Menu

What do you buy at Costco?

My fil graciously supplies all us 'kids' with a Costco membership, and he renews it every year. But I feel bad, 'cause I don't really use it.

For some reason, I have it in my head that it's not a better deal to shop there than to shop the regular stores with coupons or store brands.

Can you set me straight if I'm wrong? What do you find good deals on at Costco?

Honestly, I am not good at comparison shopping, but I value being able to buy the bulk of my list from one place. Items that I think are less expensive at Costco:

canned tomatoes, beans, corn

loaves of orowheat bread (2 for $6) but now I make my bread at home

paper products (toilet, towels, etc..)

breakfast cereal (this is where I'm not sure b/c the quantities are so different)

nuts like pecans, almonds are good quality and similar in price or less

seasonings

flour/sugar

milk

eggs

orange juice

cheeses

(this post is resembling my weekly list! )

The trick to Costco is to know your prices. Some things are a great deal and others are not. Sometimes you are simply paying for the convenience of a large quantity.

Some of my standard purchases are:

Baking Soda

Kirkland Chocolate Covered Raisins (love these)

Frozen foods (Dumplings, vegetables, the occasional box of cream puffs)

Cheese

Milk

Really it is the quality of the produce that impresses me the most. Their pineapple is always so fresh compared to the grocery store. I love their artisan breads and the roasted chicken. I buy their flour, milk, butter, and eggs. I also buy some clothes there and when lucky I buy tennis shoes there for a good deal.

I have never found a better deal on chocolate chips than at Costco. I am sure extreme couponers would disagree, but I don't have time for all of that business.

Other things I usually buy at Costco....

whole organic chickens

paper towels and toilet paper with the coupons I get from Costco

toothbrushes with the coupon

cheese

string cheese

occasional frozen foods like gyoza

frozen blueberries

food for parties

birthday cakes

every single holiday dress I've ever bought for my dds (I usually pay $12-18)

kids' bathing suits

computers

cameras

For me (and our area "regular" grocery store is pretty expensive) I can get better deals at Costco on just about everything. The biggest money savers to me are meat (especially beef), organic milk (I get 3 half gallons for the price of 2 at the grocery store), coffee, eggs, string cheese sticks, yogurt (I save about $6 per dozen single serve Chibani yogurt), fruit and vegetables. I think everything I buy at Costco is cheaper than my grocery store. I balk whenever I have to buy the above-mentioned items at the grocery store so these are the things that stick out the most.

I get lots of clothes there (mostly tops or capri pants) and they always have great winter coats for the kids.

Pop chips

cheese

deli meats (for hubby-he brings sandwich everyday for lunch)

bread

chocolate covered acai (YUM)

Eggland's Best Eggs

batteries

K-cup coffee

toilet paper

paper towel

paper plates (for parties)

red cups (for parties)

occasional bunch of flowers

paper for printer and children's art

construction paper

protein powder (for dh)

qtips

Aidelle's chicken meatballs (so good with rice)

laundry detergent

antibacteria wipes (clorox or kirkland brand)

dishwasher detergent

bounce

apple juice

sometimes rib eye steaks

baby back ribs

Cetaphil lotion and face wash

Dove shampoo/conditioner

***** okay I'll stop.

Oh, and after we buy all that, we go to the snack stand and buy 2 slices of pizza for $1.99each for dh and dd, 2 hot dogs (with drinks, free refill) for $1.50 each for ds and me. :D

I really need to go tomorrow.

Dave's Killer bread

Organic Tree Top applesauce

Oraganic Kirkland Salsa

canned tomatoes, tomato sauce and tomato paste

frozen peas, green beans and broccoli

tortillas

Tillamook shredded and sliced cheese, cheddar and pepperjack

wines I use for cooking

organic eggs

organic fruits

frozen Foster Farms all natural chicken breasts and thighs

organic spinach salad

dried organic fruits

lunch meats

non-food:

all of my sickly sons vitamins and supplements

shampoo and conditioner

binders (WAY cheaper)

Edited by ds4159
forgot a lot :)

For most things, yes, I can coupon shop and get better deals, but that also means I'm going to three different stores, reading three different sets of flyers, making multiple trips, ordering and keeping track of coupons, etc. Sometimes I'm up for that. Sometimes I'm not. Sometimes the sale prices are equivalent to those at Costco or only pennies more, so I don't bother. I also like that bigger containers cut down on packaging waste (sometimes!). Here's what we buy:

