Menu

For fun: do you have stickers of your family on your car?

luuknam

Car stickers of your family  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have stickers on your car showing your family members?

2. 2. If you do, how many people?

• 0 - I don't have those stickers
    • Even more (please post number)
  3. 3. And how many pets?

• 0 - I don't have any stickers
    • 0 - I have family stickers but I don't have pets
    • 0 - I have family stickers and I have pets, but I don't have stickers for my pets
    • Even more (please post number)

Like this:

http://www.familystickers.com/family-car-stickers

Please post details about what they look like - do you have zombies, vampires, football players, etc? Multi-color or just white or w/e? Post pictures if you're feeling inspired.

I don't have any, fwiw. I just thought it'd be neat to see someone having their entire family of 12 people and 8 pets on their car. :)

I also get a laugh out of those signs that say Baby On Board. Ok, since you told me that I won't run into you. 

Yeah, seriously. I'd like to see a study conducted on the odds of being involved in an accident with or without a Baby On Board sign. Part of me thinks that certain asocial sociopathic people might be MORE inclined to hit your vehicle rather than less. For the most part, normal people don't want to hit your car, baby or not, because it's such a hassle and ups their insurance premiums.

• Like 3

I thought Baby On Board signs are for fire fighters and other emergency workers so that they will look for a child in the case of an accident.  

Maybe. I didn't think of that, but you would hope they would notice a baby regardless of the sign. 

• Like 1

Maybe. I didn't think of that, but you would hope they would notice a baby regardless of the sign. 

I didn't think of it either. But, it'd make sense to look in the back of the car for people, regardless of age. And if there's a child seat, to look for kids of the right size for the child seat. Since Baby On Board people would typically have a child seat too. And I'm guessing most people leave the sign up even if the kid is not in the car, and leave the seat in the car as well, even if the kid is not in the car. I guess the only situation where a Baby On Board sign should matter is one where the car seat + baby are thrown out of the car and the driver is unable to communicate the lack of baby. Sure, it's possible. Not likely enough to put up a sign for though, imo.

ETA: I've seen trucks where they have a sign saying to look in the sleeper part for the other driver, since there are team drivers, and they're rare enough that they're sometimes forgotten.

• Like 1

I recently bought a Silhouette.  It allows you to make those stickers.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!  I haven't made the family stickers but I've designed and made car decals for the swim team, and other fun car window stickers for friends.  My husband doesn't like window stickers but he finally let me put a dark purple (so it is hardly noticeable) one on his window for our daughter's team :)    Just put in Silhouette in Pinterest and you will find tons of ideas.  

I thought Baby On Board signs are for fire fighters and other emergency workers so that they will look for a child in the case of an accident.

Yeah, they are for first responders. Another option for that is the WHALE stickers they give out at the hospitals. Which is smaller and stands for We Have A Little Emergency. First responders here are trained to look for those.

• Like 2

we have the white stick figures for 2 pets and 4 family members.  They've been on there 6 yrs and could use some help. lol  I like better my  'surf' style stickers to remind me of my tropical upbringing and my vinyl sticker from my favorite brewery locally who has an amazing local artist do the art work.  I won't be replacing the family figures when they finally dissolve but I will replace the others. 

No stickers.

The first time I attended a homeschool event, with my one child, I pulled in next to a van that has stickers going all the way across the back window.

I was like, gulp, here goes nothing...

• Like 6

I have them on my car because my inlaws put them on there one weekend when they had the kids.

On my new vehicle we are using all of our surplus Apple stickers from over the years and doing two large ones for us and five medium ones for the kids. I was proud of myself for the idea AND it uses up all those stickers.

I don't have any - not really because of safety crap, but just because.  I don't like most of them and think they're a little cheesy - the only ones I'd get would be the Star Wars ones.  But I never really got around to it... they aren't important enough for me to bother.  :P

• Like 1

I always wanted a set of those when my kids were younger, but I couldn't find figures that reflected my kids' personalities/interests. While it's a cinch to find little girl stick figures in tutus, I never could find a boy dancer figure. Nor could I find a girl figure with anything that represented acting/performing in a way that made sense for my daughter.

So, we skipped it.

Edit: I also looked in vain for several years for one of those "dancer" stickers (like this: http://customstickershop.us/product/dancer-car-window-decals-a5/?gclid=Cj0KEQjwstaqBRCT38DWpZjJotIBEiQAERS6_Bg7bD6DlFZGEmzbbzmmOZRKu5jwgx-7PO_hb_ESQnYaAiEQ8P8HAQ)with a male dancer, because my son felt left out when we walked through parking lots at his dance school and at competitions and most of the other cars had something. No luck there, either.

• Like 1

I don't have stick figures; I have college stickers. Let's see: USNA, AFA, Mines, WY--need JMU, CU, Hillsdale, Western and IU!

Same here, but the colleges are those in my sig.

I have no desire for any of the stickers or for bumper stickers.  I enjoy reading many bumper stickers though.  I just don't want any of them.

We don't have any but last week I saw one that has Snoopy as a troop leader with 3 Woodstocks following behind. My husband did jokingly ask where he was in the picture. I've also thought about getting the hiking boot imprints to represent our family along with a paw print for our dog but never followed through.

One family that used to live in our neighborhood has stick figures for them and their 10 kids. They had pets on there too but I don't remember how many. We had to stop and count the kids every time we walked by "the family's" house. My daughter was really fascinated by them.

• Like 1