Menu

What's with the ads?

Lizzie in Ma

The nightmare continues. New update 6/25 in OP

Glad you found some answers and some much needed help! And how wonderful she can be in the comfort of her own home!

Prayers for all of your continued endurance. Lean on Jesus, or collapse in His Arms. He can handle it!

We rain our prayers and love on all of you!

This!

Scrap said it so well.

• Like 1

Still praying as you and your family take this next step...  

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;

You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;

And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Psalm 23:5-6

• Like 1

Thank you for the update, I am praying, praying for you and your family. Love gives us courage in the hardest times.

• Like 2

It must be so hard to watch Jenna suffering through this and for help and recovery to not go more quickly. I pray that the new place will be what she needs and that she will be home for IHT soon. I am praying for all of you to have the hope, strength, and support that you need.

• Like 6

It must be so hard to watch Jenna suffering through this and for help and recovery to not go more quickly. I pray that the new place will be what she needs and that she will be home for IHT soon. I am praying for all of you to have the hope, strength, and support that you need.

:iagree:

:grouphug:

• Like 1

I am so sorry you all are still in this, but I am go glad that you are in a place where you are actually able to get her real help and not just being thrown to figure it out yourselves. I will continue to pray for your whole family and that Jenna continue to  receive the healing and support she needs to come out on the other side of this, healthy, safe, and happy. 

:grouphug:

• Like 5

Lizzie..

More  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug: coming your way.  You, and Jenna, and your entire family remain in my thoughts and prayers.

IMHO, this is wonderful news, strangely enough.  Generally speaking, when the proverbial "Pros from Dover" strenuously feel that a patient is not ready to be discharged to home care, the patient is genuinely NOT READY to be discharged home.  BTDT a couple of years ago with one of mine (inpatient for anorexia related issues, but inpatient just the same.)  The Docs had a true finger on the pulse of exactly how "unready for discharge" our dd actually was during several points in time.  

Transitional care is probably a huge step in the right direction and things are definitely looking up if the danger doesn't seem to be 24/7.  Sometimes you simply have to find and hold tightly to small glimmers of hope...

You are a strong woman and an even stronger Momma!

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 7

Oh, Lizzie, I will pray that this next step is a really helpful one for your sweet girl. Glad there is a stepping-stone to help her be able to be home. Continuing to pray fervently for you all. Wish I were there to give you a real hug and bring you dinner!

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 3

Oh, Lizzie, I am lifting you, Jenna, and your family up to the merciful care of our all-powerful, healing God.

Psalm103 

Bless the Lord, O my soul,
    and all that is within me,
    bless his holy name!
Bless the Lord, O my soul,
    and forget not all his benefits,
who forgives all your iniquity,
    who heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit,
    who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,
who satisfies you with good
    so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

Psalm 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

Psalm 30:2 O Lord my God, I cried to you for help, and you have healed me.

• Like 2

Lizzie..

More  :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug: coming your way.  You, and Jenna, and your entire family remain in my thoughts and prayers.

IMHO, this is wonderful news, strangely enough.  Generally speaking, when the proverbial "Pros from Dover" strenuously feel that a patient is not ready to be discharged to home care, the patient is genuinely NOT READY to be discharged home.  BTDT a couple of years ago with one of mine (inpatient for anorexia related issues, but inpatient just the same.)  The Docs had a true finger on the pulse of exactly how "unready for discharge" our dd actually was during several points in time.  

Transitional care is probably a huge step in the right direction and things are definitely looking up if the danger doesn't seem to be 24/7.  Sometimes you simply have to find and hold tightly to small glimmers of hope...

You are a strong woman and an even stronger Momma!

I'm not saying it is a perfect world, and I know that organizations fail...and that said...

When people work with a situation over and over and over, and I'm seeing a one-off, I've kinda learned that they probably know more about what they are talking about than I do. It's not that I'm wrong or stupid--I'm inexperienced.  

When I have run into situations where there was a one-off and I had to work with experts, I found that my contribution was knowledge about my offspring, and their contribution was expertise about the situation.  We made some pretty good teams that way. When the roles got reversed, it wasn't so good.  

SO all that to say that I am so glad that there is a long-term plan and that there is a good interim plan and a good team of people.  

Hang in there!  

• Like 5

I've been away and was heartened and relieved to read about the program you found. You are all in my thoughts.

• Like 1

I wish I knew more to say, but I just want you to know that you (your whole family) continue to be in my prayers. :grouphug:

• Like 1

(((Lizzie)))

Thinking of you today and praying for your sweet J, and all your family. May God send a fresh wind to renew your spirits and physical strength.

Edited by Seasider
  • Like 1

So glad to read the new update and still keeping y'all in prayers as you work through this together.  May everything work out well.  It sounds like you have a good team working with you all.

• Like 1

Lovely update. May her transition home be as easy as possible for everyone.

• Like 1