• Nutella (way bigger jars for much less money)
  • Aidell's all-natural chicken apple sausage (much cheaper than grocery store)
  • Dietz & Watson all-natural turkey and ham lunch meat (2 pounds at a time, freeze half, cheaper than grocery store)
  • Kirkland brand of yummy goat cheese--having that on hand makes me way more likely to eat greens and salads
  • Big box of Earthbound Farms organic salad greens (cheaper than grocery store)
  • Huge wedge of Finlandia Swiss (cheaper than grocery store)
  • Olive oils, balsamic vinegar, sea salt, bourbon vanilla
  • Big bags of raw almonds and pecans (not sure if they're cheaper, but the quality is excellent)
  • Avocadoes (bag of 5 for $8--not sure how the price compares, but again, great quality)
  • Coleman organic chicken breast and boneless, skinless chicken thighs in individual vacuum-sealed packs, great for buying in bulk but only having to thaw in small packs
  • Coleman whole organic chickens (good price, good quality)
  • Mango salsa (not organic or natural, but to die for!)
  • Newman's Own K-cups for Keurig coffeemaker (34 cents a K-cup, best deal I've found)
  • Sometimes clothing, books, etc. as needed and when the deal is right
  • Sometimes toys around the holidays (they had a huge Playmobil set last year that I'm kicking myself for not buying)
  • Sometimes appliances/electronics when the deal is right--bought the Keurig there last year for DH and it was the best deal going. I also bought my Roomba from Costco online--again, best deal going.
  • Canon printer ink (best deal unless I have Office Depot rewards handy)
  • Kirkland brand meds--ibuprofen, ranitidine, gummy vitamins. I normally avoid generics, but these work just fine for me.
  • Natural laundry detergent--this is cheap compared to other stores, but I'm still going to try making my own...eventually!
  • Whole grain all-natural bread--we don't eat much bread, so it's just easier to buy than to bake.
  • Pacific organic chicken broth--waaaay cheaper than stores. I try to make my own, but I keep the boxes hfor those times when I get caught without homemade (or forgot to thaw it!).

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. There's definitely more. I don't buy eggs or milk there, because I prefer eggs from our local farms and organic milk (theirs comes from a supplier who doesn't have a good rep), but that's just me being picky.

Also, if it matters to you, Costco has a very good reputation for how it runs its business and treats its employees--and its customers. It has a no-hassle return policy that I like very much.

I say shop around and price-compare. See if it's worth it to you to go there. For me it is, because many of the things I buy, I'd have to trek to Whole Foods to get at a decent price. Organic and natural foods tend to be very pricy in the regular grocery stores here, so I'm glad to have found so many options at Costco.

I go between the regular Costco and the business center. We buy milk and cheese, fresh produce, toilet paper, laundry soap, dish soap, dishwasher tablets, eggs, canned tomato products, baking soda, bread, rice, flour, sugar, tooth brush heads for our Sonicare toothbrushes, batteries, blanket sleepers, swim suits, holiday dresses, costumes... Oh boy, tons of stuff. Dh's boss (owner of the company) pays for our membership and it is he one where we get a rebate once a year. We are paid to shop, lol!

Here's what I can think of off the top of my head:

• baking soda & vinegar (my go-to cleaning products)
  • ground flax (it's a lot, but I keep it in my freezer, and I've never had it go rancid)
  • canned tomatoes--if you make a huge batch of tomato soup or tomato sauce, the huge cans are a very good deal
  • uncooked flour tortillas (so much better than regular ones)
  • gourmet cheese (selection varies)
  • Garafolo pasta--I will be so sad if they stop carrying this Italian brand. The per package price is pretty good compared to cheaper brands and even better once you factor in that you get about 50 grams more per package (each package is 1 kg/500 g as opposed to 1 lb/~450 g). I love the texture of this pasta and would gladly pay twice as much for it.
  • frozen wild blueberries and organic raspberries for smoothies
  • pickled herring
  • beef jerky--DH goes through a ton of it.

