Menu

What's on *your* (realistic) Christmas wish list? :)

HappyGrace

I suggested a digital picture frame; I have zillion photos of my little ones on the computer, and a digital frame would let me enjoy a continually rotating selection of them whenever I walk into the kitchen (which is a gazillion times a day). I probably could use a new pair of the same shoes I have been wearing for the last decade or so; they last about two years before they wear out. Oh, and I do want a second 10" skillet, so that I can cook eggs for my growing bunch of munchkins without it taking so long, since they like them differently; with a second 10" skillet, I could cook scrambled eggs in one pan and fried in the other and get them all done quickly.  That's not really for *me* though so much as it is for the family, but that's okay.  Other than that, I don't really want any stuff; I have asked DH to please work on the house projects for which we have had paint sitting here for quite a while, and I have a request for a very specific set of shelves I want. He is a professional carpenter; this is not beyond his abilities by any means, but he needs time to do it (and time when it's relatively convenient to have some of the house torn up/out of commission for a bit). But that's what I really, really want -- to work on the house.

I'd like a cajon. Not necessarily for me, but to have around in the house when we have groups over and want to get musical. :)

http://www.music123.com/drums-percussion/toca-players-series-cajonI

I don't know if I really, really want it yet, because it is just a want, and I may realize there is something I need more, but I've wanted one of these for several years.

ETA: I don't know why the link doesn't work. Let's try this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Meinl-Headliner-Cajon-Rubber-Front/dp/B000B6FADU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383014138&sr=8-1&keywords=cajon

I want a few new clothes, a gift card to a spa for a facial (this would be a first for me), workout clothes, an external hard drive for my Mac, and an immersion blender that actually works.

My unrealistic wish is a weekly or biweekly (heck, even monthly would be awesome) housecleaning by a professional. Unfortunately, DH isn't comfortable with strangers in our house touching our stuff or using their own mops, vacuum, etc. to clean. I don't know why, but I try understand where he is coming from.

A slow cooker.  I had one, it got wonky, then that lead report came out...  But I've been missing having one.  And it's going to be winter.  I want a new one.

More skirts.  I have a Jersey skirts from Etsy addiction.

A new cookbook, but I don't know what...

A slow cooker.  I had one, it got wonky, then that lead report came out...  But I've been missing having one.  And it's going to be winter.  I want a new one.

More skirts.  I have a Jersey skirts from Etsy addiction.

A new cookbook, but I don't know what...

I'd love a new cookbook also, but I don't know what either. Maybe we need another thread to discuss :)

I'd like a trip to Minneapolis so I can go to a tall store and buy some shirts which are not from the men's department. 

That may or may not be realistic, but its possible so I'll throw it out there. 

Otherwise: 

books (of which I have a huge wishlist and no one but my brother will bother to shop online so I probably won't get any, unless my bro pulls my name in the exchange)

more silicon baking mats 

bannetons (round or oval)

pastry wheel

lemon oil

vanilla beans

tulilp bundt pan or snowflake 9x13" pan from Nordic ware

Half of this was on my list last year though, so I'll probably end up doing what I did last year, buying what I want. 

I actually came up w/ a pretty long list this year. Dh has been bugging me about getting a list together. So...

ice skating lessons

money to renew my library membership to a different county

a repair that's needed on my car

bird seed

a few donations to specific non-profits I support

'membership'/subscription to a book publisher where I'll get copies of the next 6 or 8 books they publish (NYRB Classics; Archipelago)

bedding stuff incl. a new duvet cover

some of the makeup I use & also some mint soap

dh will probably get me the perfume I use because I'm running out & he loves it

Torrefazione Italia coffee

Edgar Allan Poe infinity scarf

framing a couple of festival posters we have

And, I always like surprises.

Air printer so that I can print from my iPad and phone.

Some vinyl lettering phrases that I found on Etsy for wall decor. They are Disney sayings.

Gift certificate for digital scrap booking kits.

Memory foam bathroom rugs.

Season passes to Disney.

Retro Metro 31 bag

Collapsible mixing bowls and colander

Disney wall art prints

Camera case

Massage cushion

I won't get everything on this list but I have quite a few people who always ask for a list so I like to have one ready.

My list includes a nice pair of sunglasses.  I had a pair of Maui Jim's for almost 10 years but the lenses are scratched so badly now.  No way can I afford to replace them, so I'm thinking about asking for a pair of Ray Ban classics.  Due to a cornea defect, I need to wear sunglasses throughout the year and good lenses are a must.

I'd also like Pioneer Woman's new cookbook and a quilting book.  Other ideas include my favorite chocolate, jewelry, perfume.  Dh and dds can pick something from that "girly" collection.  My stocking usually has socks, my favorite soap, chocolates, sample sizes of lotions, and other practical type things....

I'd like a cajon. Not necessarily for me, but to have around in the house when we have groups over and want to get musical. :)

http://www.music123.com/drums-percussion/toca-players-series-cajonI

I don't know if I really, really want it yet, because it is just a want, and I may realize there is something I need more, but I've wanted one of these for several years.

Your link didn't work for some reason, but yes, cajons are awesome! My ds16 has had one for several years and plays it in church. People are always fascinated by it, and it's pretty amazing the variety of sounds you can get from it. Anyway, I hope Santa grants your wish!

Dreaming:

infrared heater

kindle fire

mouse sander

Realistically probably won't get anything except maybe a bottle of jergens lotion & a candy bar. 

