one.

8) For special occasions, I occasionally make Cook's Illustrated's Chicken with Bacon, Rosemary, and Lemon. But you have to buy bacon, so, um, it's not really so frugal anymore. But it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good.

Edited by cottonmama

We eat chicken most the time.

This is our new favorite:

Chicken Stuffed with Zucchini and Mozzarella

1 tsp olive oil

4 cloves garlic, chopped

1 1/2 cups (1 medium) zucchini, shredded

1/4 cup + 2 TBSP romano or parmesan cheese

3 oz (or so) shredded mozzarella

salt and pepper to taste

8 thin chicken cutlets (I used 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts and cut them in half horizontally to make them thin)

1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs

Juice of 1 lemon

1 TBSP olive oil

Preheat oven to 375. Lightly spray baking dish with Pam (or grease it)

In a skillet, heat oil. Saute garlic until golden brown. Add shredded zucchini, and cook a few minutes. Add 1/4 cup romano or parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste, and saute for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool. When cool, add mozzarella cheese and mix to combine.

Lay chicken on a flat surface and spread about 3 TBSP of the zucchini-cheese mixture on each. Loosely roll each one and keep seam side down.

Combine breadcrumbs and grated cheese in one bowl; in a second bowl combine olive oil and lemon juice.

Dip rolled chicken into lemon-oil mixture, then into the breadcrumbs, and place seam side down in the baking dish.

Bake 30-45 minutes until done. The baking time depends on the thickness of your chicken.

Here's a favorite of ours. It's great for leftovers too. I don't remember the exact recipe b/c once I make it the first time, I wing it from there.

Santa Fe Chicken:

Put chicken breasts (frozen or thawed) in crackpot. Add a jar of salsa. Add several cans of drained beans (your choice, we use kidney and black), add canned or frozen corn (we like frozen). 30-45 minutes before serving, add 8 oz of cream cheese and stir. At some point, shred the chicken. Ive used RoTel in a pinch when im out of salsa. Serve with tortillas and cheese (we use cheddar) or over rice. It sounds gross but it's very yummy! It makes excellent leftovers too.

Thanks everyone, so many great ideas for future use! I ended up making this:

3) Breaded baked chicken

Season breadcrumbs with marjoram (optional), paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Mix some shredded Parmesan cheese with the breadcrumbs if you'd like. Dredge chicken in oil and then in the breading. Bake until done. This freezes really well. Goes great with mashed potatoes. :D

I did serve it with mashed potatoes and and green beans. The boys loved it. I NEVER knew you could just dredge the chicken in oil; I've always done the flour/egg/crumb thing before. I used olive oil, and it was very easy and worked well. I just cut the (rather large) chicken breasts into three pieces; one piece off of the 'skinny' end, then cut the 'fatter' end in half down the middle (turning it into two thinner pieces). That way it all cooked evenly. It was yummy!

Can't wait to try some of the other ideas another day!

Oh, and I did I *forget* that my family loves chicken parm? I used to make it a lot, but haven't made it months!

Crockpot recipe - we had this last night - everyone loved it.

Cheesy Bacon Chicken

2T (olive) oil

Chicken

1/2C ranch dressing

1/4C teriyaki sauce

6 slices cooked, crumbled bacon

1C (or more) shredded cheddar cheese

Lightly coat the crock with oil. Arrange chicken on the bottom. Mix ranch dressing and teriyaki sauce and pour over chicken. Top with bacon and cheese. Cook on low 5-6 hours.

I had large chicken breasts, but I think my crockpot cooks hot, so mine were done in 3 hours. Very yummy.

Another easy one for the crockpot that I plan to try soon:

"Thai" Peanut Chicken (or pork)

Chicken (or pork)

1C peanut butter (softened)

1C salsa

Put chicken in crockpot. Mix peanut butter and salsa and pour over chicken. Cook on low 6 hours or until done.

Oh, and I did I *forget* that my family loves chicken parm? I used to make it a lot, but haven't made it months!

I get into ruts where I can't think of anything to make and "forget" all of our favorites. Chicken parmesan is one of those.

We like General Tao Chicken over rice. We can't have soy, so I just omit that. I also like to substitute frozen OJ concentrate for the ketchup to make orange chicken. Finally, I'll make just the breaded chicken without any sauce with mash potatoes and country gravy.

The other thing we really like to do with chicken is "homemade Chipolte". I cube the chicken and season it a bit spicy (usually salt, pepper, cayenne, and some chili garlic hot sauce). I serve that over rice and pinto beans with sour cream and cheese, just like a bowl from Chipolte's Mexican Grill.

You can make smothered chicken with boneless, skinless.

I dredge in seasoned flour and pan fry to brown the outsides only, put in a heavy ovenproof pan, then saute diced onion, celery, carrots in the drippings until they are half cooked. Pour over the meat, cover with broth and bake until done.

I use EVOO, and season with white pepper, and chopped parsley.

Serve over egg noodles or brown rice, and watch it disappear.

I got the recipe out of JOC.

Here is a simple murgh do piazz recipe, not too spicy:

http://www.indianfoodforever.com/holiday-recipes/eid/murgh-do-piaza.html

Edited by kalanamak

Three family favorites. One easy crockpot recipe:

http://www.food.com/recipe/crock-pot-chicken-w-black-beans-and-cream-cheese-yum-89204

One for the grill:

Flank Steak

1 cup beef broth

1/3 cup soy sauce

Ă‚Â¾ teaspoons season salt (ie LawryĂ¢â‚¬â„¢s)

Ă‚Â¼ cup chopped onion

1 clove garlic, minced

3 tablespoons lime juice

Ă‚Â½ cup brown sugar

Slice flank steak into one inch thick strips lengthwise. Mix together remaining ingredients and marinade meat for several hours. Grill steak strips over hot coals, basting frequently.

This marinade also works well with chicken and pork.

And for if you want to fuss a bit:

Parmesan Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into halves.

Combine breading ingredients:

1 teaspoon salt

Ă‚Â½ teaspoon pepper

Ă‚Â½ teaspoon garlic powder

Ă‚Â½ teaspoon paprika

Ă‚Â¼ teaspoon thyme

Ă‚Â½ cup parmesan cheese

2 tablespoon parsley flakes

2/3 cup fine crumbs of crackers like Ritz or Town House

2/3 water plus 2 Tablespoon oil

Ă‚Â½ cup melted butter

2/3 cup white wine (cheap wine works great with this recipe!)

Nonstick spray casserole dish. Dip chicken into oil-water mixture and then coat in breading mixture. Both steps may need to be repeated to coat thoroughly. Place chicken into dish with space between the pieces. Add melted butter, drizzling a little carefully over chicken. Bake uncovered at 350 for 45 minutes.

Add wine, stir around a little to form a sauce and baste over chicken. Return to oven and bake at least 15 more minutes, basting again if desired. Oven times will vary depending on size of chicken pieces.

Serve over wild rice.