I buy household stuff:

batteries

girls' Speedo swim suits

K Bell socks

Kleenex

Laundry detergent

Dishwasher detergent

Palmolive

Ziploc bags

contact lens solution

contact lenses

various vitamins & supplements

lotion

and groceries:

Tillamook cheese

goat cheese logs

sliced roast beef

sliced turkey breast

romaine lettuce

organic apples

melons

quinoa

pure maple syrup

rice crackers

organic eggs

avocados

berries

pomegranates (coming soon! yum!)

artichokes

pineapple

feta cheese

oranges

almond butter

wild salmon (in season)

meats - esp beef tenderloin, baby back ribs and some steaks

cheese - DH loves Dubliner!

produce - we split with my mom to make the quantity managable

toothpaste & brushes (w/coupons always)

lotion

frozen chx breasts

cereal

chocolate chips

tires for both our vehicles

occasionally, clothes

rarely, household items like a small appliance

• Dietz & Watson all-natural turkey and ham lunch

OT, but when you defrost it, I assume you use it for sandwiches? How does the texture change (if at all)?

As for the products we buy at Costco that I consider great deals (cheaper than anywhere else and/or of very high quality for a reasonable price):

-tortilla chips

-granola bars

-dried fruit (raisins, Craisins etc)

-organic peanut butter

-Maranatha almond butter

-organic whole wheat bread

-organic ground beef

-frozen wild blueberries

-deli meat

-string cheese

-Dubliner cheese, Cabot cheese slices

-spices

-Costco brand extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar

-baking soda, vinegar

-bulk raw nuts

-razor blades, shampoo, vitamins

We buy (not all at once)

Bread (the S.Rosen's bread has some options without dairy, since dairy free bread tends to be hard to find and expensive it is a great deal for me :))

Cheese

Lunchmeat

eggs

Chicken breast (10 lbs for $20)

91% hamburger meat, about $13 for 5 lbs

Baking Soda

Vinegar

bacon

Pacific organic beef broth (That is an awesome deal! That broth can be pricey in the stores)

Red bell peppers 6 pack for 5.99 it isn't bad and I always use them all

English cucumbers

baby greens or spinach

grapes

strawberries, depending on how they look

frozen berries

big bags of red onions, I always use them all

red potatoes, I have had mixed experiences with the quality of the potatoes

dishwasher detergent

pasta

rice

beans

olive oil

flour

celery

carrots

Huge thing of ibuprophen :lol:

They have laughing cow cheese for a good price

Salmon

Nuts

Big bags of frozen veggies, I use them in soup. My family loves corn chowder I make with frozen corn.

We do not buy many prepared foods but we really like their salsa. It has a lot of cilantro in it which we like and their tabbouleh is yum. I buy a rotisserie chicken now and then when I am running behind. My kids like their pizza.

Yeah, one generally has to buy large quantities but as long as you are careful there isn't really a lot of waste. I use everything I buy and I only have two kids. :) I cook with a LOT of veggies and we use them for snacks, my kids are hummus maniacs, which helps.

The coupons they put out have decent deals. This month there are several vitamin coupons I am planning on using.

Edited by Sis

I really like Costco. I probably go once every 3 weeks or so.

I buy...

-whole grain bread (Kirkland brand)

-sometimes wine

-sometimes bagels (dh likes Asiago, the kids like sesame seed)

-Tillamook sliced cheese

-sometimes other sliced sandwich cheeses, like Muenster

-bag of avocados

-fresh pineapple

-huge box of organic spinach

-berries (especially raspberries are often a great deal and great quality)

-bananas

-toilet paper (Kirland brand)

-coffee

-organic butter (it's not my favorite organic butter, but it is good and it is waaaay cheaper than my favorite)

-sometimes frozen chicken dumplings

-sometimes organic chicken, but i can get local, organic chicken for the same price, so i prefer that

-Nutella

-Vinegar

-Olive Oil

-Sea salt and spices, vanilla

-clothes for the kids, sometimes for me and dh too

-shampoo and conditioner

-almost forgot, puppy food! it is supposedly very good quality. my cats don't like their cat food though.

Costco could never be my only grocery store, but I really do buy a lot there. Next year, we really need to get the membership where you get money back at the end of the year.

-Organic salad greens (I moved recently and my new local store always has the temp too low and the greens get mushy on the bottom. Before our move we always, always loved the salad greens from our old store)

-Kerrygold cheddar, Tillamook cheddar (my new store doesn't carry it)

-Coleman meatballs, bacon, hotdogs (when they have them-these are all seasonal and come in/out). Coleman organic chicken breast and thighs

-Hanna Andersson leggings, dresses, zippers for far less than the catalog

-coffee

-contact solution (way cheaper for me) in Kirkland brand

-Contacts from the optical dept (savings over Walmart basically pays for my membership)

-boneless leg of lamb cheap. I didn't think I liked lamb but we love this.

