Menu

Middle name for Violet

ktgrok

Violet Grace

Violet Elizabeth...too long?

Those are the only ones my dd and I could come up with off the top of our heads.

I love all three names though - Rose, Violet, and Emily!  I have an Emma to I'm partial to Emily  :001_smile:

Edited by jjeepa

Violet Rose sounds good to me. I'm not kidding. The three syllables + one syllable have a nice rhythm. I know they're both flowers, but it doesn't strike me as ridiculous.

I'm actually glad to hear that. I think Rose Violet was too much, but Violet Rose does have a nice flow, doesn't it? i do think a once syllable name might be best. It SHOULD be Violet Anne, but he's a stink head. 

• Like 6

I vote Violet Grace because you need to soft sound and meaning of Grace to offset a name with a "loud" semantic feel. (Think Vibrant or - sorry, but Violent. Lots of motion in those words.)

• Like 3

I vote Violet Grace because you need to soft sound and meaning of Grace to offset a name with a "loud" semantic feel. (Think Vibrant or - sorry, but Violent. Lots of motion in those words.)

No need to apologize, I agree that Violet can have a violent sound. 

Violet Amy?

Violet Elise?

Violet Beatrice?

Violet Amanda?

There are so many! Violet is one of my top girl names this go around too. You and I have similar taste in names and similarly picky husbands, apparently :D

Am I the only one who thought Violet Beauregarde?    Perhaps Veruca Salt?  Or combine them to Violet Veruca?  Gene Wilders passing has me reliving my favorite movies.

I like the name violet and I like it paired with the previous suggestions of

Violet Louise

Violet Rose

• Like 1

One thing to remember is that your daughter may not like floral names.  Find something she can live with as a middle name.  I have a friend who was given two very sweet names...but she's not a "sweetie"--she's a robust hearty gal...and she hated her name so much she changed it.  I'd leave a little space for variety.  

(We did with my son and he likes his name but he also thinks he has a very *cool* middle name and would use it instead of his first if he hated the first.)

One thing to remember is that your daughter may not like floral names. Find something she can live with as a middle name. I have a friend who was given two very sweet names...but she's not a "sweetie"--she's a robust hearty gal...and she hated her name so much she changed it. I'd leave a little space for variety.

(We did with my son and he likes his name but he also thinks he has a very *cool* middle name and would use it instead of his first if he hated the first.)

We did this, too. Our kids all have a trendier first name and a classic middle name.

One thing to remember is that your daughter may not like floral names.  Find something she can live with as a middle name.  I have a friend who was given two very sweet names...but she's not a "sweetie"--she's a robust hearty gal...and she hated her name so much she changed it.  I'd leave a little space for variety.  

Like Violet Danger, lol?

• Like 2

Am I the only one who thought Violet Beauregarde?    Perhaps Veruca Salt?  Or combine them to Violet Veruca?  Gene Wilders passing has me reliving my favorite movies.

I like the name violet and I like it paired with the previous suggestions of

Violet Louise

Violet Rose

Don't laugh, I actually like Violet Veruca.  

How about Violet Clare?

• Like 1

Violet Jane, Violet Claire, Violet Grace, Violet Katherine, Violet Rae

I love the name Violet.  And I don't see anything wrong with Violet Rose.  There are lovely purple colored roses that could be her trademark flower :)  I could see having trouble getting my husband to go along with it, though. 

• Like 1

If I had another girl, she would be a Violet. Looks like that's not going to happen,  so I'll give you my name :-)

Violet Genevieve. This was my Godmother's name so it has special meaning to me.

I also like Violet Grace for the reason someone else mentioned-Grace is soft and complements it very well. I have a Lila Grace and people comment on her name all the time.