Menu

My Mom passed away today

This is a very sad day. The good part is that Mom is no longer suffering and she was ready to meet her Savior, Jesus.

Mom's death was not unexpected but it is so very hard. We spent the last couple days with mom - a very sad visit. When we arrived home tonight, there was a message to phone the nursing home. I have sensed for awhile that Mom's time was winding down, but this past Sunday, I absolutely knew it was very short.

Funeral plans are on-hold given the holiday (per the funeral director but I *think* this will be *good* in the end . . .), weather/traveling conditions, and medical scheduling for ds' chemo.

I will miss Mom tremendously. I already do. Mom left me a short note - just one sentence - so like her - and the tears started all over again.

So sorry for your loss. I know it cuts deep. Both of my parents have passed away, so I empathize with you.

I am relieved with you that her physical suffering is over and I celebrate with you (& her) that she is now with her Savior.

Sending prayers for comfort to be palpable when you need it in the coming minutes, hours, days, weeks, months...

T

I will miss Mom tremendously. I already do. Mom left me a short note - just one sentence - so like her - and the tears started all over again.

:grouphug: I see the sorrow at death as the flip side of the coin of our love for a person, and have learned to cherish that coin, which ever side I am viewing.