Menu

Jokes & memes

Katy

On 8/28/2022 at 3:42 PM, Jean in Newcastle said:

I don’t understand what is funny about being mean. 

I didn't read it that seriously. I read that as a joke, not something you would actually do. My husband is comically bad at grocery shopping. He can't find always find things that are actually there, let alone things that don't exist. 

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, Soror said:

I didn't read it that seriously. I read that as a joke, not something you would actually do. My husband is comically bad at grocery shopping. He can't find always find things that are actually there, let alone things that don't exist. 

Well, and, to be fair, organic pop tarts do exist. 😁😁

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Alte Veste Academy said:

image.thumb.jpeg.a82eeab4b844eb44d1387cdfd526bc51.jpeg

Lauren is obviously a sociopath - at best. A demon taking human form at worst. Like, seirously, if I saw that in someone's home I'd turn around and leave. 

5 hours ago, Indigo Blue said:

Well, and, to be fair, organic pop tarts do exist. 😁😁

Not really. There are things that are sort of a pastry that you heat in a toaster, but they are not the same. trust me...they are NOT the same. (I wasn't allowed pop tarts as a kid, they were junk food, so I eat them bought at gas stations as my road trip snack of choice)

• Like 1

These ones! I’ve had these and they are real pop tarts and sooooo much better than the regular ones. I can’t eat them now because they are not gluten free. There are NO good gluten free ones. I bought ds some gf ones once and he called them nasty tarts.😂

https://us.amazon.com/Natures-Path-Strawberry-Pastries-11-Ounce/dp/B000P54HVS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?crid=1NVJTSEOIYAHK&keywords=natures%2Bpath%2Borganic%2Bpop%2Btarts&qid=1661892324&sprefix=natures%2Bpath%2Borganic%2Bpop%2Caps%2C96&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&th=1

Edited by Indigo Blue
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Indigo Blue said:

These ones! I’ve had these and they are real pop tarts and sooooo much better than the regular ones. I can’t eat them now because they are not gluten free. There are NO good gluten free ones. I bought ds some gf ones once and he called them nasty tarts.😂

https://us.amazon.com/Natures-Path-Strawberry-Pastries-11-Ounce/dp/B000P54HVS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?crid=1NVJTSEOIYAHK&keywords=natures%2Bpath%2Borganic%2Bpop%2Btarts&qid=1661892324&sprefix=natures%2Bpath%2Borganic%2Bpop%2Caps%2C96&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&th=1

I'm sorry, but it's just plain sacrilege to say some other toaster pastry is better than Pop-Tarts. 😉 

(Rushes off to buy some, just in case....)

Edited by Catwoman
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Catwoman said:

I'm sorry, but it's just plain sacrilege to say some other toaster pastry is better than Pop-Tarts. 😉 

(Rushes off to buy some, just in case....)

Get cherry pomegranate. Microwave just til barely warm.

Edited by Indigo Blue
  • Like 1

On 8/29/2022 at 6:42 AM, Jean in Newcastle said:

I don’t understand what is funny about being mean. 

It's from a blog called Baby Sideburns.

The husband followed it up with funny photos of himself in the grocery shop.

They were in on the joke/skit together.

Edited by chocolate-chip chooky
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Indigo Blue said:

I am willing to believe they are better...but not the same. Pop Tarts are magical all on their own,better would ruin them, lol. (and I like the brown sugar flavored ones, not the fruit ones)

The Bobos or Bobs or whatever brand they are toaster pastry are not terrible, but they are not pop tarts. But with DS gluten free I get them sometimes. 

4 hours ago, Indigo Blue said:

WHAT??? You can't microwave a pop tart! You have to use the toaster so they are crisp!

3 hours ago, math teacher said:

Dh talks about the unfrosted grape ones he used to eat as a child. I wish they would bring them back so I could get him some.

I remember unfrosted poptarts! I liked the strawberry I think, but I had the grape too. I actually preferred the unfrosted, even as a kid. I like the pastry more than the frosting. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

When the kids wanted cherry pop tarts the smallest box I could find was 16. That was less than $5, though. I couldn’t justify spending $40 to order them on Amazon (72 pop tarts total). Yikes. That flavor does look good, though. 

What’s up with cherry only coming in big boxes or variety packs? It’s like the purple Sharpie highlighter all over again. Must buy extra to get it (you’ll get like 5 highlighters in traditional colors to get one purple). 

