Menu

Middle name for Violet

ktgrok

I was just worried it was too floral. Or too colorful. Maybe it's not?

I have a Lily and another dd who has Rose as a mn. I just couldn't do Lily Rose 🙄 Too precious IMHO.

So

Violet Clare

Violet Catherine

Violet Jane

Violet Mary

Violet Olivia

Violet Rebecca

Violet Vivica ( sounds vivacious 😚)

I like Violette Mireille.

Edited by joyofsix

My thoughts:

Violet Glynn

Violet Grace

Violet Rae

Violet Belle

I like the sound of Violet Rain, but Prince's Purple Rain popped into my head, with the timing, it might seem like a tribute (which is OK if you are a huge Prince fan.)  I think the problem I had with Violet is that it is used as a color adjective, so too many middle names felt more like the noun in a phrase, than a name.

Thanks all! Violet Rose is still sort of on the table, Violet Marie I like because it's my name. Of course, now he's back to saying he likes Rose best, lol. 

I think the nice thing about Violet is if she ends up not wanting to sound so sweet is she can go by Vi, which sounds stronger I think.

• Like 1

Rose & Violet almost need middle names that are opposites.

Rose needs more syllables and flair (and vowels at the beginning have a nice flow):

Rose Adelaide

Rose Genevieve

Rose Evangeline

Rose Helena

Rose Augusta

Violet sounds good with a shorter middle name, IMO:

Violet Grace

Violet Hope

Violet Faith

Violet Fina

I have a kiddo with a girly/nature middle name (Ivy) -- they can be hard names to partner (with middle names and siblings).

• Like 1

Thanks all! Violet Rose is still sort of on the table, Violet Marie I like because it's my name. Of course, now he's back to saying he likes Rose best, lol.

I think the nice thing about Violet is if she ends up not wanting to sound so sweet is she can go by Vi, which sounds stronger I think.

I know a Violet so goes by Vi. I love it. Took me a whilto realize her full name is Violet.

Did you see my suggestion of Jewell? I really like it and Violet Jane.

But I like family names so Violet Marie would be super awesome too.

You know "Violet" is a saint's name. St. Viola was a second-century martyr, and Violeta or Violet are used as a version of her name.

Oh good!!!! I had searched but didn't find that. Good to know!

I did find there is a St. Rose as well..although she's not that interesting to me and a bit strange, lol. 

And now I've got Lucy back on the table which is an obvious one. St. Lucia!

• Like 2

Oh good!!!! I had searched but didn't find that. Good to know!

I did find there is a St. Rose as well..although she's not that interesting to me and a bit strange, lol.

And now I've got Lucy back on the table which is an obvious one. St. Lucia!

You'll have better luck with Spanish-language searches. Here's a site with an icon of Santa Violeta, and some info on her:

http://hagiopedia.blogspot.com/2013/05/otros-santos-del-dia_3.html

If you like Rose but St Rose of Lima is too much for you, "Rosa Mystica" is also of course a title for the Virgin. Can't go wrong with the BVM.

• Like 1