Menu

She's Here!

Madelynn Adele was born at 8:57pm. She was 8lbs 13oz and 19 inches long. Her head was 14cm. She has dark hair; my first with dark hair. Cute thing...one brow looks blond though.

We ended up turning the pitocin up to 12. The dr. broke the water at about 8 pm and, although there was almost no fluid to leak, the contractions hit hard after that. With no pain relief, I ended up screaming and yelling her into this world. My 2yo slept through it. My 7yo yar old was ok but crying and feeling sick. We explained it was the emotion. My 9 yo hid in a nook that we dubbed the cave, in tears like last time. Still they wouldn't have wanted to miss it for anything. My 7yo (boy) cut the cord; he was so thrilled with the honor. We woke the 2yo up before they went home to see "baby dar" (dar is how he says girl). He grinned, kissed her, and even tried to say her name...he won't call his other sibs by name so it is super cute.

Edited by joannqn

Madelynn Adele was born at 8:57pm. She was 8lbs 13oz and 19 inches long. Her head was 14cm. She has dark hair; my first with dark hair. Cute thing...one brow looks blond though.

We ended up turning the pitocin up to 12. The dr. broke the water at about 8 pm and, although there was almost no fluid to leak, the contractions hit hard after that. With no pain relief, I ended up screaming and yelling her into this world. My 2yo slept through it. My 7yo yar old was ok but crying and feeling sick. We explained it was the emotion. My 9 yo hid in a nook that we dubbed the cave, in tears like last time. Still they wouldn't have wanted to miss it for anything. My 7yo (boy) cut the cord; he was so thrilled with the honor. We woke the 2yo up before they went home to see "baby dar" (dar is how he says girl). He grinned, kissed her, and even tried to say her name...he won't call his other sibs by name so it is super cute.

aawww that sounds awesome! Congrats on that sweet baby girl!