Menu

Memorable threads of yore.

Miss Peregrine

This was way back, but I was thinking about it the other day.

Church Pat and the hooha waxing story. She had gotten herself all dolled up while dh and dd were out and when they got back dd wanted to show off her new clothing purchases so ChurchPat had to throw on jeans over a freshly waxed or shaved self....

Such a good writer! I was laughing so hard tears were streaming down my face.

The thread about how homeschoolers have such nice shoes since they never wear them.

I remember that story, but I had forgotten who had posted it! :lol: Isn't Church Pat of the Manor now FaithManor?

I can't always keep name changes straight, especially ones from so long ago, so I could be totally mistaken!

Yup. Her name was Carol something haha, very similar name to a different Carol something we have here, I always felt bad for nice Carol that there was a troll with such a similar name.

Yes. Carol was in Illinois. Every time I see the other Carol (in CA I believe), I think, "Hey, did Carol move"?
  • Like 1

Also, the one from that lady in Tennessee (Kelly?) about convincing her husband to buy a new toilet before a big holiday party.

What the heck?

k cups

38carrots's house

stroller barger

the troll with the mansion was right when I was new here I think

the escaped / missing snake still sticks in my mind.  I think the ownder had to carry the chihuahua until it was found.  Snake free country here... mind blown.

a couple of sad ones or ones where the poster was in a difficult situation spring to mind too, but hopefully they've been dealt with or moved on from by now so I won't drag them up again.

• Like 1

I remember the kcups-stealing in-laws, the tree-stealing neighbour, and the troll-with-12-kids who wanted to buy a mansion. :) That was the time I first started reading the chat board.

After that I went back and read some of the other, older threads mentioned here, incl. the carpet removal one. ;-)

• Like 3

Didn't someone have a neighbor dig up their hosta to "help" them with their gardening - and the neighbor relocated the hosta to their own yard???

. Yeah that was me. After 20 years of his shenanigans I finally lost my cool because those hostas are my babies. And since then he has stopped nearly all the antics. It was a hissy fit I should have had years ago. Edited by Annie G
  • Like 9

Didn't someone have a neighbor dig up their hosta to "help" them with their gardening - and the neighbor relocated the hosta to their own yard???

And then there was MariannNOVA whose neighbors chopped down her mature forsythia hedge just as they were about to put the house on the market.

Edited by Seasider
  • Like 3

I didn't see this thread when it started so I'm glad someone brought it back to life. The ones that popped into my head are the same ones others posted.

Cupcakes!

Audrey's dinner guest

Stroller lady

Mansion troll

Using the car as a taxi

The ghosts on the recording

Kilts

Ambien fueled Brazilian wax

I'm sure there are more but those are the ones that come to mind when I think of epic threads

Murphy's Dog Lube thread was the best. 

How could I even begin to explain to my children why mommy spit her coffee all over the keyboard.... :smilielol5:

Wasn't it after that thread that she changed her name to Murphy? :D

• Like 4

Now that you brought it up I do remember that. You know, you should always look your best when going for a gyne exam. Though the fact I consider glitter to be the herpes of the craft world it just doesn't seem right haha

*snorted hot black coffee out my nose*

But yes. That's exactly what glitter is!!

• Like 2

Oh my word. Just went back and re-read the dog lube thread, and I can't believe I had forgotten the part about the salted caramel lube. That thread wins an award!

Link please! :)

I don't remember the boardie or the title of the thread, but in the thread a boardie shared the story of how she was proud of her big, strong truck. One day she was backing out of the driveway and her truck encountered a small problem and she narrated how she was like, "come on you can get over a simple branch" or something like that. So she went forward and then back again, but harder...It turned out to be her dh's car not a fallen branch.. :lol:  Most hilarious story ever...she told it so well too.

• Like 4

Ooohhhh thank you for that. :) I don't know the last time I laughed quite so loudly. Unfortunately I was in the doctors office waiting room when I first opened it and literally snorted trying not to bust out so I had to wait to finish it until I got home! Definitely best thread ever.

I started looking through old content. I quickly started coming across so many faces/avatars that aren't on the boards anymore and, worse, those that just aren't with us anymore.  :sad: sigh. -_- Here's to those who have gone before us   :cheers2: .

At least I also came across some pretty funny stuff too.

• Like 6

I started looking through old content. I quickly started coming across so many faces/avatars that aren't on the boards anymore and, worse, those that just aren't with us anymore.  :sad: sigh. -_- Here's to those who have gone before us   :cheers2: .

At least I also came across some pretty funny stuff too.

Seeing kalamanak and nmoira's posts brought back very fond memories.

• Like 3