Menu

One More Argument For Modesty

theYoungerMrsWarde

I posted that article to my husband's facebook page the other day.  I told him I expect him to be going to work in pleated front khakis, a tucked in polo shirt, and white sneakers.  Stop flaunting the goods.  :glare:

Exactly! ;)  I'm responsible for cutting dh's hair. I think his grown out curls are incredibly sexy and I hate how he looks with a buzz cut. Until I remember the lusting women at his work. :toetap05:  Then I cut it. And then I'm sad.

I posted that article to my husband's facebook page the other day. I told him I expect him to be going to work in pleated front khakis, a tucked in polo shirt, and white sneakers. Stop flaunting the goods. :glare:

I think you mean baggy UNTUCKED polo shirt. Tucking the shirt in is just showing off. :P

I'm exposed to so much legalism I assumed at first this was real. I've been accused of dishonoring God by cutting my hair above shoulder length and given a book about a woman's role in the church for having a discussion with my pastor after the service. I really could see someone making an argument about suits.

I'm exposed to so much legalism I assumed at first this was real. I've been accused of dishonoring God by cutting my hair above shoulder length and given a book about a woman's role in the church for having a discussion with my pastor after the service. I really could see someone making an argument about suits.

No, because in the legalism reality we ladeez don't lust. Or have sexual feelings at all. We have sex to appease our husbands and if we enjoy sex we best not say anything about it.

This was so awesome.

I still advocate nudity as the only really modest option, with how so many people seem to wear clothes for the express purpose of making themselves appear more attractive, or at least less unattractive. Clothing obviously contributes to vanity, and thence to immodest behavior.

What is one supposed to wear to workout? Sweats are too sweaty hot and bulky.

You are approaching this the wrong way. Your problems would be solved if you behaved in a properly matronly manner and applied yourself to baking and dainty embroidery. It is know by all women with class that you can bake and embroider while wearing pearls, high heels and a pale pink skirt and blouse. (I'm afraid I haven't enough class to know whether the Wonderbra is mandatory or if modern underwear is allowed. We'll have to ask Ellie to enquire of Miss Manners.)

This was so awesome.

I still advocate nudity as the only really modest option, with how so many people seem to wear clothes for the express purpose of making themselves appear more attractive, or at least less unattractive. Clothing obviously contributes to vanity, and thence to immodest behavior.

You have a point. If we all had to go around in the nude, there would not be much vanity left.

I've ignored this all week because I'm not into overly-obvious cuteness and I assumed I knew exactly where the author would be going.

That was a mistake.

I am reading it right now and about to be sick due to restraining myself from SHRIEKING with laughter. Good gravy, this is perfect.

This is the best thing I have read in 2014. Srsly. BEST.

And do not under pain of death google "Tom Hiddleston in a suit" and hit images. Your eyes will be seared, blinded.... there is sitting and chairs and standing and hand gestures and eating....no eating, especially cookies with Cookie Monster. And a trench coat with the collar popped up, sitting on a bench, on a motorcycle...in a bathtub...

And do not under pain of death google "Tom Hiddleston in a suit" and hit images. Your eyes will be seared, blinded.... there is sitting and chairs and standing and hand gestures and eating....no eating, especially cookies with Cookie Monster. And a trench coat with the collar popped up, sitting on a bench, on a motorcycle...in a bathtub...

Moderator, I believe EL is deliberately trying to contribute to the downfall of decent civilization and needs chastisement.

:D

Moderator, I believe EL is deliberately trying to contribute to the downfall of decent civilization and needs chastisement.

:D

I only pointed out the path, it is the choice of the individual whether to journey down said path or not.  :coolgleamA:

... given a book about a woman's role in the church for having a discussion with my pastor after the service...

Oh gosh!  I am so clueless!  At a church we no longer attend I was confused why it always happened that whenever I joined in a deep discussion with the pastor and my dh that the pastor's wife would come over and either find a way to pull me out of the discussion or she would join the discussion and get us off the deep topic and onto something trite.

I had no idea that 'women don't have deep convos with the pastor' existed.  She was also the person who was deeply offended and corrected me strongly when I call the pastor by his first name.  Oh well!

And this video definitely should not exist:

We definitely need to make men wear less attractive uniforms...although mine can still wear his in my house!

