Menu

Memorable threads of yore.

Miss Peregrine

MariAnne's trees chopped by her neighbor.

The troll with 18 kids trying to pick a mansion.

I'm sure more will come to me.

Edited by Moxie
  • Like 13

The one where the boardie's sister/friend/someone was recording herself sleeping so she could find out if she was snoring, and she heard voices talking on the recording... and learned that the dog poop that she thought was from her dog each night was being placed in her house by the mysterious nighttime invaders... and the boardie had to stop posting about it because it was being investigated... and I SO WISH I knew how that turned out!  It was years ago though.  Anyone else remember that?  (Am I conflating two separate threads?  I don't think I am...???)

Edited by Kinsa

Kinsa, I remember that thread and even started other ones asking for an update! SO creepy. 

I remember sad threads. I don't think anyone wants to reopen those. 

They remind me that this is a real place with real people; people share their hearts, so I need to be kind. 

• Like 12

I often think about the boardie (always a lot of drama with this person) who wanted to use her car as a taxi in her spare time to make extra money.

Everyone told her she was crazy, there is no way you would be allowed to do that.

So every time I see an Uber or Lyft sticker I think of her. 😂

• Like 31

I often think about the boardie (always a lot of drama with this person) who wanted to use her car as a taxi in her spare time to make extra money.

Everyone told her she was crazy, there is no way you would be allowed to do that.

Hahah--Boardies Ahead of Their Time!

• Like 11

The thread that started the "books" euphemism. I think it was Elaine? She was sooo excited about a discount from Christian Book Distributers and the typo was Christian boobs. And the rest is history.

There was another typo in that same post: husbank. Her dh was okay with ordering whatever and spending the money. I thought that just as funny, but it didn't get any traction.

• Like 17

The golf cart nut! Same poster who wanted to rent her car to a car rental place and drive a golf cart in the snow. And how she had to ask her spiritual leader.

• Like 7

Wasn't there a woman with a stroller??? I can't remember the whole thing but I think a woman with a stroller kept pushing a boarder off of the sidewalk or something???

The cupcake kefuffle. That was the best.

I remember that one! Some weirdo kept trying to run the boardie off the sidewalk with her stroller.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

The Ken Ham Kerfuffle...still waiting on Audrey to send me my witch starter kit, which if memory serves, included a goat!

Happy Trampy Mommy Club thread after the epic thread about the girl snarked at by a TSA agent who thought she was immodest when it was actually pretty benign clothing.

Crockpots

• Like 17

This thread would be so much more fun for us newbies if there were links. Lol.

That taxi one is hilarious. That girl is probably kicking herself.

p.s

One day I will find out what "tea" is.

Sent from my U9200 using Tapatalk

I know, I wish I knew how to search for the beetle thread. It was hilarious!

• Like 1

Oh, the in laws that stole all the kcups!

The crazy dinner guest who wouldn't let her child eat steak? Ate the child's steak? Something with steak and an embarrassed husband.

• Like 13

What about the one where the board member was invited to dinner and was served boxed or mixed stuff after the host talked about food so much and what a great cook she was(or something like that)? Board member name withheld. :smilielol5:

Yes! The food allergy/avoidant list that was pretty much everything under the sun - no soy, gluten, nightshades, dairy, dyes, etc. when boardie was hosting dinner at her home, but when boardie was the guest in the allergy-avoiders home, they were served boxed mac and cheese and canned cranberries or something like that. Lol

Not sure why you're withholding the name, but IIRC it was Audrey who got to deal with that particular brand of bat guano psychosis.

For those who missed it...

Part 1 here: http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/372107-kind-of-longvent-i-have-never-before-been-sorry-to-have-invited-someone-for-supper/page-1

Still looking for part 2.

Part 2: http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/375030-i-was-just-told-im-expected-to-go-to-dinner/page-1

Edited by fraidycat
  • Like 11

Yes! The food allergy/avoidant list that was pretty much everything under the sun - no soy, gluten, nightshades, dairy, dyes, etc. when boardie was hosting dinner at her home, but when boardie was the guest in the allergy-avoiders home, they were served boxed mac and cheese and canned cranberries or something like that. Lol

Not sure why you're withholding the name, but IIRC it was Audrey who got to deal with that particular brand of bat guano psychosis.

Yes, it was she. And great memory.

• Like 1

MariAnne's trees chopped by her neighbor.

The troll with 18 kids trying to pick a mansion.

I'm sure more will come to me.

I totally missed the troll with kids and mansion and I am still disappointed for not having paid attention to it.  :)

• Like 6

I totally missed the troll with kids and mansion and I am still disappointed for not having paid attention to it. :)

Either she was the same one who wanted to lease her car to the car rental agency or the threads happened within a very short time span

• Like 2

Either she was the same one who wanted to lease her car to the car rental agency or the threads happened within a very short time span

She was different. Her dh was a doctor and she had all her kids's names and ages with their cutesy nicknames in her signature. She let her young kids go down to the lake by themselves(Lake Hubbard). LOL

Edited by Miss Peregrine
  • Like 5

I think the car rental/taxi lady also had a meltdown one day because she went out for lunch and they brought her salad before her meal.

She was adamant that the salad should come *with* the meal not before the meal.

Ahhhhh, that was a great Sunday afternoon watching that train wreck.

The one where the boardie's sister/friend/someone was recording herself sleeping so she could find out if she was snoring, and she heard voices talking on the recording... and learned that the dog poop that she thought was from her dog each night was being placed in her house by the mysterious nighttime invaders... and the boardie had to stop posting about it because it was being investigated... and I SO WISH I knew how that turned out! It was years ago though. Anyone else remember that? (Am I conflating two separate threads? I don't think I am...???)

HA! Since I can't sleep tonight (courtesy of being middle aged), I searched the Internet and FOUND IT!

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/209350-someone-please-toss-me-a-virtual-brown-bag-im-hyperventilating/