Menu

The Venting Thread: 2016 Edition

elegantlion

I just need to vent this somewhere and it won't even make sense because I'm going to be vague. So instead of whining alone, I invite you to whine and vent as needed (within board rule parameters ;) ). If you'd like to add some wine to your whine, feel free, I may be opening up a bottle soon. 

:rant:

I am going to be the bigger person (that is going to be my mantra for the next few days). I will hold my tongue and keep my boundaries because crossing my own line to really let fly what I'd like to say is not going to be productive for anyone. As someone pointed out there are things called CONSEQUENCES  and it doesn't matter if it's years later, they still happen.  :smash:  :smash:  I am not your buddy, I do not come when you beckon, and I am playing nice because because because I.AM.THE.BIGGER.PERSON!!! 

:rant: *steps off soapbox and hands it to the next in line*

Edited by elegantlion
  • Like 7

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay.

There are no real resources for "skinny" people with a "fat" disease.  Seriously?!?!  Oh, Dr. Google can tell me it happens. She can tell me they're twice as likely to die.  But she still wants to tell me they should lose weight.  (Sure, there's other stuff too, but still primarily focused on reducing calories.)

:cursing:

:rant:

• Like 1

I really like "c'mon in and vent" threads. It's nice to have a place to go "ugggggghhh!!"

My vent:

I've been advocating for change, begging, trying on my own but it takes everyone being on board...well things have hit rock bottom and now others are like "hey, maybe we should make some changes"

smh

Ya think?!?!?

I feel like Kassandra.

• Like 1

Thought we were done with that car crash (from May 2014) but turns out my adult on-set asthma may really be part of my lower right lung being swollen around what looks very much like a small bit of the crumble glass that was flying around in the car as we spun out of control....two bronchoscopies have not been able to remove it (whatever it actually is)  and now I am seeing a thoracic surgeon next week about her getting more invasive - and I might have to have the entire lower lobe removed.  ^^#*@%%(!!!!

If it is indeed from the accident, it has been in there long enough to turn black and make the tissue around it swell up. No wonder I wheeze!   At any rate, pulmonary doc is pretty sure it is not plastic, as it is irregular in shape and very hard.  And if glass, it would not have shown up on the x-rays and ct scans I was hit with after the accident, probably.

Anyway, once it is out, I have told everyone I want my Crackerjack prize!

• Like 2

That's all you'd want?  I'd be holding out for a bit more...  :grouphug:

Reading this thread has allowed me to realize how petty my own vent is.  I'm married to the best guy on this planet and I just wish I could figure out how to treat him that way when I'm in a cranky mood...  :glare:

• Like 3

If it turns out the doohickey was left behind due to any human error, then I'd ask that the hospital review how it accesses crash victims for inhaled items, and please refund me all my out-of-pocket expenses due to "asthma" etc. (and my current and upcoming procedures - certainly meeting my yearly deductible this month!!!!  ;-)

• Like 6

If it turns out the doohickey was left behind due to any human error, then I'd ask that the hospital review how it accesses crash victims for inhaled items, and please refund me all my out-of-pocket expenses due to "asthma" etc. (and my current and upcoming procedures - certainly meeting my yearly deductible this month!!!!  ;-)

I have googled this and inhaled glass not common, so IF that is what it is, there I go being weird again haha.  Could be something else, maybe a petrified SPIDER I swallowed in my sleep?  An alien pod about to burst?  Or .... (fill in possibilities)

I have googled this and inhaled glass not common, so IF that is what it is, there I go being weird again haha.  Could be something else, maybe a petrified SPIDER I swallowed in my sleep?  An alien pod about to burst?  Or .... (fill in possibilities)

My guess is you went out inhaling small rocks - just to be different and to keep the doctors guessing.  ;)

• Like 1

On the phone yet again trying to figure out why my MIL isn't receiving the meds she's supposed to be given. We've had this problem with her facility for a few months; management changed and we hoped it was for the better. We're trying not to move her because she's on hospice, but when the hospice nurse changes dosing on her meds, they should be changed. Not eliminated! Why can't they get it right!?!! 

Teen drama in general! And other's decisions which impact my kids and their freedom! And other

people's behavior which impacts my kid's opportunities. And people who won't pull their weight. And teen boys who wont just get their work done instead of dragging it on forever and then getting mad at ME when they have no free time.

Oh, and anxiety.

I feel better now. LOL

• Like 3

My vent....

I'm tired.  I'm tired of living in the middle of nowhere.  I'm tired of driving an hour for everything. Groceries,, clothes, church, lessons, any activity. I'm tired of feeling like it's my job it provide everything for every person in this family. "Why can't I do XYandZ? Why can't you just drive me there?"  

