Menu

My daughter, Stacey, lost this baby -- she just called me

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all so very much! Your thoughts and prayers are so very much appreciated.

I am still just stunned -- I want to smack myself out of that stunned state, but I just cannot fathom how Stacey is going to get through this. Right now, my plans are to go up there on Sunday and spend the week.

Thank you all again. :grouphug:

I'm so sorry. Please have her ask her OB about genetic testing on the baby. (I hope this doesn't sound insensitive, I don't mean for it to be, but I'm sure she wants answers as to why this is happening, and this is how you get them.) She needs to request it before she delivers. They will check the baby and many times they can figure out what the problem is. Once is random....twice is not. She should also check with her insurance company. Often it's not covered :glare:, but it is very worth it.

Many prayers and :grouphug: for your entire family.

:grouphug:

Along with what DianeW said, I hope her doctor will also help her discover the cause. I had a friend go through multiple miscarriages and they finally figured out what was wrong. Thankfully, they have two healthy children, but it was after many heartbreaking losses.

Thank you all again -- the women on this board are without a doubt the kindest anywhere!

Stacey thanks you all as well for your kind thoughts, words and prayers and offers to speak with her- I just hung up the phone with her. She is going to take a sleeping pill and try to sleep. She is 'such' the scientist (high school physics teacher) -- she is devastated and heartbroken (that goes without saying) but she also said that this is not random and now she and her doctors are going to find out what is going on. I am relieved to hear that from her -- b/c honestly, I am still sitting here stunned and clueless.

Blessings to all of you --:grouphug:

Thank you all again -- the women on this board are without a doubt the kindest anywhere!

Stacey thanks you all as well for your kind thoughts, words and prayers and offers to speak with her- I just hung up the phone with her. She is going to take a sleeping pill and try to sleep. She is 'such' the scientist (high school physics teacher) -- she is devastated and heartbroken (that goes without saying) but she also said that this is not random and now she and her doctors are going to find out what is going on. I am relieved to hear that from her -- b/c honestly, I am still sitting here stunned and clueless.

Blessings to all of you --:grouphug:

Does Stacey have Lyme?? Lyme disease can pass through the placenta to a baby. Again, I am so sorry.

Faithe

Does Stacey have Lyme?? Lyme disease can pass through the placenta to a baby. Again, I am so sorry.

Faithe

Hi, Faithe -- No -- Stacey's younger sister is the one with Lyme disease. But, our family is a walking advertisement for immune disorders -- :glare: -- which is what I think is going on here.

One other thing, though, three weeks ago, the doctor was a little concerned about the placement of the placenta, but then determined that it was fine. Now, though, in hindsight, one has to wonder if that could have been the cause of this. I've been googling, and placenta insufficiency (due to placement) can cause IUFD.

And, thank you sweetie. :grouphug:

:grouphug: My internet has been down all day and I just saw this. How horrible. That is just not fair. I will be praying for you all.

Horrible news! You and Stacey are in my prayers and thoughts. Sending peace your way.

:grouphug:s and prayers to Stacey and your family. Praying for extra strength for you as you help her.

I am so sorry. :grouphug:

I'm very sorry. :grouphug:

How awful. I cannot even imagine. :grouphug: and prayers

I am so sorry Mariann. I'm praying for Stacey and the whole family. :grouphug:

I will be praying for you guys

I'm so very' date=' very sorry, Mariann .[/quote']

I am so, so sorry. Praying for all of you.

Hopefully the doctors can figure out what's causing this.

Mariann, I am so very sorry for your loss. I will pray for your daughter, Stacey and the rest of your family. {{{Hugs}}}

Oh, Mariann. I am so sorry.

Hugs and prayers to you, Stacey and the rest of your family.

Oh Mariann. I don't know what to say. I am just so sorry.

Thank you all so very much! Heavens, you all are such an incredible support in my life. Thank you! :grouphug:

Mariann, my neighbor lost two babies second trimester before going on to have a live preemie. She was born at 27 weeks but is now strong and healthy. I can't remember what was happening, but they were able to pinpoint it. She has since moved so I can't ask her! I hope your daughter's daughters figure out what is going on if she decides ever to try again. I can't imagine how she must feel.

:grouphug: