Menu

Not such good news from the upper endoscopy.......

Joanne

It appears my Crohns is present throughout my digestive track. In addition to the lower portion issues and severe colon inflammation, today we confirmed the following: hiatus hernia, moderately severe chronic gastritis in the antrum, erosive gastritis in the stomach, duodenitis and 2nd portion of of the duodenum.

Edited by Joanne

It's good that you have a clear picture of what's going on in there. I'm sorry there's SO MUCH going on in there!

I just keep thinking and hoping that you're going to feel a lot better once a good treatment plan is established. Hopefully there will be no delay in getting treatment underway. I'm sorry you have to deal with all this.

• Like 4

It's good that you have a clear picture of what's going on in there. I'm sorry there's SO MUCH going on in there!

I just keep thinking and hoping that you're going to feel a lot better once a good treatment plan is established. Hopefully there will be no delay in getting treatment underway. I'm sorry you have to deal with all this.

This.

And (((hugs)))

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Have they checked for C Diff infection? It's often comorbid with Crohn's.

When my child was hospitalized with Crohns, they tested his stool for C Diff and other things like parasites. Hopefully the same protocol was done with JoAnne. He also had both an endoscopy and colonoscopy.

Edited by VinNY
  • Like 1

I'm so sorry.  Again, ds has this and I hate when I hear of anyone getting this awful disease.  

(((hugs)))

DS is not doing the chemo meds they suggest and he is doing very well.  The side effects of the meds aren't a gamble we personally desired to risk.  Some people do great on the meds though so no judgement if that is your decision.  If you want to know what he does, just PM me. 

When my child was hospitalized with Crohns, they tested his stool for C Diff and other things like parasites. Hopefully the same protocol was done with JoAnne. He also had both an endoscopy and colonoscopy.

I was tested before he put me on steroids.

• Like 1

I'm sorry, it is a difficult thing. I was diagnosed at age 3. I have been on many different meds over the course of things. I hope you can find the right ones for you soon. Remicade infusions pulled me out of my last bigger flare followed by a big diet change (specific carbohydrate diet, then introduced more foods and am now gluten free and minimal dairy)

Edited by LifeLovePassion
  • Like 1