Menu

Prayers please

Michelle My Bell

So since I've been here so long, I thought I would request prayers for my 11 year old daughter Heidi. She had a freak accident yesterday and a drinking glass broke and fell on her ankle cutting her tendon. Were in pre-op right now waiting to go to surgery. This morning I had what felt like passing out to me, but my daughter said I was breathing really rapidly and my eyes were open. The doctor was in he room talking to me about the pending surgery so it might have been a panic attack, hyper ventilating or a weird passing out episode. I don't know. Just need prayers here.

Praying, Michelle, for Heidi and you!

:grouphug:

It sounds like hearing the details of the surgery caused you to have a vagal reaction. Some people get them at the sight of blood.

Symptoms:

"Before you faint due to vasovagal syncope, you may experience some of the following:

Skin paleness

Lightheadedness

Tunnel vision — your field of vision is constricted so that you see only what's in front of you

Nausea

Feeling of warmth

A cold, clammy sweat

Yawning

Blurred vision

During a vasovagal syncope episode, bystanders may notice:

Jerky, abnormal movements

A slow, weak pulse

Dilated pupils"

Maybe, but I looked right at her injury yesterday with the doctor and was fine. I think it is more my imagination, leading to some sort of panic attack, followed by hyperventilating and passing out. 

Praying, Michelle, for Heidi and you!

:grouphug:

It sounds like hearing the details of the surgery caused you to have a vagal reaction. Some people get them at the sight of blood.

Symptoms:

"Before you faint due to vasovagal syncope, you may experience some of the following:

Skin paleness
Lightheadedness
Tunnel vision — your field of vision is constricted so that you see only what's in front of you
Nausea
Feeling of warmth
A cold, clammy sweat
Yawning
Blurred vision
During a vasovagal syncope episode, bystanders may notice:

Jerky, abnormal movements
A slow, weak pulse
Dilated pupils"

I am feeling better. I slept for a good 12 hours last night. What is so incredible to me is my daughter however. She is completely pain free without any pain meds. She is happy and alert and doing great on her crutches. We had VBS this week and my older kids were leaders so they went while were in the hospital. A surgeon friend from church heard about her injury and loaned us this great little push scooter for people with foot injuries which gives her even more comfort. All in all, I really feel God's grace on us. :)