Menu

What's for dinner?

Jean in Newcastle

Roasted chicken in the dutch oven with rice and frozen mixed veggies tossed in. It will probably have some typically italian herbs, maybe basil and garlic, but I haven't decided. DD6 has swimming so it needs to be an easy night.

we had baked salmon, cheesy mashed cauliflower, lettuce salad for Wednesday dinner. dh and dd had texas toast and I had a small bite of one. I'm still learning about the low carb/high protein way of eating and still eat carbs, but I know less. tonight i'm seriously planning beef enchiladas. I use a homemade mole sauce - made a large batch and was able to freeze portions. so , I pull my baggie of mole sauce from the freezer and that saves time. this is THE best enchilada recipe if you'd like it, lmk. the tortilla shells are low carb.

I didn't defrost anything, so I have no idea...and it's already 5 o'clock. Dh won't be home until about 8, so we usually wait and eat with him. However, dd17 just made me a pimento cheese sandwich, and I'm wondering if I should just say it was my dinner and let everyone fend for themselves...or better yet, just have dh pick up something on the way home...

OH PLEASE...ANYONE OF YOU...INVITE ME TO DINNER!!!!

ETA: however last night I coated some whiting fillets in olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder with a squeeze of lemon juice and baked them. And we had potatoes that I chopped up and coated them with about the same mixture and broccoli.

We're going out to eat at a Mediterranean restaurant. Date night! :)

Since you're looking for inspiration, I just looked at their menu online. I think I'm going to have the Chicken with Honey and Almonds (a Moroccan dish). "Tender breast of chicken sautéed in olive oil with garlic, shallots, coriander and almonds finished in chicken stock with lemon, honey, and fresh cilantro."

I just HAD to have the giant salmon from Costco last night, so tonight we're having those leftovers. It'll be scalloped potatoes and spinach salads with chilled, pan-seared salmon on top. Incidentally, I seared it with a honey mustard glaze and it was divine. My anti-fish kid will have more of the rotisserie chicken he ate last night :-/

We're going out to eat at a Mediterranean restaurant. Date night! :)

Since you're looking for inspiration, I just looked at their menu online. I think I'm going to have the Chicken with Honey and Almonds (a Moroccan dish). "Tender breast of chicken sautéed in olive oil with garlic, shallots, coriander and almonds finished in chicken stock with lemon, honey, and fresh cilantro."

:drool5: sounds yummy

When I want to make a nice dinner and can't think of anything, I go to the online menus of restaurants I like and get inspiration there. It is amazing how simple it is to get great ideas for items that go well together that I wouldn't normally pair up.

I gave in to last-minute pleas for Indian food tonight. I hadn't planned on doing anything complicated, but tonight was the only evening so far this week that all four of us were home to eat together. So, I went for it. We had:

- channa masala

- curried potatoes

- onion chutney

- mint chutney

- onion bhaji

- puri

- basmati

Because I got such a late start, I did buy the chickpeas canned, but it was from scratch otherwise.

Of course, we didn't sit down to eat until 7:30 . . .