Menu

Wordle

happi duck

1 hour ago, Corraleno said:

Is today the first day it's been hosted by the NYT, or did I not notice before?

Wordle 236 3/6

🟨🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yep first day.  Apparently I must have been looking for it last night because it’s the first thing I saw on my phone this morning!

I thought today’s was the hardest one so far and I was already getting SO mad that I might not get it on that last try! I haven’t been stumped yet, and my brain just wasn’t registering this one AT ALL. I blame it on poor sleep and not having coffee yet. 😂

• Like 3

Squirdle Daily 31 - 8/8

🟦🟥🟥🔼🔼
🟦🟥🟥🔼🔼
🟦🟥🟥🔼🔼
🟦🟥🟥🔼🔽
🟦🟩🟥🔼🔼
🟩🟩🟥🔼🔼
🟩🟩🟥🔽🔽
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

i actually got today’s Squirdle (but used Serebii, because I don’t know which Pokémon are which generation). 

2 hours ago, mmasc said:

I thought today’s was the hardest one so far and I was already getting SO mad that I might not get it on that last try! I haven’t been stumped yet, and my brain just wasn’t registering this one AT ALL. I blame it on poor sleep and not having coffee yet. 😂

I think that is what was going on with me.  I literally replaced yellow letters right back into the same spot twice.  Dh finally suggested what the first letter might be and then I got it immediately.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, historically accurate said:

My 16 yo says I cheated since I waited so long between try #4 and try #5. I also made some notes on a piece of paper while sitting next to a student doing math. But I got it!

Wordle 237 5/6

🟨🟨
🟨🟨
🟨🟩
🟨🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Pausing between rounds to let your brain reset before coming back again is 100% NOT CHEATING.  That's how some brains, OK *my* brain, function.

Cheating is putting in random letters into useful investigatory spots and hitting "enter" to see if maybe-possibly that's a real word that could maybe-possibly yield some new insights.  Not that I've ever tried that, because that would be cheating, but, I have heard that wordle just rejects the impostor word with a terse message

that word is not in our word list

• Like 1

On 2/8/2022 at 6:08 AM, edelweiss said:

Ugh! I barely made it on this one. I had too many possibilities and kept trying the wrong ones until I finally hit the right one on the last try. 

Wordle 234 6/6

🟨🟩
🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I had the exact same thing happen to me today. I was sure I had it by the fourth, and then super worried I was going to miss again by the sixth!

5 hours ago, Matryoshka said:

I have successfully avoided caring about Wordle.  Why do I find this much more fun? I think it might be the unlimited tries? Less pressure. I think the adversarial part is hilarious. 

I decided to stop playing absurdle after a couple days, because I realized it was putting me in a bad mood whenever I played 🤷‍♀️😂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KSera said:

I had the exact same thing happen to me today. I was sure I had it by the fourth, and then super worried I was going to miss again by the sixth!

I decided to stop playing absurdle after a couple days, because I realized it was putting me in a bad mood whenever I played 🤷‍♀️😂

I’m addicted. It’s fun because you feel like you’re trying to corner it!

11 minutes ago, Ausmumof3 said:

Absurdle 6/∞

🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

This is my best I think for absurdle. Mostly I get there in seven with a handful of sixes. Apparently the best possible is four… still chasing that!

I've done it twice now, got 7 both times, I think.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ausmumof3 said:

Absurdle 5/∞

🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

woohoo 

five… wasting some serious time 😂

Made me try another... got to 6, at least...

Absurdle 6/∞

🟨🟨
🟨🟨
🟩🟨🟨
🟩🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ausmumof3 said:

Now I’m trying to play it backwards - trying to force it to produce a word I’m thinking of… I was trying for puppy but got fuzzy!

Now this is an idea I might like better.  I will try. 
eta: it doesn’t seem to work. At least not like I thought it should. It started telling me I had letters right when there were still other words without those letters that could be made (including my chosen word I was trying to force it to). Maybe I don’t understand the way it works as well as I thought I did. 

Edited by KSera
  • Like 1

Wordle 237 4/6

🟨
🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I was trying to explain strategy to dh (who is NOT a words type of person) and finally gave up. He doesn't understand why anyone would be interested in such a game. I told him it's clear that opposites attract. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, KSera said:

Now this is an idea I might like better.  I will try. 
eta: it doesn’t seem to work. At least not like I thought it should. It started telling me I had letters right when there were still other words without those letters that could be made (including my chosen word I was trying to force it to). Maybe I don’t understand the way it works as well as I thought I did. 

I figured out why it doesn’t work. There’s a bank of 2000-some words that can be answers, but 10,000-some that are valid guesses. My word must have been a valid guess but not answer. I think I would have to choose a word that was a previous answer to (without using exactly the same guesses, because that would be boring). 

Edited by KSera
Typo
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, KSera said:

I figured out why it doesn’t work. There’s a bank of 2000-some words that can be answers, but 10,000-some that are valid guesses. My word must have been a valid guess but not answer. I think I would have to choose a word that was a previous answer to (without using exactly the same guesses, because that would be boring). 

I had the same issue. It gave me a letter. I think it’s because it picks the biggest bank of possible words and it might be that the bank of possible words without any of your initial letters might be smaller than the bank with some. I’ve also had a first letter correct.

I’m kinda enjoying trying to figure out the algorithm. I must admit wordle took longer than usual possibly because I wasn’t playing in that mode.

On 2/10/2022 at 3:38 PM, stephanier.1765 said:

It was the first day for me. I was confused when trying to find it today. Thankfully, it looks and works the same as it always did. Whew!

It looks different for me. Used to be a black screen with bright yellow, bright green, and grey tiles.

Now it is all grey and white with dingy yellow and green. 

I changed the settings to get a black screen again and the misses are light blue and the hits orange. 

And it’s lost my history.

Wordle 238 5/6

🟦🟦
🟦🟦
🟦🟦🟦
🟦🟦🟦
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

Edited by ScoutTN

My dh and I have been having a friendly wordle competition.. I got the word in three today and was bragging.  My 12yodd got interested.  She is a terrible speller but I set it up for her on her computer and helped her get started except she was in the same room with my dh so they were working kind of together and my dh was groaning because he couldn't figure it out.  All of a sudden my dd shouts I got it.  In three tries - she didn't even know the word as a word - just used straight up logic 🤣🤣.  DH was not amused.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wordle 238 4/6

🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I'm impressed with those of you who got it in 3 today.  I definitely had enough letters (4) at the end of Row 2, but my brain just couldn't get them together in a sequence that met the other constraints I'd learned.  I ended up having to do a sacrifice Row 3 just to generate some location data before I could come up with the word.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Pam in CT said:

I'm impressed with those of you who got it in 3 today.  I definitely had enough letters (4) at the end of Row 2, but my brain just couldn't get them together in a sequence that met the other constraints I'd learned.  I ended up having to do a sacrifice Row 3 just to generate some location data before I could come up with the word.

I had all 5 letters known at the end of row two, but it still took me forever to put them in an order that made sense, to get it on row three. It’s crazy how hard it can be to see a word until you actually try them in that order.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pam in CT said:

Wordle 238 4/6

🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I think my brain was tracking well today. And my first two guesses definitely helped me figure out letter placement. 

Plus I don’t know about the rest of you, and I don’t even know if anything has changed with the programming of wordle, or if it’s just my imagination, but the words seem a different flavor since the NYT took over. More like words you’d find in one of their crossword puzzles, iykwim. 

Edited by Grace Hopper
  • Like 2