Menu

Do we not want to do "What's for dinner" posts anymore? Haven't seen any in a while

momee

Deciding.  I forgot to buy rice noodles yesterday or I'd make some noodle thing. I'm thinking of stir-frying some pickled cabbage and making some peanut-rice stuff and doing something with tofu.  Or I might make bulgur pilaf with tomatoes and onions and do something with apples and phyllo dough.

• Like 2

That sounds soooo good - do you have a recipe?

I am horrible at following recipes, most of the time just wing it. It's super easy though! Use some sort of boneless chicken, cut it up in stripes (so a little long pieces, not cubed). Cook (saute) the chicken in a bit of olive oil, and when it's almost done (doesn't take long since it's cut up) add some BBQ sauce and let it cook a bit longer. While chicken is cooking I am also sauteeing sliced bell pepper and onions on a separate pan. Dish it on a flour tortilla (some chicken and some of the onion mixture) with sour cream and shredded cheese. I kind of just dish the stuff on the middle of the tortilla and fold the 2 "flaps", kind of a wrap? Mexican rice is a side. Also sometimes cut up fruit as a side if kids are super hungry. Super easy dinner! Easier to cut chicken, onion and bell pepper first. Then get the rice going. Then the 2 different pans...it's quick and yummy :)
  • Like 2

I'm making a mole soup, black bean dipped tortillas, and salad.

Not mole the animal. :) I don't think I could do a vegan version of that!! Haha! It's a Mexican dried chili mole.

I'm sure animal mole soup is a delicacy somewhere. 

I'm currently trying to decide on Southern fried chicken or oven fried chicken. Either way, I need to get up and get it made. We'll have mashed potatoes and another veggie for sides. 

• Like 1

Well, one of my daughters made a roasted chicken, with potatoes, onions and carrots.  Unfortunately, it did not get put into the oven soon enough and was no where near ready by the time they needed to eat to leave for church.  So, we all had an assortment of frozen burritos and Amy's dishes..lol.  The chicken is finally finished cooking and is now cooling nicely on the stove.  Guess what's for dinner tomorrow?

We brought Chinese home last night after long days of work for both of us.  Tonight was left-over Chinese.  Hubby always gets two meals out of his.  I get three out of mine.  It's a pretty good deal and tasty all at the same time.

Speaking of work, I'd best get back to it...

Tomorrow I've no idea yet... something easy or take out.  (I ate my other Chinese leftovers for lunch today.)

I just made fried rice for the kids for dinner. Why have I never made fried rice before?? Easy and delicious.

DH and I are supposed to have porkchops with onions and apples braised in cider with couscous and green beans, but we'll see. My "morning" sickness is thinking that Cheerios sounds good.

Now that it's just two of us -- and especially since I'm working three or four evenings a week -- "dinner" is not much of a thing around here. I did get my act together today and make a big tray of baked pasta, which I divided into five single-serving portions. My husband had one of them for dinner when he got home tonight, and the other four are in the freezer, along with a couple of black bean burritos I made last week, so he can take them to work for lunches or have them for other dinners.  

I got home from work about an hour ago and am finishing off a bag of slightly stale Fritos.

Bratwurst/pork chops/pork loin (don't ask how I ended up cooking 3 different meats, lol), homemade mashed potatoes, spinach, & broccoli.

Since I don't even eat meat, I had spinach mixed in the mashed potatoes, topped with 2 over-easy eggs, plus broccoli on the side.

Yesterday, I made Jamaican jerk chicken w/ rice & black beans, oven-baked plantains, & roasted pineapple w/ cinnamon. The meal was a huge hit.