I'm tired of spending 10 hrs at a shot out of the house so my kids can do "normal" things.  I'm just really, really, tired.  And really, really hormonal which is not helping!

• Like 5

Back in November, the executive director at work wanted people to start a "fun committee" for social events. I joined, along with about 5 other people. I'm not sure how it happened, but one person placed herself as the "head" of this committee, which is totally fine. However, every event the "fun" committee has had has involved drama, complaining, bitching, moaning and the ever famous, "I'm the HEAD of the fun committee!" She booked our Thanksgiving pot luck on the same day as an orientation meeting for new institutions. She refused to move the potluck, despite being told by the deputy director to move it. We got it worked out, but still, it was really bitchy of her and of course, she threw the "head of the fun committee" card.

Then came the Christmas party. She didn't bother to check the agency calendar to see what meetings were planned and she booked the party on the day 1/3 of the agency would be out. She, again, refused to budge, saying it was those people's fault and she was the HEAD of the committee and despite half of us wanting her to move it, she adamantly refused. So, the event the 1/3 planned was moved. Also, part of Christmas is that the agency sponsors a needy family through a local charity. I was in charge of organizing this whole thing, and  part of our donations to this family was a catered Christmas dinner, which one person offered to pay for. This person came to me quietly, so I didn't announce who the donor was to the whole agency. Well, within 5 minutes of my emailing everyone that the meal had been provided, she zoomed to my desk to ask who paid for it. I refused to tell her and she tried to pull the "head of the committee" card. I didn't budge. The "fun" committee really has nothing to do with this.

This brings us to yesterday. The board chair wanted to thank us for working so hard with out a budget. The Executive Assistant was who the one who coordinated the lunch on the board chair's behalf was putting platters of food on the table, getting it set up for everyone. The HEAD of the fun committee came in and was literally rearranging things behind her. I was in there, trying to help. I finally asked her what she was doing. She said, "I don't like it like this. And i AM the HEAD of the fun committee!" So, I said, "Well, this isn't a party YOU are in charge of." and I put everything back. After the luncheon, the executive director had an all-agency meeting and this woman was called upon to share some projects she's been working on. The first words out of her mouth were, "I'm the HEAD of the FUN committee!" 

I swear, if I have to hear about how she's the HEAD of the freeking committee, I may just pop her up the side of her HEAD.

• Like 2

Back in November, the executive director at work wanted people to start a "fun committee" for social events. I joined, along with about 5 other people. I'm not sure how it happened, but one person placed herself as the "head" of this committee, which is totally fine. However, every event the "fun" committee has had has involved drama, complaining, bitching, moaning and the ever famous, "I'm the HEAD of the fun committee!" She booked our Thanksgiving pot luck on the same day as an orientation meeting for new institutions. She refused to move the potluck, despite being told by the deputy director to move it. We got it worked out, but still, it was really bitchy of her and of course, she threw the "head of the fun committee" card.

Then came the Christmas party. She didn't bother to check the agency calendar to see what meetings were planned and she booked the party on the day 1/3 of the agency would be out. She, again, refused to budge, saying it was those people's fault and she was the HEAD of the committee and despite half of us wanting her to move it, she adamantly refused. So, the event the 1/3 planned was moved. Also, part of Christmas is that the agency sponsors a needy family through a local charity. I was in charge of organizing this whole thing, and  part of our donations to this family was a catered Christmas dinner, which one person offered to pay for. This person came to me quietly, so I didn't announce who the donor was to the whole agency. Well, within 5 minutes of my emailing everyone that the meal had been provided, she zoomed to my desk to ask who paid for it. I refused to tell her and she tried to pull the "head of the committee" card. I didn't budge. The "fun" committee really has nothing to do with this.

This brings us to yesterday. The board chair wanted to thank us for working so hard with out a budget. The Executive Assistant was who the one who coordinated the lunch on the board chair's behalf was putting platters of food on the table, getting it set up for everyone. The HEAD of the fun committee came in and was literally rearranging things behind her. I was in there, trying to help. I finally asked her what she was doing. She said, "I don't like it like this. And i AM the HEAD of the fun committee!" So, I said, "Well, this isn't a party YOU are in charge of." and I put everything back. After the luncheon, the executive director had an all-agency meeting and this woman was called upon to share some projects she's been working on. The first words out of her mouth were, "I'm the HEAD of the FUN committee!" 

I swear, if I have to hear about how she's the HEAD of the freeking committee, I may just pop her up the side of her HEAD.

Ok, I'm sure she is hell to work with..... but that is *hilarious* to read. She sounds completely nuts. I agree with "The Office" similarity!

If I were you I'd have one thousand, "I am HEAD of the FUN committee!" jokes. And possibly drinking games. 

• Like 6

I'm so sick of saying "Go blow your nose!" No sniffing doesnt count as a good blow. And shut the door to the bathroom while you're in there blowing especially if the rest of the family is in earshot eating dinner.