20 hours ago, ktgrok said:

I am willing to believe they are better...but not the same. Pop Tarts are magical all on their own,better would ruin them, lol. (and I like the brown sugar flavored ones, not the fruit ones)

The Bobos or Bobs or whatever brand they are toaster pastry are not terrible, but they are not pop tarts. But with DS gluten free I get them sometimes. 

WHAT??? You can't microwave a pop tart! You have to use the toaster so they are crisp!

I remember unfrosted poptarts! I liked the strawberry I think, but I had the grape too. I actually preferred the unfrosted, even as a kid. I like the pastry more than the frosting. 

I usually really hate frosted pop tarts. Why they gotta ruin a pop tart like that?  But the peanutbutter pop tarts were amaaazing! 

21 hours ago, ktgrok said:

I can't eat them anymore for millions of reasons, but I prefer them cold (room temp). I always liked them okay but wasn't super into them. My otherwise uber healthy eating college roommate was, and she ate them cold. Instant upgrade. 

I'm not a huge pop tart person and I always thought they needed to be toasted which is why I never understood the commercials for their competitor where they mock pop tarts and the kids are stuffing them in lockers and they are falling out. I'm like who went to school with a room temp pop tart, anyway? Now I have kids that don't want them toasted lol. The seasonal pumpkin ones are one of the only ones I really like. 

1 hour ago, kbutton said:

I can't eat them anymore for millions of reasons, but I prefer them cold (room temp). I always liked them okay but wasn't super into them. My otherwise uber healthy eating college roommate was, and she ate them cold. Instant upgrade. 

So.... am I the only one who think they taste like sugar-coated cardboard? I've probably only ever had a couple in my life, but I absolutely can’t fathom the appeal,  toasted, microwaved,  or cold... 🤪

• Like 3

On 8/30/2022 at 7:18 PM, Indigo Blue said:

I agree the flavor is great and 10-13 sec in the micro works. But the texture is very different from PopTarts. Softer and crumblier.

4 hours ago, heartlikealion said:

When the kids wanted cherry pop tarts the smallest box I could find was 16. That was less than $5, though. I couldn’t justify spending $40 to order them on Amazon (72 pop tarts total). Yikes. That flavor does look good, though. 

What’s up with cherry only coming in big boxes or variety packs? It’s like the purple Sharpie highlighter all over again. Must buy extra to get it (you’ll get like 5 highlighters in traditional colors to get one purple). 

You most certainly can get them in small sizes. When I don't feel like saying 'No', my husband and kids all pick their fave and we end up with one box each cherry, strawberry, and blueberry.

3 hours ago, Brittany1116 said:

I agree the flavor is great and 10-13 sec in the micro works. But the texture is very different from PopTarts. Softer and crumblier.

You most certainly can get them in small sizes. When I don't feel like saying 'No', my husband and kids all pick their fave and we end up with one box each cherry, strawberry, and blueberry.

Where I live I couldn't find them. Walmart only had a size 16 box at one nearby WM and none at the other but the huge variety pack (and I didn't think the kids wanted blueberry). What store do you find a small box of cherry? 

On 8/30/2022 at 10:51 PM, Terabith said:

989F02C2-470A-49C1-B865-6BE5333B71DA.jpeg

This is the primary reason I carry hand sanitizer! It just takes too much time - first I have to convince the water that I’m real, then the soap dispenser, then the water again and finally the paper towel dispenser. The paper towel dispenser has to be convinced multiple times because someone thinks 6” of a thin paper towel is enough to dry adult size hands. So much wasted time!

• Like 7

10 hours ago, TechWife said:

This is the primary reason I carry hand sanitizer! It just takes too much time - first I have to convince the water that I’m real, then the soap dispenser, then the water again and finally the paper towel dispenser. The paper towel dispenser has to be convinced multiple times because someone thinks 6” of a thin paper towel is enough to dry adult size hands. So much wasted time!

Once in a while, I find a bathroom that has an automated dispenser with really nice paper towel sizes AND has the towel dispense as soon as the previous one is torn off rather than dispense when the person walks up; it stops me in my tracks in wonder, lol! Most recently, it was at a Wendy's we stopped at when driving to see family. 

• Like 1

On 8/30/2022 at 9:03 AM, 73349 said:

Extremely suspicious to have so few books you can do that without needing to ransack the place when you need a particular one. Lauren, do you read 95% ebooks??

Lauren doesn’t read. She buys books for decoration & scrolls Instagram for home decorating tips. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1