That....was....FABULOUS! :drool5:

Oh gosh!  I am so clueless!  At a church we no longer attend I was confused why it always happened that whenever I joined in a deep discussion with the pastor and my dh that the pastor's wife would come over and either find a way to pull me out of the discussion or she would join the discussion and get us off the deep topic and onto something trite.

I had no idea that 'women don't have deep convos with the pastor' existed.  She was also the person who was deeply offended and corrected me strongly when I call the pastor by his first name.  Oh well!

Wow! I have NEVER been to a church like that! I am glad you got out. :glare:

No, because in the legalism reality we ladeez don't lust. Or have sexual feelings at all. We have sex to appease our husbands and if we enjoy sex we best not say anything about it.

Our church isn't like that. We've actually had discussions about positions and er different "access points" on a woman's body during Ladies Bible Study, but at the same time we've also had discussions about whether or not it's biblical to cook a dessert with alcohol in the recipe if you cook all of the alcohol out. For like, 20 minutes. I was so overwhelmed that I had wine when I got home.

Our church isn't like that. We've actually had discussions about positions and er different "access points" on a woman's body during Ladies Bible Study, but at the same time we've also had discussions about whether or not it's biblical to cook a dessert with alcohol in the recipe if you cook all of the alcohol out. For like, 20 minutes. I was so overwhelmed that I had wine when I got home.

I need a drink just reading about it.

Mesh workout pants? Link?

My yoga pants are not super thin material, but they are tight across the booty. They wouldn't be tight on someone with a flat butt.

I don't wear shorts to workout because they tend to show more than pants, if you are doing yoga or bench press or anything that requires more bending than doing the elliptical.

I have a tendency to accidentally wear my yoga pants backwards and then spend the entire day yanking them up. I'm pretty sure that's not super sexy or anything, whether I'm working out or just trying to board an airplane (yeah, I'm awesome like that.).

But I did fall in lust with my dh when he was wearing a suit. He looked hot in it. Oh, did I say lust, I mean love.

And this video definitely should not exist:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hrIqzeT7Ugg

We definitely need to make men wear less attractive uniforms...although mine can still wear his in my house!

Well, I was going to post that uniforms should be banned with suits, until Mrs. Mungo posted that video. It turns out the lack of uniforms doesn't help.

Along with the other suggestions (sitting, thinking, reading, standing), maybe we should add haircuts, working out, tanning, etc.

Actually, if we are going to make them totally unattractive, maybe we should put them in big sacks, with veils to cover the piercing eyes, and I guess ask them not to talk much, so we don't hear that husky baritone (particularly if they have an accent.) Suddenly the whole modesty thing is making a whole lot more sense....

My dh is a preacher and wears a suit every Sunday. He looks pretty nice in it if I do say so myself.  :drool5:

Now I'm going to start watching the women in the crowd to see who's looking too lustily at him. I might just need to have a personal Bible study with said women. (This was totally said in jest, but I wanted to clarify that it was since I'm sure some of you have actually had some kind of horrific experience where this just might have happened!)

And I might have saved over half of the pictures in that article to create a background montage of gentlemen in suits for my computer.  Did anyone notice the hotness of the Gregory Peck picture that was thrown in there?!?  :001_tt1:

Well, I was going to post that uniforms should be banned with suits, until Mrs. Mungo posted that video. It turns out the lack of uniforms doesn't help.

Along with the other suggestions (sitting, thinking, reading, standing), maybe we should add haircuts, working out, tanning, etc.

Actually, if we are going to make them totally unattractive, maybe we should put them in big sacks, with veils to cover the piercing eyes, and I guess ask them not to talk much, so we don't hear that husky baritone (particularly if they have an accent.) Suddenly the whole modesty thing is making a whole lot more sense....

Piercing blue eyes I am a sucker for. Also brown eyes. Eyes must be covered at all times, too.

Oh, you had to go and mention accents. Yes, they should not be allowed to talk either.  :lol:

Yes; no talking! Not if you have an accent. That's just waaaaaaay too alluring. If you're talking in an accent your intention is *clearly* to entice me to sin. :P

Obviously, women don't think about sex UNLESS we are trying to figure out how to get the menfolk to lust after us in our sinful outfits. (Nevermind the fact that the rape and sexual crimes  in "modest" countries are sky high)