And our dog died this week. We miss him so much.

Planning graduation with homeschoolers who've never learned to work in groups...EEEEEE....No, "leadership" doesn't mean that your ideas are automatically better than everyone elses.

Dirty house.

Sick husband.

Mud,

Mud.

Mud.

Mud.

Mud.

Nobody told be about the mud when we started farming.

Cold and wet and windy.

Oh I'm joining in this time!

Starting with headaches! Im over them! I am so freaking tired of having headaches! I have one right now, I am not eating dinner with my family because their busy kid table noise hurts my head!

Second! The stupid new chips in the credit cards are NOT safer. Ours were switched to chipped cards at the end of November. We have now been scammed 2x already!!!!! SUCKS!

Third. I am tired of being the only one who can see that the basement needs to be finished and it is NOT optional. The 3 boys cannot share a tiny room forever! No the house is not going to get more organized before we start messing with the basement, that is part of the problem...we NEED more SPACE! 

• Like 3

Wow - offering several  :grouphug: this morning and hoping today turns out better for y'all.

Sorry for the loss of your dog Fairfarmhand.  That's never easy.  Extra  :grouphug: .

I'll be somewhat nervously plodding through this week awaiting biopsy results for my mom - and other things later in the week + beyond.

We've had winter for a week or two now (though have still missed the snow).  I'm ready for spring already.   :coolgleamA:  

If we're going to have mud, we should at least get spring.

• Like 1

Thought we were done with that car crash (from May 2014) but turns out my adult on-set asthma may really be part of my lower right lung being swollen around what looks very much like a small bit of the crumble glass that was flying around in the car as we spun out of control....two bronchoscopies have not been able to remove it (whatever it actually is)  and now I am seeing a thoracic surgeon next week about her getting more invasive - and I might have to have the entire lower lobe removed.  ^^#*@%%(!!!!

If it is indeed from the accident, it has been in there long enough to turn black and make the tissue around it swell up. No wonder I wheeze!   At any rate, pulmonary doc is pretty sure it is not plastic, as it is irregular in shape and very hard.  And if glass, it would not have shown up on the x-rays and ct scans I was hit with after the accident, probably.

I was all set to post my petty whine and then I read what you're going through.  Put my problem into perspective, for sure. Hope you get it resolved without having to lose part of your lung!

I'm going to go ahead and vent because getting it off my chest will make me feel better. My father didn't bother to wish me a happy birthday (I was actually at his house that day after returning from a trip with my sisters), didn't call me for Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year's. But late last night he called to see if I thought the Packers were going to win. He lives in Georgia and cares not one whit about the Packers. But I guess he cares more about them than he does me.  Sigh...I never realized just how much Mom did to make sure Dad's behavior was socially acceptable. 

• Like 1

Please start calling her Angela. Pretty please? 

• Like 4

Stomach viruses. The ones that only get to two people at a time, but who make sure everyone gets at least one turn. The ones who wait for Mom 'til the very last.

Also, the energy the four year old has saved up for when it's Mom's turn to be sick. 

Sinus headaches.

And much, much bigger things that happen to friends/family that you can't ever hope to make better.

"Blah," said Toad.

• Like 1

Stomach viruses. The ones that only get to two people at a time, but who make sure everyone gets at least one turn. The ones who wait for Mom 'til the very last.

Also, the energy the four year old has saved up for when it's Mom's turn to be sick.

Sinus headaches.

And much, much bigger things that happen to friends/family that you can't ever hope to make better.

"Blah," said Toad.

I wish the *whole internet* somehow already knew that even though many people have husbands that have work-life-balance issues, some people have husbands with chronic illnesses... And would donate a solid gold planet if they could in any way upgrade to (their own) husband with merely work-life-balance issues.

And I really wish I knew what all the pop psychology around marriage actually means in real scientific psychology. Those 'warning signs of divorce' / 'avoid and be happy' articles legitimately make me panic. I keep on vowing to stop reading them, and then I accidentally catch another one.

I'd really like to know: is it called "contempt" when you accurately assess someone and find them intermittently incapable of normal cognitive processes? Is it 'contempt' just to think so? Or to say so? Or to say so, if you are angry about it in the moment, and it comes out nasty-sounding? If you feel that way, does it really help to just make yourself not say it? Or are you doomed for feeling it?

And, if 'there's hope' for marriages as long as people are still engaged, even if they are upset, and that proves that they are engaged... Why then do I work so hard to feel resigned, and distract myself, and not care so much, and not hurt so much? Is that also a mistake that is going to ruin everything?

And why can low-income people get cheap help, but qualified help will cost me more than my mortgage. Shall I just wait until my marriage explodes, and then I'll have no income, and *then* I can get free, qualified counselling? What kind of sense does that make?

