Menu

Wordle

happi duck

Just now, NewnameC said:

That looks you knew all along and solved it that way on to make stair steps. 

congrats

I'll take that!  🤣

I do really feel like if you are still finding words that fall into the constraints as they are revealed, you are still winning even if it takes more turns.  Flexible thinking right!?  👍

• Like 3

On 2/6/2022 at 3:12 PM, catz said:

So weird.  I wonder if there are some cookie glitches on devices if like you jump between apps, texting, etc?  

I’m quite prone to unknown tech glitches, so it probably is a glitch just for me. I do text on my phone, but no apps. I’ll have to pay attention in future to see if it happens again.

Ugh! I barely made it on this one. I had too many possibilities and kept trying the wrong ones until I finally hit the right one on the last try. 

Wordle 234 6/6

🟨🟩
🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ScoutTN said:

Got it in two today!

How do I post the image?

Well done!

You post the image by

1. clicking on that button that appears lower-right screen after completion saying "share results" (you'll note that a black-bordered message *briefly* appears middle-top reading "copied results to clipboard)
  2. Coming over here and opening a post screen
  3. Hitting Edit / Paste at the top of your browser screen (or however you always copy/paste anything from outside the WTM forum world)
  4. Voila!

Wordle 234 5/6

🟨
🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I did it too fast today, and inadvertently messed up by positioning the same right letter-wrong place in the same place twice, thus wasting a learning opportunity.  *annoyed with self*

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Pam in CT said:

Well done!

You post the image by

1. clicking on that button that appears lower-right screen after completion saying "share results" (you'll note that a black-bordered message *briefly* appears middle-top reading "copied results to clipboard)
  2. Coming over here and opening a post screen
  3. Hitting Edit / Paste at the top of your browser screen (or however you always copy/paste anything from outside the WTM forum world)
  4. Voila!

Wordle 234 5/6

🟨
🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I did it too fast today, and inadvertently messed up by positioning the same right letter-wrong place in the same place twice, thus wasting a learning opportunity.  *annoyed with self*

Idk how to copy and paste on my phone. I am SO not techy! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ScoutTN said:

Idk how to copy and paste on my phone. I am SO not techy! 

OK, well.... this is highly technical content here, but, on my (kid you not: 8 year old iPhone 6) phone, what I do is..

1. I sort of gently stroke the image or text message or GIF or clump of words in a newspaper to give the phone a general idea of what I'm going for, then
  2. I hold my finger in the dead center of what I'm trying to copy, which casts a magic spell and causes a bubble to appear inviting me to "copy" or "more"
  3. I press "copy"
  4. I leave the source that I'm trying to copy from; and go over to / open up the place I'm trying to copy to
  5. I start a [post on WTM, or a text to my daughter, or paragraph on my blog, or whatever] and
  6. I sort of gently stroke the area I'd like to paste my deposit, again to give the phone a general sense of the goal, before
  7. I hold my finger in the dead center of where I'd like to drop it, whereupon again, magic spell, bubble appears inviting me to "paste" or "more"
  8. May the Force be with you.

Please report back ASAP.  #TechRules

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Storygirl said:

Wordle 234 5/6

🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I ended up in the same too-many-possible-words-that-could-fit zone that others struggled with today.

Same! Those of you that got it in two, how in the world did you come up with that word. Two of those letters don't usually pop up on my mental radar. LOL

Wordle 234 5/6

🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, barnwife said:

Have any of you tried dordle?

It's wordle, but solving 2 words at once. You use the same guess words for each, until you solve one. 

Oooh, that's fun!

Dordle 4&6/7 EVENT&GLEAM

🟨 🟨🟨🟨
🟨🟩🟩 🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
zaratustra.itch.io/dordle

• Like 1

1 hour ago, barnwife said:

Have any of you tried dordle?

It's wordle, but solving 2 words at once. You use the same guess words for each, until you solve one. 

Daily Dordle #0015 3&6/7 
🟨 🟩
🟨🟨🟩 🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Tricky! I feel like I'm developing a problem. 😄

Wordle 235 3/6

🟨
🟩🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Daily Dordle #0016 4&5/7 
🟨 🟩
🟨🟨 🟨
🟨🟨🟨 🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

PSA for those of you posting dordle scores--make sure you delete the winning words!!!!

Edited by VickiMNE
new info
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ScoutTN said:

Wordle 235 4/6

🟨🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Lookit you, tech goddess!

I got hit with the Rhyme Demon, sigh

Wordle 235 5/6

🟩🟨
🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

Wordle 235 5/6

🟨🟨
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Not so bad given my cultural disadvantage. 

Wordle 235 6/6

🟨
🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Same cultural disadvantage here!  It caused me a little bit of trouble

• Like 2

Wordle 236 3/6

🟨🟨
🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

7 minutes ago, Grace Hopper said:

..< in the voice of Jimmy Fallon >

Thank you, wordle, for being a part of my morning, with birdsong and sunshine and another set of stupid words that have all but one of the same letters.

LOL

I got lucky today but this is SOOOOOO true

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I got yesterday's in five, I think, but it stressed me out, and I had to ask DH "Is the middle letter _?" He reminded me that if I find Wordle stressful, that I don't have to do it. Which is true, but I am a WORD PERSON and think that challenging my brain is a good thing. In fact, I am such a verbal person that I can't think in pictures and patterns, which is what makes the puzzle hard for me.

So yesterday was not fun, but today, I got it quickly, and now my addiction is stoked again. I've never gotten a 2, so getting it in 3 is a win for me.

Wordle 236 3/6

🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• Like 1