Told dh and kiddos that I would be happy if they would really help me get the house decluttered and cleaned before Christmas.  I got the same look from dh as when I mentioned my dreaming list.  The "yeah right" look.

My husband, daughter, and I don't do gifts. My extended family continues to insist on it, though. I've learned over the years that asking for something is the best guarantee that I WON'T get it because they all seem to take pride in shopping off-list after requiring a list.

Sometime this winter I will get for myself:

- a really nice pair of jeans after I finish losing weight

- a new pair of Converse

- a tattoo

I want an iPad.

I wanted one last Christmas, but we were waiting for the newest to come out so we could buy a cheaper refurb or something.  Fingers crossed...

I also want a few things for the house:  blinds for the bedroom & living room, shelves for my bathroom, shutters for the front of the house, a fixed up front porch and a new shed.  But those'll probably just go on a list to knock off a bit at a time...

LSU to beat Alabama (you want to beat them so badly, you can do it!)

Stanford to beat Oregon

Norte Dame to beat Stanford

Miami to beat Florida State

Virginia Tech to beat Miami (surely that Duke loss was a fluke)

Michigan to beat Ohio State (come on! I know you guys hate Ohio State!)

Texas A&M to beat Missouri

Umm...I think that's it. ;)

Sounds good to me. :thumbup:

LSU to beat Alabama (you want to beat them so badly, you can do it!)

I think I heard my mother faint when I read that.  She's a die hard Alabama fan (interestingly, I do not like football at all).  Her house is in a holiday parade of homes this year (they bought me an airline ticket so I could come help her decorate!) and each room must have its own theme.  The study will have an AL theme.  I talked them into a black christmas tree (OMG, it's so gorgeous!) and we'll put dark red and white ornaments, along with some AL ornaments she has and houndstooth bows.  I also have to figure out something for the rest of the room, but it will all be AL.  

Air printer so that I can print from my iPad and phone.

There is a program you can install that will allow you to print from any printer using your iPad and iphone.  I think you have to have a mac though to install it.  It's called Printopia.  You can read about it here.  FYI, I haven't tried it yet, I just know about it.

Season passes to Disney.

Ah, man, don't I wish!  We don't live close enough though to make it worth it.  Some friends of ours in Germany bought season passes to Disneyland Paris, the week we were all there for 4th of July.  They have 5 kids!  They drive there once a month (it's about a 3.5 hour drive) and have a great time.  While the tickets weren't that expensive, they have to spend a fortune in hotel rooms and food!  

We're hoping to go to Disneyland in CA either next year or the year after, since we've not been to that one.  We've done WDW and DLP many, many times, but never the original.  I'd love to go, but James Bond and Indy are pulling for another Disney cruise.  They want to do the one to Alaska.  I had a great time on the last one (Mediterranean), but I just don't think a cruise to Alaska would be that exciting.

An Exo Terra front-opening terrarium for my leopard gecko.

A Homewood Suites feather pillow.

If I got nothing but those two things right there, I would be over the moon.

However, if I get that terrarium for my leopard gecko, I may have to take myself to the reptile show and pick up something new for his old 10-gal. tank. :001_tt2:  I'm thinking either another gecko or a pacman frog.  Not sure if I should push it though, I'm considering talking DH into a ball python, and that is going to take some serious finesse.  :eek:

A horse. :) We can't have one yet, but I'd love to lease one. Or even a half lease. It's a total dream though, we can't afford it. :(

Other than that, I'm not sure. My dh will probably get me clothes, he's much more up to date on fashion, and will spend money on good clothes, whereas I just buy what's on clearance or at the thrift store.

Dh keeps asking.......... I really can't think of anything right now. I told him tickets to the symphony/theater and dinner at the Melting Pot but he said that's the kind of thing we do for our anniversary (the week before Christmas) so I need to think of something else.................

I probably won't get anything since the entire family is broke but I want an electric dryer (I'd be just fine with an old one, I just want to be able to dry laundry at home!), my own bed (is having more then 15 inches of bed space so much to ask?) and my splurge, a bottom mattress warmer:) oh yeah, I really want a pair of really warm slippers! I secretly want a pair of LL Bean Wicked Good Slippers, the floors in this old house are freezing and its about 50 in here when I get up.

DH to agree *happily* that I can have a female Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier, Irish coat (but not until April when the weather warms up)

3 pairs of heavy longjohns, so I'd have a week's supply.

Another lense for my camera

An archery set + targets - fun way to strengthen my arm muscles so I can shoot a rifle more accurately.

My dh and I only do stockings or small gifts to each other and then buy our own gift if there is something we really want. I did ask my mom and sister for a dehydrator or a blue tooth speaker for my ipad. I don't hold a lot of hope that they got those things because as somebody else said - they have some kind of odd joy in going off list to have a surprise. So... If they don't get those things, I will probably order them from amazon for myself soon after Christmas and call it my late Christmas present.

Some cookbooks--mainly candy and pastry ones and an artisan bread one.

New baking supplies--good spatulas (single piece silicone), new measuring cups/spoons, cooking sheets, etc

Books about parenting traumatized kids

The new DSM

Various books about my interest in forensic psychology

New pjs

New sheets/towels

Gift cards to amazon or barnes and noble or target

We rarely exchange gifts as its hard to just cover the kids. I'd be super happy with gift cards to hobby lobby and joanns so I can make some gifts. I want them early though lol. My birthday is in a little over a week and I got a ton of scentsy stuff on the way with holiday scents so im counting that as a Cmas gift too!