Menu

Should we announce "years" and pat ourselves on the back?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Going into the 22nd year here!

Congrats Margaret!

LOL, this will be me some day. I can just see it.

WTM boards: 2025

Me: 31 years and only 2 years left.

By then I'll probably be helping to homeschool my grandkids, A la Jessie Wise.

Barb

Ok ... I'm a complete newbie here ... officially starting our 1st! preK here we come. However, I've known since the day my dd was born that I was going to homeschool, so I've been preparing all along! Now only have one week left until we officially start! So looking forwar to the journey! :)

I know it's probably in your signature, but so what? Let's celebrate our homeschooling journeys as we gear up for another one!

What year of homeschooling will you be starting this fall (or already)?

This will be my 9.5th year of homeschooling!

That is so cool and makes me feel so good about what I've done. I can still remember my first day of honeschooling.

How about you?

6 years actively homescholing here! (Academics)

We decided when oldest dd was 18 months old that we'd be homeschooling.

This will be our 8th year! I can't believe it. I'm glad someone started this thread, otherwise I wouldn't have realized just how long I'd been at this! I guess that's if you only count actual "school-age" years. Personally, I've been homeschooling since birth, so technically I'm about to start my 15th year as my oldest will be 15 on the 4th of August!!!

Total = 14 years

Homeschooling full time --- 10 years --- starting year 11

We afterschooled for 3 years before that (when the PS told us my DS#1 would never, ever read and it was OK. Well, I took things into my own hands and got that first grader reading at a 4th grade level. HUMPHHHHH)

Carole ---

We'll be starting our 12th year next month! I absolutely love my kids, so have felt soooo blessed to have the opportunity to homeschool!

I start counting in K, when my kids would've gone out to school. Anything before that I just consider Parenting, as opposed to homeschooling, even though we did a lot of fun stuff. But many parents do that. Anyway, our oldest went to K and 1st grades, but the other two have always been homeschooled---until this coming year.

I am impressed with how long many of you have homeschooled! I think it's GREAT! :001_smile::hurray:

although I've lost some students along the way. I started with one in kindergarten while the other two tagged along, and this coming year I will only be teaching one, because my oldest has gone to school since 7th grade, and my middle child will be going to school (9th) for the first time. I will only have one 6th grader this year, but will be doing science with 4 of my friend's kids on Fridays. I'm really looking forward to it!