Menu

Wanna see my new ink?

So I have had this tattoo for about 3 years:

post-1032-1353508458863_thumb.jpg

Last night I went and finally had phase 2 done:

post-1032-13535084589067_thumb.jpg

I have to go back one more time, in about a month, for him to finish the flowers, touch up everything and blend the colors so that it looks like one piece instead of an add-on. It has a very special meaning to me. I really love it!

post-1032-1353508458863_thumb.jpg

post-1032-13535084589067_thumb.jpg

Go for it, justamouse! I will admit this one hurt like heck. The original one wasn't as bad, but I think I had more padding on my back then, lol. And I have one on my inner wrist that was a breeze. But the shading on that tree hurt really bad. I only said one curse word, so I guess that's good. :D

Edited by Nakia

Beautiful!

Thanks!

Very cool! Care to share what it means?

On a side note what kind of girl are you? ;)Tattoos and snakes too! :tongue_smilie:;) I would have never guessed. :tongue_smilie:

I'm just full of surprise, huh? Gotta keep you girls on your toes!

The little birds represent my little girls. The egg represents our baby we lost. And the magnolia tree symbolizes strength and loyalty. :)

Love, love, love! You are so kewl, Nakia. :)

Aw, shucks. Thanks. :lol:

Beautiful!!!!

I'm pondering my next tattoo......I want something more pretty the next time. My first, while deeply symbolic, is also very simplistic. I'd like something a bit more intricate next time.

Thinking of placement and design....I know what I want to symbolize, just not sure how/with what, LOL!

Yours is gorgeous!!!

:svengo:

:lol:

Nakia, it's beautiful! I love the meaning behind it, too. You're a better woman than I am in so very many ways. I'm too much of a wimp to get a tattoo.

And the snakes. I told you my pet rules on FB: no reptiles, rodents or birds in the house, but I might be persuaded to consider a small lizard at some point. I think Schmooey will want one at some point.

Really, though, fish are very nice. And cats. Snakes? :willy_nilly:

Love the meaning behind it all!! It's beautiful...I would love to get one but I always think the picture would change as I age. If I had a tree like that...it might become a "weeping willow" over the years...:lol:

Thanks!

I'm just full of surprise, huh? Gotta keep you girls on your toes!

The little birds represent my little girls. The egg represents our baby we lost. And the magnolia tree symbolizes strength and loyalty. :)

Aw, shucks. Thanks. :lol:

Thanks everyone!!

Beautiful!

Beautiful!!!!

I'm pondering my next tattoo......I want something more pretty the next time. My first, while deeply symbolic, is also very simplistic. I'd like something a bit more intricate next time.

Thinking of placement and design....I know what I want to symbolize, just not sure how/with what, LOL!

Yours is gorgeous!!!

Beautiful. We had magnolia tress in our old yard, they were just gorgeous.

Love it! I've been contemplating a new tattoo for years now. I haven't decided on anything yet. Yours is just beautiful!

It's beautiful!

That is beautiful and I have to admit you are full of surprises. Me, not so much. I did all my crazy things when I was young and the only lasting marks are the rather large holes in my brain.

I was boring when I was young. I'm finally getting feisty as I get older. :D I'm getting something incredibly funky done to my hair next week. Between that, the nose ring, and the tattoos, I am a wild woman! :lol::lol::lol: I actually think I am just getting more comfortable with who I am and what I want. I kinda like me finally.

That was very well done and incredibly beautiful! :001_wub:

:thumbup1:

Nakia, it's beautiful! I love the meaning behind it, too. You're a better woman than I am in so very many ways. I'm too much of a wimp to get a tattoo.

And the snakes. I told you my pet rules on FB: no reptiles, rodents or birds in the house, but I might be persuaded to consider a small lizard at some point. I think Schmooey will want one at some point.

Really, though, fish are very nice. And cats. Snakes? :willy_nilly:

The snake is the best and easiest pet we have ever owned. He is a nice boy.

That is awesome!! I am pondering my next tattoo as well!

It is beautiful!

Love the meaning behind it all!! It's beautiful...I would love to get one but I always think the picture would change as I age. If I had a tree like that...it might become a "weeping willow" over the years...:lol:

See, that's why I go it on my upper back. Maybe that won't sag too much. And really, by the time it does, I won't care!

I am not a tat person. I have no desire to have one, nor do I really like them on other people. But that which you have is beautiful. I love the symbolism. I'd love to see it once it is finished.

I will post a pic!

Thanks! :D

very nice Nakia! i've got a hankering for some new ink myself...

LOL! I always seem to have a hankering for new ink!

That is beautiful!

It is beautiful!

That's so gorgeous!!!!

Can I ask how expensive a big colorful custom tat like that is? I have always been so curious but don't know anyone IRL I could ask about one that big.

So, so beautiful!

I can't remember what the original piece cost or what my small wrist tattoo cost. I actually did some commercial photography work for the tattoo studio, so I didn't have to pay for this newest addition or what we have left to do. We are bartering. Love that!

Just be very careful of going to "cheap" artists. You definitely get what you pay for. Research research research!!!

:thumbup:

Cool, but you don't get to see it. You need it framed somewhere.

LOL, good idea!

Love it. Very pretty and well done. Makes me almost sort of, kind of, possibly consider maybe someday getting one. :D

Start small. That way you know what you're getting into with these bigger pieces.

Gorgeous!

Thanks!

That is beautiful!

I love the colors and the design is so pretty!! I cannot wait to see it when it is finished. :)

I will definitely post a picture! Thanks!

Awesome! Very, very cool.......did you design it yourself? You rock it, Nakia! :001_smile:

astrid

I didn't design it. The original was a collaboration between the artist and me. He free-handed the latest addition. :D

Lovely

Thanks!

Nakia, that's beautiful! I'm not brave enough to get any ink but yours is really gorgeous.

I'm not that brave either, lol.

Absolutely beautiful, Nakia. It's a beautiful piece. I remember when you posted the first portion. It looked great then. The addition gives it much more depth. I look forward to seeing a picture when you finish getting the colors blended etc. Happy itching! :)

OMG! I so dread the itching!!!!

So I have had this tattoo for about 3 years:

[ATTACH]4671[/ATTACH]

Last night I went and finally had phase 2 done:

[ATTACH]4672[/ATTACH]

I have to go back one more time, in about a month, for him to finish the flowers, touch up everything and blend the colors so that it looks like one piece instead of an add-on. It has a very special meaning to me. I really love it!

That is absolutely gorgeous...and very feminine. I have birdies on me too!

Faithe