Menu

Update

Elizabeth86

We’ve been walking all day. I had mild contractions 5-7 minutes apart a couple hours last night and this morning. Then they kind of stalled. This evening they’ve been about 7 minutes apart, but stronger. Still able to walk and talk through contractions. Hopefully things really get going soon.

• Like 37

42 minutes ago, Elizabeth86 said:

We’ve been walking all day. I had mild contractions 5-7 minutes apart a couple hours last night and this morning. Then they kind of stalled. This evening they’ve been about 7 minutes apart, but stronger. Still able to walk and talk through contractions. Hopefully things really get going soon.

My first labor, I thought I was having one now and then. But I was actually have 1-2 between the ones I felt. Just saying. Since you were already 4 cm., I bet you are further along than you think. I never got to where I couldn't talk through them with any of my babies until I was pushing.

• Thanks 2

What I am really trying to say is that you are making me really nervous since you are so far from the hospital. I know it's none of my business and you don't even know me. But I'm a mama at heart, and I want you to be where you have help closeby.😛 I'll shut up now. 

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, Jaybee said:

What I am really trying to say is that you are making me really nervous since you are so far from the hospital. I know it's none of my business and you don't even know me. But I'm a mama at heart, and I want you to be where you have help closeby.😛 I'll shut up now. 

Thanks. There is a closer hospital if I had too. It’s just not the one I planned to deliver at. It’s 25 minutes away.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Elizabeth86 said:

Thanks. There is a closer hospital if I had too. It’s just not the one I planned to deliver at. It’s 25 minutes away.

I'm with @Jaybee when are you going to the hospital!! 

Totally colored by my own experience because when I start feeling contractions, the baby is coming. (I don't know why or how but I just don't feel my contractions for a long time). Usually I go to the hospital because my water broke. 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Clarita said:

Totally colored by my own experience because when I start feeling contractions, the baby is coming. (I don't know why or how but I just don't feel my contractions for a long time). Usually I go to the hospital because my water broke. 

Idk. lol I usually go when I can’t walk or talk through contractions. 

• Like 1

See, the stop-start thing would make me wonder a bit about position. Not that he's gone breech/transverse, but maybe he's not quite facing the right way yet? If you're happy with movements etc I personally wouldn't rush it. The labour I had that started like that and I pushed it with a sweep ended up being posterior & painful (but fine). Maybe some of the spinning babies exercises (the lying down one for posterior) might help?

When I want to curl up in a dark corner is how I know it's time to go to the hospital 😅

Thinking of you. Whatever happens it can't be too long now!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LMD said:

See, the stop-start thing would make me wonder a bit about position. Not that he's gone breech/transverse, but maybe he's not quite facing the right way yet? If you're happy with movements etc I personally wouldn't rush it. The labour I had that started like that and I pushed it with a sweep ended up being posterior & painful (but fine). Maybe some of the spinning babies exercises (the lying down one for posterior) might help?

When I want to curl up in a dark corner is how I know it's time to go to the hospital 😅

Yes, someone mentioned he might be sunny side up with the start/stop of contractions.  Ugh.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Clarita said:

Thank you! My experiences are definitely coloring my viewpoint here. I have had four pregnancies that went to completion, one of which was twins. My water always broke quite late in labor, except when they broke it before inducing. In my first one, I only knew I was in labor because I had an appointment that day, and the doctor told me I was 5 cm. and 100% effaced, and to get my things and head to the hospital. The second one was the only one where I had really strong contractions before the very end of labor. The twin one, my doctor was monitoring me by phone and finally told me to come in when I said I was starting to feel pressure. I was 8 cm. when I got to the hospital. In the last one, I was induced, and was shocked when I all of a sudden had to push! Labors don't always follow the same patterns. Ugh. I said I was going to shut up.

ETA for clarity: The twin one, I was having contractions all day, but they were not at all painful--my belly would just get hard like a basketball. They didn't seem to be like they were getting terribly close together, either. 

Edited by Jaybee
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Or maybe baby is head down but asynclitic and not putting pressure on the cervix. Have you tried being on all fours and doing cat/cow on and off also? 

Good night, I was just doing some cat/cow to relax before bed and suddenly remembered this post. I can’t imagine doing this at 40+ weeks! Y’all are all sooo much younger than me! 😂

@Elizabeth86 I keep checking this thread for updates. I’m going to sleep now but wishing you a restful night and a baby delivery that comes easy for you both sometime tomorrow. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Elizabeth86 said:

Yes, someone mentioned he might be sunny side up with the start/stop of contractions.  Ugh.

Yeah my #4 was born sunny side up, homebirth. Fun times 😅 I call him my backwards boy, he's my only left handed kid too 🤔

You'll be okay, that baby has to come sometime 😄

• Like 2

11 hours ago, LMD said:

same. thought. 

10 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Or maybe baby is head down but asynclitic and not putting pressure on the cervix. Have you tried being on all fours and doing cat/cow on and off also? 

this. 

Do you have a chiropractor you trust, who works on pregnant women? That's where I'd be headed - they can make sure your pelvis is aligned, which helps baby align nicely. 

walking up and down stairs side ways can also be helpful for this, but my first stop this morning would be a chiropractor who does pregnant women, if I were you. 

Oh, and drink tons of water. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Elizabeth86 said:

Idk. lol I usually go when I can’t walk or talk through contractions. 

For me, that would be transition (and short), and then we'd be on to pushing (2 contractions for the longest pushing stage for me). 

I hope the appointment yields good information!

• Like 2