-organic ground beef in a pinch (I have better sources but the convenience wins me over sometimes. 4 or 5 per pound in a 3 lb pack)

-clementines, sometimes our store has organic apples. Cheap bananas, and yes to the pomegranates another poster mentioned (yummo). -Avocados.

-Marcona almonds

-grain free dog food

-eco friendly dish soap in a huuuuuge container for the price

-trashbags (Kirkland)

-boursin cheese and laughing cow cheese are far less expensive than my local grocery stores. Substantially less. I buy the goat cheese for salads sometimes.

-Frozen pizzas for the kids (Kirkland brand)

-Rotisserie chicken plus a salad is our cheap dinner alternative to going out on days when the day just didn't go well. $10 for dinner is better than $30-40 that we weren't planning on spending

-Prescription meds

-vinegar and baking soda (for cleaning)

-dips for parties-spinach artichoke, etc. Most of them are great.

-organic green beans (not imported from China. Sometimes their frozen organic veggies are imported from China, so read labels)

-birthday cake. Way too sweet for my personal taste but my kids really like them. A huge cake is about $18.

-we aren't big tech/electronics people but we often buy from Costco because of their great return policy, the fact that they offer additional (free) extension on the manufacturer's warranty, etc.

-sometimes the sets of greeting cards. IMO they are very nice for the price.

-wrapping paper is fantastic. Very, very heavy duty and excellent quality.

-Toys at Christmas time. We don't buy a lot, but we've gotten some great deals. We purchased a train table one year that included a train set and the two trundles for the same price that the table itself (same brand) was selling for everywhere else. Playmobil, Lego, K'nex, Plasma cars, Erector sets, etc. are all things I've seen offered over the holiday season. Most of the year they don't really carry toys.

A fantastic return policy that can't be beat.

Edited by Momof3littles

For me its a combination of quality and price.

Regularly we get:

Cheese

butter

milk

sour cream

most of our meat/poultry/fish

quinoa

maple syrup (a steal compared to the grocery store)

almond butter (also a steal)

peanut butter

bread (the brand we buy is much cheaper there)

oats

cream cheese

lunch meat

hummus

frozen fruit

canned fruit and veggies

some cleaning supplies

and whatever samples I fell in love with that trip...lol.

gas -- at least 10 cents cheaper a gallon

eye exams and glasses

prescriptions

kirkland multivitamins and generic calcium supplements doctor has prescribed me

canned tomatoes

canned tomato paste

olive oil

pesto

sugar, white, brown, confectioners

vanilla (large bottles of the real stuff)

frozen vegetables

eggs, milk, butter

fresh fruit

toilet paper (I take comfort in knowing I have 48 rolls)

paper towels

laundry detergent

swim goggles

I often get the kirkland brand if there is one and have not noticed a difference between kirkland and name brands.

I did the math a few years ago, and found that our Costco membership pays for itself even if I buy nothing but dog food and kitty litter. If you have pets, their prices are worth checking out, they beat the pants off everywhere else in our area.

That said, for meat, I have always found better prices buying from local stores on sale, although I know that can vary from area to area. You really have to do the math based on what prices are where you are.

One other thing to consider, in winter, when produce selection at local stores tends to be poor, our Costco usually has similar prices to the local stores, but considerably better quality.

Their produce is always excellent.

We love the Kirkland free and clear laundry detergent

oxyclean

Orowheat bread, better prices and bigger loafs

Meat also excellent quality

60 eggs instead of cartons of 18.

gas

evaporated cane sugar

seasonings

Marie Calendar corn bread mix (seasonal)

cheese

Toilet paper

disposable hot cups and lids (I hate carrying around an empty travel mug after I finish my tea)

They have awesome prices on books and movies

Ticonderoga pencils

hearts of Romaine lettuce same price for 6 heads as I can get for 2-3 heads at Walmart.

I love the organic spring mix

High Mountain Plain Yogurt (this is thick and creamy like greek yogurt but CHEAP. pour the whey off from time to time and mix it with your own sweetener and fruit.)

Strawberries

Frozen Strawberries

Parmesan Regiano Block cheese. This has crunchy salty bits and is the BEST cheese!

