Menu

14 TV shows on the chopping block

Mom in High Heels

Aww, I really like Almost Human.  I hope that doesn't get the ax.

We just started recording Intelligence.  We missed the first couple of episodes so were going to watch online and then the recordings.   So no real opinion there.

I'm almost embarrassed to say it but we do watch Dads.  It is the most politically incorrect, rude, crude show but it's often hilarious.  I had heard months ago that it was being cancelled so I was wondering when the new shows were going to stop.

They better not cancel the mentalist, I love that show.  Intelligence and almost human I watch but am not as into them as the mentalist.  Sitcoms I can't stand so I am not surprised to see so many of them on the chopping block.  And beauty and the beast I watch every week.  I think part of the problem they have with counting viewers is there are many viewers who don't have cable so they only watch it online and I don't think those numbers are counted in their totals.

Of course. Any show DH likes is sure to be canceled. He gets so frustrated he won't watch shows that haven't been on for a few seasons already! We started watching Almost Human and really liked it (Karl Urban!), but DH wouldn't commit because he didn't want to be frustrated again. I'll have to tell him it's already on the block.

I like The Mentalist, but it has petered out. Once the overarching mystery was solved, we were left with a pretty, clever guy who solves crimes-of-the-week. Come to think of it, we could do a lot worse than that. Bummer.

Then again, I'm still bitter about Wonderfalls and that was canceled, what, 12 years ago?

I like The Mentalist, but it has petered out. Once the overarching mystery was solved, we were left with a pretty, clever guy who solves crimes-of-the-week. Come to think of it, we could do a lot worse than that. Bummer.

I actually like "ordinary" Mentalist episodes better than the story arch ones.  Hope they don't cancel it!

I love The Mentalist, but I'm not shocked about the cancellation rumors.

It wasn't so much the loss of the Red John story line, because I think most fans were ready for that to be wrapped up, it was the fact that the original team members Grace, Rigsby, Cho, Patrick, and Lisbon all went their separate ways. Cho, Patrick, and Lisbon are now working together for the FBI, but the other FBI agents that they've added as their partners are just not as good as the original group. I know that the actors that play Grace and Rigsby are not wanting to continue with the show so they are slowly fazing them out, but I really think that was the death blow to The Mentalist.

I also like Beauty and the Beast, but the love triangle thing and trying to get back at the people who turned Vincent into a beast is getting really old. I think if they had taken the show in a different direction and just had Kat and Vincent work together to solve crimes/save people it would have worked better.

The only one on the list that I've seen is Beauty and the Beast. It really isn't all that good, so I'm not surprised. I didn't know that Raising Hope had already been cancelled though. I'm glad I don't need to bother watching for new episodes anymore. The addition of Sabrina single-handedly KILLED the entire show.

I also like Almost Human and would hate to see that go.  I liked Crossing Lines from last year too and that disappeared unfortunately. 

Some of the shows I've never heard of much less seen.  hmm....maybe that is why some are being cancelled?  Not enough promotion perhaps (or I just live under a rock where TV is concerned)

Mentalist has been around for a while

Beauty and the Beast reminds me of Arrow. 

Maybe we should bombard Fox with emails about not canceling Almost Human!  Michael Ealy, who plays Dorian, was on a USA show called Common Law that I really liked, but got canceled after one season.  I hope he's not going to be known as a show killer, like Lou Diamond Phillips.  If he comes on a show, you can almost count on the show being canceled.  

We enjoy Almost Human, but even I admit some of the stories fall a bit short. The first few episodes and the last few were the best. I fell asleep a few times during some of the middle eps.

Fox. Firefly.

I have no faith Almost Human will be given the chance to grow and improve.

We enjoy Almost Human, but even I admit some of the stories fall a bit short. The first few episodes and the last few were the best. I fell asleep a few times during some of the middle eps.

Fox. Firefly.

I had not thought about that.  Stupid Fox.  

Then again, I'm still bitter about Wonderfalls and that was canceled, what, 12 years ago?

I can still work up a fine head of steam about Firefly. And I was one of those folks who contributed to the Kickstarter campaign for the Veronica Mars movie. So, I can relate.

(By the way, I went to see the Veronica movie at a midnight showing last night with my daughter. I won't say it was a great movie, but definitely worth seeing for fans of the show. And we had a blast seeing it in a theatre with a bunch of other fans.)

I've never seen any of the shows on the list. In fact, I've never heard of at least half of them.

Sometimes, I feel really old.

