Menu

Memorable threads of yore.

Miss Peregrine

I think the car rental/taxi lady also had a meltdown one day because she went out for lunch and they brought her salad before her meal.

She was adamant that the salad should come *with* the meal not before the meal.

Ahhhhh, that was a great Sunday afternoon watching that train wreck.

The salad one was the first train wreck thread I saw on here. The intensity of the OP would make you think we were discussing a matter of great importance to the continued existence of the human race. But nah, lady just felt very big feels about the timing of the salad.

• Like 11

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I often think about the boardie (always a lot of drama with this person) who wanted to use her car as a taxi in her spare time to make extra money.

Everyone told her she was crazy, there is no way you would be allowed to do that.

So every time I see an Uber or Lyft sticker I think of her. 😂

Well, she met with her pastor and he told her to leave her husband with her 3 kids, and become a cocktail waitress in Boston

Remember all of that?  

Same poster.

Edited by DawnM
  • Like 3

Well, she met with her pastor and he told her to leave her husband with her 3 kids, and become a cocktail waitress in Boston

Remember all of that?

Same poster.

What?!? I remember the woman that was overly concerned about her spiritual advisor's opinion. I do not remember the waitress part!! I hope she was just a troll and none of that was real. Yikes! Edited by Moxie

Remember all of that?  

Same poster.

Yup.  Her name was Carol something haha, very similar name to a different Carol something we have here, I always felt bad for nice Carol that there was a troll with such a similar name.

The Ken Ham Kerfuffle...still waiting on Audrey to send me my witch starter kit, which if memory serves, included a goat!

Aha!  I was wondering if anyone else remembered the goats!  I thought I dreamed it up!  T

I think the board was so busy at that time with Ken Ham and cupcakes and possibly kilts that a lot of people missed the goats.

• Like 2

I still think about that family (not a poster but posted about) who had lots of children and were living in a rural hovel.  Kids walking around in animal poop and such, all in the name of off-the-gridness.  Sleeping on a wooden pallet.  Lady owned a pet-grooming business and used to blog/FB about their "adventures."  

• Like 4

I liked the "Hey girl" postings with the actor whose name I can't remember right now. "Hey girl" with multiple reasons of how homeschooling oddities are actually sexy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes!! The one about crockpot oatmeal. :laugh:  That was gold.

Ryan Gosling.  :001_tt1:

Edited by Miss Peregrine
  • Like 4

I still think about that family (not a poster but posted about) who had lots of children and were living in a rural hovel. Kids walking around in animal poop and such, all in the name of off-the-gridness. Sleeping on a wooden pallet. Lady owned a pet-grooming business and used to blog/FB about their "adventures."

Blessed little homestead. They also started "composting" their poop by throwing it on the ground until they were ordered to get a port a potty. The Nauglers.

• Like 2

Blessed little homestead. They also started "composting" their poop by throwing it on the ground until they were ordered to get a port a potty. The Nauglers.

In addition to the "Like it" button, there should also be an "Oh My!" button or something similar.  :mellow:

• Like 6

The one where the boardie's sister/friend/someone was recording herself sleeping so she could find out if she was snoring, and she heard voices talking on the recording... and learned that the dog poop that she thought was from her dog each night was being placed in her house by the mysterious nighttime invaders... and the boardie had to stop posting about it because it was being investigated... and I SO WISH I knew how that turned out! It was years ago though. Anyone else remember that? (Am I conflating two separate threads? I don't think I am...???)

I have always wondered how that sleeping-voices situation turned out. Perhaps now enough time has passed that the OP can come back and share the resolution? I need closure!

• Like 3

The golf cart nut! Same poster who wanted to rent her car to a car rental place and drive a golf cart in the snow. And how she had to ask her spiritual leader.

Yes, yes, same gal could also only go see movies her pastor approved of, iirc. Didn't she turn out to be a bona fide troll?

• Like 1

Doesn't anyone remember the glitter thread, the one about a woman using a washcloth before an intimate doctor appointment? 

I thought that was hilarious.

(I think I read it here).

Now that you brought it up I do remember that.  You know, you should always look your best when going for a gyne exam. Though the fact I consider glitter to be the herpes of the craft world it just doesn't seem right haha

Edited by swellmomma
  • Like 2

I liked the "Hey girl" postings with the actor whose name I can't remember right now. "Hey girl" with multiple reasons of how homeschooling oddities are actually sexy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those were gold. The tumbler isn't up anymore, but if you google "hey girl homeschool" a bunch come up. I wish we could post celebrity photos, because some of them are SO funny.

• Like 1

Not a "famous" thread, but there was a poster whose husband had let some people move into their rental property with no deposit and the tenants ended up squatting there without paying and I always wonder how that turned out. But I don't remember who it was, or if it was ever updated.

• Like 9

One from the not-so-distant past was the poster who had a lunch date set up for her DD and another mom and her DD, and they mysteriously never showed up. No answers to phone calls or texts, either.

We were debating between whether the other mom was a flake or had been in some sort of emergency.

I always wondered what happened about that, in addition to the one where the poster was being forced off the sidewalk by a stroller-pushing woman.

:lol: :lol:

• Like 3

There was a fairly recent thread about a houseguest with questionable boundaries. She did something bizarre with the butter and when politely confronted made a hilarious remark about living casually. I remember laughing hard. I wish I could find it!