Kirkland Toilet Paper

Ecos Laundry

I try not to buy too much b/c it can add up fast! Making a note for eggs & Ticoderoga Pencils

We have a Sam's Club membership, which is like Costco. I do comparison shop by unit prices, and this is what we buy at Sam's:

Batteries

Laundry Detergent

Dishwashing Detergent

Chocolate Chips

Walnuts

Pecans

Brown Sugar

Baking Powder

Cinnamon

Garlic (chopped)

Mayonnaise

Parmesan Cheese

Bacon

Hot Dogs

Breaded Chicken Breasts/Tenders

Medium Peeled Tail-less Shrimp

Texas Toast

Tortillas

Butter

Whipped Cream

Orange Juice

Fresh Meats: ground beef, pork tenderloin, pork ribs

Some of these items I break up into smaller packages and freeze.

And if we are having a large party I'll buy paper plates/cups there.

Hamburger

Frozen chicken breasts

cheese (5 lb., shredded)

hotdogs

fruit

allergy medicine (generic zyrtec)

paper towels

toilet paper

pledge (only when they have a coupon)

bisquik

chicken stock

macaroni and cheese

These are the staples we get often at Costco. I do comparison shop. I do use coupons and price matching. However, I do not live in an area where double coupons are accepted and we don't have fabulous store deals.

The above are ALWAYS cheaper, even with coupons.

I think you'll like your Costco membership.

Have fun!

I cook from scratch which means stocking my pantry, so for me Costco does save me money on things that we use a lot of or that can be stored long term. I am on a super tight budget so I go with a specific list and ONLY buy those things. Our nearest Costcos are both 50 minutes away, so we only go once a month.

The things I usually buy there are:

toilet paper, frozen orange juice, cheese, cheese sticks, butter, flour, sugar, baking soda, vanilla, hot chocolate, pancake syrup, vinegar, mayo, ketchup, Dave's Killer Bread and jasmine rice.

Few more things..not any of it food

I just bought new picture frames for family photos. ( 2 sons got married last year and it was time to redo the family photo wall.)

19.99 for large 14x whatever frames, but they included 100 free photos. That is a 13.00 value which makes the picture frames about 3.50 each..

Vacumn cleaner

golf gloves

pj;'s, slippers and robes at crhistmas time.

DH loves their white work socks and my kiddoes love the athletic socks.

Kirkland dress shirts

Kirkland men's white undershirts

Tool kits

Christmas time we shop for toys and wrapping paper. Those rolls seem expensive but they last for years!

Every time I have checked out a toy elsewhere, it's a better deal at Costco.

We love Costco and start our shopping there on Saturdays. DH loves to go with me and try the food samples!

Edited by KatieinMich

I buy almost anything I can at Costco. I don't coupon, have no interest in couponing. To me the convenience of being able to buy items in bulk is worth it. So I've never really done a lot of comparing prices. And I agree that the quality there is really good. The fruit and veggies are fresh, the kids clothes are good brands like Levi and Oshkosh and Carters that hold up really well.

If we're going to make a large purchase, we always check with Costco to see if they carry it first. For one, again, they usually carry really quality products. For another, they guarantee things like crazy and their customer service is awesome.

We have the Costco AmEx card and I always spend enough that the rewards pay for my next year's membership with a fair amount leftover. In addition to grocery and household items, we buy tires, electronics, furniture (we just bought a really nice hard wood set for our office--desk, file cabinet and bookcase--for about $700), school supplies, etc etc etc. We bought a digital piano at Costco last year.

Plus, where else can my family of five have dinner AND dessert for less than $10? :D

Things we buy on a normal basis-

protein bars

veggie Chips

gourmet Crackers

whole Grain Tortilla Chips

cereal (sometimes)

dried fruit

quinoa

wild rice

spices

cottage cheese

eggs

ravioli

sweet potato fries

frozen fruit

garbage bags

detergent

paper towels and toilet paper

salsa

produce-looooove it!!

We also get prescriptions there and various seasonal items. I used to coupon but it was all for junky type foods. Now I split the majority of my budget between Costco and Aldi. Sometimes I'll buy meat somewhere else.

Kirkland Signature Milk Chocolate Enrobed Salted Caramel Macadamia Clusters!

