Menu

Do you live where you were born?

Do you live were you were born?  

1. 1. Do you live were you were born?

• Yes
    • No
    • I can't imagine an other since it is pretty straightforward, but... Please explain

I live on the other side of the country and have since I was 18.

DH however....the house he grew up in is about 2 kms away. We have brought up our kids in the same area- which is a beautiful, riverside suburb, so I am not complaining. Hes not even close to his family and they dont live very close except his mother who is 15 mins away but we dont see her very often. It's just a nice area.

Ideally I would love to go back and live on the east coast (nearer family and many friedns) but since we have brought up our kids here and they might well hang around since they have so many friends here...I would rather stay near them. And I doubt dh is up to moving either.

Nope, military brat here. I was born in Fresno, CA. I currently live in middle TN. I have lived here longer (both more than twice as much) than I have ever lived anywhere in my entire life. Still this is not home. It is always so hard to answer that question. I always get that deer in the headlights look as do my children. I consider TX my home as that is where my family is from but I am hoping to settle in GA some day as that is where most of my children live and where my maternal grandparents are from. My hubby's children also live there and my brother has agreed to move there should we go but I can't get my hubby to commit to that so it looks like, "Long live the Lone Star state!" My hubby's family also lives there, as does my brother and my oldest two's father and it is where my 1st SIL originally lived so I guess it wouldn't be too bad either. I am hoping that we all gravitate to the same area though.

I not only live in the same town, I live across the street from the hospital where I was born. My mom, my sister and all my kids were born there as well. It is maybe 200 yards from my house.

I bet I live closer to where I was born than anyone else! I checked google maps and it says I live 0.1 miles away, and that is if you take the streets instead of cutting through the neighbor's yard.

Edited by Old Dominion Heather

I skewed your poll and voted other. :D I moved back to the town of my birth about ten years ago. We lived there for five years. I claimed it as my hometown and people would get confused when they wanted to talk about where I went to high school.

It would be you, wouldn't it. :lol::lol:

I not only live in the same town, I live across the street from the hospital where I was born. My mom, my sister and all my kids were born there as well. It is maybe 200 yards from my house.

I bet I live closer to where I was born than anyone else! I checked google maps and it says I live 0.1 miles away, and that is if you take the streets instead of cutting through the neighbor's yard.

you beat me! I live .6 from the hosp I was born in.

I do. My son's first name is my grandmother's maiden name and the family name of one of the prominent founding families of our town. The land grant that was about half of the original township, including Main Street was to my several greats-grandfather. My mom's family moved here in the 40's. Our family has been here a while and growing up it seemed like we were related to hlaf the town, but my immediate family and one cousin (+ wife) are the only ones that still lives here. My parents live one town over and the rest have either moved or passed away.

I did move away for a time when I first graduated from college, but always knew I would come home.

No.

But I always wonder what is meant when people say "the town in which you were born". The hospital's town? The house I was brought to from the hospital? The town I lived in from 10 months to age 23? They're all different places, and I consider the third one to be my hometown.

I won't consider moving back b/c they don't allow chickens and, dang it, I'm going to have chickens one day!

No, I was born about 500 mi. north of here, but I live in the same town my parents moved us to when I was not quite 6. I still think of Fairbanks as my hometown even though i grew up here. Quite a few of my family members still live there. Both sets of grandparents moved their families to Fairbanks in the fifties, before statehood. If all goes well we will be moving next year.:auto:

Edited by akmommy

Not quite. My dh was born in this house, in the same room that is now our bedroom. He's lived here all of his life except for the first 2 years we were married.

you beat me! I live .6 from the hosp I was born in.

I live 2 miles from the hospital where I was born and I have been an employee of that hospital for 8 years now. My girls think that is funny.

Not quite. My dh was born in this house, in the same room that is now our bedroom. He's lived here all of his life except for the first 2 years we were married.

I'm between the first three quotes and the last. ;) I live 5.1 miles from the actual hospital of my birth (and where 2 of my children were born), but I live in the same house that my parents brought me home to when I was born. (That sounds like a messy sentence, but I'm not going to fix it!) I love this town (have lived here for all but about 8 years between college and the first couple years dh and I lived together) and absolutely love raising my kids in the same house where I grew up - there's even some of the same neighbors that were here when I was little.

I was an other vote.

I was born in a city in SC, but I was adopted at just a few weeks of age and moved to a different city to live with the my parents. If I had been delivered by my mother, I would be able to vote yes, as I currently live in the second city where I was raised.

(Sorry about the complication to your poll!)