Menu

Dog's back legs have stopped working most of the time.

Miss Peregrine

She has had a little trouble standing up in the recent past as she is pretty old, but this came on suddenly. Yesterday I saw them collapse under her. They have been working off and on. Today she when down the stairs to go to the bathroom and collapsed on the landing where she peed herself. :(

Taking her to the vet at 1:45.

I don't blame you for not wanting to deal with this alone, Amy.

Thanks. She seems *almost* herself. She looks confused when she can't move. She won't eat her dog food but will eat cooked hamburger. She's drinking fine. Her tail is wagging. She just stood up a few minutes ago. I'm so confused, too. Lol

She just doesn't seem ready to go.

• Like 2

We're back. Without Daphne.

She had a mass in her abdomen that was bleeding.

All the kids but 1 are gone for the weekend. I can't stop crying. She was a really good dog.

I'm so, so, so sorry. I know all too well the hurt, as right now I am grieving the loss of our princess. It's been less than 48 hours since we had our girl put to sleep. The pain is deep, I know.

I am so sorry.  Had to put down my cat of years and years this last fall and am awaiting my dog's death from metastatic cancer at any time.  He is doing well but tumors can burst anytime.  

Take good care of yourself.  It is so sad to let our animal friends go. :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

All this doggie grief is so heartbreaking!  I'm so sorry for your loss.   :(  :(  :(

I'm currently sick and so thankful for my furry buddy keeping me company.

My heart goes out to you all who have suffered this loss...it just hurts so much.  I know.   :grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

:grouphug: :grouphug:

My dog collapsed recently, couldn't get up.  I thought she was a goner.  But it turned out that because of her bad knee, she had been compensating and her poor back was all in spasm.  Vet gave us Duramax and we used a heat pack on her for a week and she is doing well again.  She will be on the meds the rest of her life to keep her comfortable but I was so glad it wasn't her time.  Hoping for the best and a similar scenario for your dear dog.

We're back. Without Daphne.

She had a mass in her abdomen that was bleeding.

All the kids but 1 are gone for the weekend. I can't stop crying. She was a really good dog.

Oh I'm so sorry! We lost our old girl to the same thing recently. So hard and although it is small consolation do know there is nothing you could have done to prevent or fix this. Hugs.

• Like 1