!B90IHtQ!2k~$(KGrHqV,!hkEzeweHy6yBM64(M7ii!~~_1.JPG?set_id=8800005007

:D

:lol: I'm hooked on their chocolate covered almond toffee! It's actually not allowed in the house anymore, because I'll just sit there with the stinkin' jar and keep eating :blush: That stuff is addictive!

OT, but when you defrost it, I assume you use it for sandwiches? How does the texture change (if at all)?

The meat lets off some of its liquid, so I drain that out, and I've noticed that the slices are a little more prone to coming apart easily if not handled carefully. Other than that, the taste and texture are totally fine, and I freeze the packages all the time. It's convenient, actually, to always have them on hand. I love always having some protein to throw in my salads! Both the ham and the turkey go beautifully with those big triangles of Finlandia Swiss. I swear that is my favorite cheese on the planet.

Some things we buy especially when they have coupons:

Chocolate chips

vanilla

baking powder

yeast

olive oil

Ranch dressing(it comes without MSG)

Frozen Chicken

Baked goods sometimes(they have delicious and huge things in the bakery)

Fruit sometimes

100% juice pouches for the kids for trips or sports

Simply go-gurt

Jerky(they have an all natural type)

Children's Vitamins

DVD's occasionally

Electronics occasionally

Children's clothing(they had a great deal on speedo swimsuits)

I bought my kids speedo goggles there also

Toys rarely, possibly for Christmas

Christmas items

Coffee

Milk sometimes

Frozen veggies (they have organic or natural ones for a great deal)

Diapers if they have a coupon

Granola

Agave

Frozen French Fries

Lunch meat(made without nitrates/nitrites)

Otter pops made with 100% juice

Random snacks occasionally

Prepackaged meals when they are on sale and I have extra money.

As well as any other random thing I find a good deal on.

I bought a rice cooker/slow cooker there that is awesome!

The thing I like the most about Costco is that they carry more natural products and many of them can not be found elsewhere. It is as if they are made especially for them.

I'm sure this has been covered, but some things are just a fantastic price at Costco. It frustrates me when I run out of stuff and find that the grocery store price for a small container is nearly as much as the bulk price at Costco. I'm trying to think of examples...for sure yeast, BBQ sauce, sausage, bacon...there are more.

Lots of fruit. Cheese. Items from the frozen food section. Their already roasted whole chickens are awesome. Snack food... pretty much anything that strikes my fancy when I'm walking through the aisles.

Never go hungry... you'll end up with about $100 more dollars worth of items in your basket than you intended.

I've found

cheese

butter

milk

bacon

organic peanut butter

vanilla

rice

tuna

dish soap

laundry soap

Oxy clean

are always cheaper at Costco.

If I buy a large quantity of meat (case at a time), the meat is about the same price my local stores mark it down to for a sale.

And our membership is a Christmas gift each year as well. One of the best gifts ever!

On a previous thread about Costco, someone mentioned the generic Claritin (365 pills for about $13 :w00t: ). Thanks!

We also buy:

Mexican Coke made with real sugar in glass bottles ($0.70 a bottle versus at least $1.29 at the grocery store)

Cheese sticks (48 for about $9)

plain Cheerios ($5.46 for a box twice the size of the largest box at the grocery store)

Nesquik powder (about $6.50 for a container more than twice the size of the largest grocery store package)

Kids clothing

my Cuisinart toaster oven, $20 cheaper than amazon at Costco online and $40 cheaper at the warehouse

Furniture is really, really nice, although so far we haven't purchased any

OTC medicine and vitamins

Disposable plates, bowls, cups, silverware, etc.

I'll admit to skimming, but I didn't see anyone mention GAS! Gas savings alone should pay for your membership.

If it's not normal for a Costco have a gas station attached, I apologize for rubbing it in.

It is normal for Costco to have a gas station attached. Unfortunately, the only Costco reasonable for us to go to does not :( I miss that greatly. I originally got my Costco membership muchly for the gas savings!

I'll admit to skimming, but I didn't see anyone mention GAS! Gas savings alone should pay for your membership.

If it's not normal for a Costco have a gas station attached, I apologize for rubbing it in.

I haven't noticed them being THAT much cheaper than the other gas stations around here, our gas market is pretty competitive.

In addition to what everyone said, I buy rice milk for dd. It's $2.60 per half gallon vs. $5.60 per half gallon at our local store. Just hearing about what everyone gets there makes me want to go by myself sometime and actually have time to look without the kids pulling at me to find the next free sample.

Beth