Edited by bolt.
  • Like 2

I'm really sick of coughing.

My son was sick for the last week before he left for the second semester, and I had resisted. Then, the day I drove him back to school, I started feeling icky. As of yesterday, the ick had settled in for real. Today, the fever seems to have passed, and I feel somewhat better . . . except for the darned couging.

I'm going to have to go watch The Office now. LOL 

It's been tempting for me too.  I've never seen even a small part of it.

Otherwise, I've been really spoiled by the warm winter we'd been having.  Having just come inside after 2 1/2 hours of being out working with ponies - BRR! - I'm ready to migrate south and be an official snowbird.  I wish our checking account agreed (sigh).  My toes are thinking about thawing...  Fortunately, hubby was with my (misery loves company!) and the ponies were quite good.  It's just Old Man Winter.  He could have stayed on vacation somewhere else...

I'm not sure what's worse: being involved in social drama or being so left out of it that neither "side" tells you anything. I'm all for being Switzerland, but it kinda feels like being the last kid picked for kickball when no one even tried to pull me in.

I had my "la la la not getting involved!" speech prepared and everything. Also my, "You're both wrong and here's why..." spiel but even I realized that was probably a bad idea.

Edited by BarbecueMom
  • Like 1

:grouphug:  for everyone.

I'm going with the space thing.  It feels like by the time we are able to buy a bigger house (one that's NOT 235 sq.ft. per person and no basement/garage/attic)...we'll be empty-nesters and it will be pointless to move.  I also feel like I'll always be stuck in the suburban lifestyle I grew up in.

I hate snow. It makes me irrationally irritable. I hate bundling up in forty layers just to shovel the four letter word crap off  the car and clear the driveway. 

I could park in the garage except, well that would violate board rules...

I know some of you love it, some of you actually do things out in the blasted white stuff. Bless you, because otherwise certain portions of the US would be overcrowded. 

Someday I will again live where it does not snow, maybe once every few years, that would be okay. Where is Camelot again? 

• Like 2

Someday I will again live where it does not snow, maybe once every few years, that would be okay. Where is Camelot again? 

Hawaii, but it's expensive and far away from everything.  Nonetheless, the appeal remains there.  They don't get hot and if you want snow it's sometimes available at the top of the tallest mountain (on the Big Island anyway).

Otherwise, it's gorgeous and yes, Camelot...

Did I mention it's expensive and far away from everything? (sigh)

~~Vent Begins Now~~

When someone shuts down a perfectly civil discussion about a controversial topic by saying that the Deceiver is stirring us up, and since it's not a salvation issue we should just leave well enough alone.  Really?  You just called us all discussing this topic in a level headed manner Devil influenced pot stirrers.  Grrrrrr!  This was not done on TWTMF, this was done in a FB group I belong to.  I called them on it, but I have a feeling that I'm going to be the bad guy now.

• Like 2

Second! The stupid new chips in the credit cards are NOT safer. Ours were switched to chipped cards at the end of November. We have now been scammed 2x already!!!!! SUCKS!

Makes me crazy that so few places have a chip reader and I still have to slide it about 90% of the time.

• Like 1

I got pulled over and ticketed due to expired car tabs because I was driving DH's car (although it is registered it both of us). He says he never got the notice they were due. I say you should know when they are due and not rely on the notice. They are due at the same time every year.

I had an excellent driving record but this goes on it as a moving violation. I am furious.

Edited by NorthwestMom

I got pulled over and ticketed due to expired car tabs because I was driving DH's car (although it is registered it both of us). He says he never got the notice they were due. I say you should know when they are due and not rely on the notice. They are due at the same time every year.

I had an excellent driving record but this goes on it as a moving violation. I am furious.

Ugh..I hate stuff like that!

Our state switched to not mailing notices. I only found out in a way I could have totally missed.

Edited by happi duck

Let's talk about Cedar.

All the folks who moved here this year wonder why they have some sort of super-flu bug that lasts for weeks.

The HEB has a big display of cough, cold, flu, and allergy medications; vaporizers, cough syrup, headache remedies, antihistamines, lemon tea ... Not that anything works.

Shoot me.

• Like 1

Urg....local gossips & homeschool clicks.  I thought we all had left middle school, mean girls, try mean women:(  Petty jealousy, made up half-truths, stirring up the ****, it's really disappointing.  

Right there with you.  Some women I didn't realize where becoming mean girls, were.  People have left the group because of them.  Some feel the need to try to please them to "fit in."  I am the bad guy because I said enough was enough.  I am not longer included in their little clique.   And the hard thing is, they gossip about each other!!!!!!!  It is a sick, twisted vortex of a snake pit.

I can't wait to be finished with all of them by the end of the year.

Dawn

• Like 1