It didn't make me feel old to not have seen any (or heard of most).  It made me feel good that I'm not spending too much of my time watching TV.  ;)

I'll admit to being glad that the shows we do watch weren't on the list - at least - not for this year.  We have watched some that ended over the past few years (Monk, Burn Notice).

The Mentalist is the only one I have watched.  I like it but it isn't on my list of top 5.  They dragged that Red John thing so long and once they solved it, they had no where to go (IMO).  If the Red John thing had lasted only a few episodes and the main problem solving thing had been the main thrust of the show, I think it could have survived longer.

I really like Almost Human and Intelligence. I'll be sad to see them go.

I've watched the Mentalist from season one, and I'll be disappointed if they can it, but I'd have to agree that it has jumped the track lately. It's a great show when Lisbon and Jane are working together. I'm not sure why they've spun off in another direction.

I really enjoy Dracula.  I'll be sad if it gets canceled, but since they only gave us a ten episode season, I went into it knowing that it could not be renewed. 

Almost Human has been on my list to watch if it gets picked up again. I was really intrigued by the story and the cast, but made the decision to wait to watch it until it made it to a second season.  I guess that Terra Nova vibe it gave off was not all that off. 

Then again, maybe if I'd watched it, it would be enough to bump it off the bubble.

Fox. Firefly.

Ain't that the truth! We really enjoy Almost Human. It's the only new show we've watched in ages.

It didn't make me feel old to not have seen any (or heard of most).  It made me feel good that I'm not spending too much of my time watching TV.  ;)

Well, I do watch some stuff, but very little on broadcast. Mostly, I half watch things on Netflix or online while I'm working on other things on my computer. I will admit it is pretty rare that I just sit down and watch anything on TV.

I can't see the list.  what shows are they.

These are what we watch:  Intelligence, Person of Interest, BlueBloods, Elementary and 24 when it makes it return debut.

We did watch the Americans but it was bordering on p%rn so we stopped watching it.

And Summer Glau.

Poor Summer Glau.  I can't blame Firefly on her though.  FOX execs are fully to blame for the cancellation of Firefly, a decision I'm sure they still regret, after seeing the extreme cult following it has, and knowing how very much money they could have made.  Grr!  Of course if Firefly had continued, then NF might not have gone on to do Castle, and I love Castle (and NF!), so I'm of 2 minds on this.  Still another 2 or 3 seasons of Firefly would have been nice.

Poor Summer Glau.  I can't blame Firefly on her though.  FOX execs are fully to blame for the cancellation of Firefly, a decision I'm sure they still regret, after seeing the extreme cult following it has, and knowing how very much money they could have made.  Grr!  Of course if Firefly had continued, then NF might not have gone on to do Castle, and I love Castle (and NF!), so I'm of 2 minds on this.  Still another 2 or 3 seasons of Firefly would have been nice.

I agree, but there was also Dollhouse, and... wasn't there another show she was in that didn't last long? It's unfair to always blame the actors though. Often they (or their agents) simply chose poorly. Then when a show that wasn't very good to begin with doesn't make it, the actor takes the blame.

I do wish Firefly had gone on longer, but I also love Castle. It's possible Firefly would be over by now and Fillion still would have gone on to do Castle, but it's also possible we'd never know Castle, Beckett, and the rest of those wonderful characters. I'm a big big fan of Lanie. I wish she'd get some more backstory and some episodes to flesh out her character.   :)

I wanted to like Once Upon a Time in Wonderland...but it got old fast.  I watched the first episode of Intelligence and set the DVR to record the rest since.  I haven't watched one episode since and I think I have at least 7 saved on there. Lol.  The only one I'll be sad to see go is The Mentalist.  But I don't even watch it. I just remember it starting, watching a few seasons, and then it moved around to a different time so I stopped watching it...

Haven't heard of a lot of these.  I do like Intelligence, I hope they give it a chance, I think it has potential.

I liked the first season of Hostages, however, I don't see it going on long term.  Maybe a handful of episodes at most, just to fully play it out.

I agree, but there was also Dollhouse, and... wasn't there another show she was in that didn't last long? It's unfair to always blame the actors though. Often they (or their agents) simply chose poorly. Then when a show that wasn't very good to begin with doesn't make it, the actor takes the blame.

I do wish Firefly had gone on longer, but I also love Castle. It's possible Firefly would be over by now and Fillion still would have gone on to do Castle, but it's also possible we'd never know Castle, Beckett, and the rest of those wonderful characters. I'm a big big fan of Lanie. I wish she'd get some more backstory and some episodes to flesh out her character.   :)

She was just reoccurring in Dollhouse, does it still count?

I like Castle alright, it is funny sometimes but it is nowhere as good as Firefly.