ETA: better and butter aren't the same.

Edited by RioSamba
  • Like 2

Two guys in a meat truck/van were pushy and came into a birdie's home and because she couldn't say no she ended up buying hundreds of dollars of questionable meat. I think she had payment stopped on her check. Iirc the meat truck showed up again shortly after that and her husband talked to them.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Not a "famous" thread, but there was a poster whose husband had let some people move into their rental property with no deposit and the tenants ended up squatting there without paying and I always wonder how that turned out. But I don't remember who it was, or if it was ever updated.

I remember, that was just earlier this year. Despite numerous requests, the OP did not update. But I still see her posting on other threads. Maybe we can get some closure on that one, too?

ETA we need yet another catch phrase for cliffhanger/unresolved threads. Vent, CC, JAWM, zombie, and...what should be call them?

Edited by Seasider
  • Like 4

What?!? I remember the woman that was overly concerned about her spiritual advisor's opinion. I do not remember the waitress part!! I hope she was just a troll and none of that was real. Yikes!

Yeah.   CarolFromIL

I can't remember all the details and I think the thread got deleted.

That was soon after she told me I was fat.  Fun memories.

• Like 4

Yeah. CarolFromIL

I can't remember all the details and I think the thread got deleted.

That was soon after she told me I was fat. Fun memories.

How mean! But, what?? How could she have a clue what you look like?

• Like 1

Ugh, yes. And I made the mistake of googling, and apparently they're still around, getting into arguments with police and talking smack on Facebook.

Sad.

• Like 2

Yes! The food allergy/avoidant list that was pretty much everything under the sun - no soy, gluten, nightshades, dairy, dyes, etc. when boardie was hosting dinner at her home, but when boardie was the guest in the allergy-avoiders home, they were served boxed mac and cheese and canned cranberries or something like that. Lol

Not sure why you're withholding the name, but IIRC it was Audrey who got to deal with that particular brand of bat guano psychosis.

For those who missed it...

Part 1 here: http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/372107-kind-of-longvent-i-have-never-before-been-sorry-to-have-invited-someone-for-supper/page-1

Still looking for part 2.

Part 2: http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/375030-i-was-just-told-im-expected-to-go-to-dinner/page-1

I feel like I want to make a trophy for her on this one - what an awful dinner guest and what an accommodating, wonderful hostess. Serious Audrey, I'd have tossed them out of my home after I cried my eyes out!

Ugh, yes. And I made the mistake of googling, and apparently they're still around, getting into arguments with police and talking smack on Facebook.

Sad.

There's a group claiming they're going to make a documentary about the family, neglect, illegal activities, and all the lies. They may become even more well known than before if it happens.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I think that was 38 carrots.

• Like 1

I bet that was us.  Dh didn't check them out and we later found out they moved every six months or so.  We had to have them evicted and they destroyed the house.  Had to tear it down.  Last time we ever rented one of our farmhouses.

ETA- did it happen to two of us?  Definitely happened to us but many years ago.

Edited by Remudamom
  • Like 2

I bet that was us.  Dh didn't check them out and we later found out they moved every six months or so.  We had to have them evicted and they destroyed the house.  Had to tear it down.  Last time we ever rented one of our farmhouses.

Aw man.  That is terrible.

OMG that thread was a riot. I still laugh about it from time to time when it pops into my head.

That thread was memorable to me because it was the only epic thread that I posted in as one of the earliest replies. It makes it extra funny to me.

I remember someone telling Mrs. Mungo that she looked like a streetwalker in a dress she wore to a military ball. Mrs. Mungo looked classy and elegant. I miss Mrs. Mungo.

Mrs. Mungo's famous baked oatmeal is the thread I google most often. Love that recipe!

Has the bathtub waxing incident been mentioned yet? I cringe just thinking of it.

I still think about that family (not a poster but posted about) who had lots of children and were living in a rural hovel. Kids walking around in animal poop and such, all in the name of off-the-gridness. Sleeping on a wooden pallet. Lady owned a pet-grooming business and used to blog/FB about their "adventures."

The Nauglers. They are STILL crazy as can be. I follow the threads (26 I believe) on freejinger. Things have gotten even crazier. The oldest son and his expectant wife or fiance have moved. The second oldest is facing felony charges for brandishing a gun at the neighbors while retrieving a horse. And the nauglers are filing for orders or protections against everyone and everyone is filing orders of protections against them. There are blogs about them, more facebook pages than I can count and even a nightly or weekly podcast. It is a train wreck and I cannot look away and haven't since it started.

This is where I am in the current thread.

http://www.freejinger.org/topic/29174-poopistan-26-more-courtroom-drama-than-law-and-order/?page=6

• Like 1

The one where the boardie's sister/friend/someone was recording herself sleeping so she could find out if she was snoring, and she heard voices talking on the recording... and learned that the dog poop that she thought was from her dog each night was being placed in her house by the mysterious nighttime invaders... and the boardie had to stop posting about it because it was being investigated... and I SO WISH I knew how that turned out! It was years ago though. Anyone else remember that? (Am I conflating two separate threads? I don't think I am...???)

I totally remember this, and freaks me out every time. I wish I knew how it all ended up too because it would be less freaky then!
  • Like 3