Menu

Praying people

The lady who does my hair is a really wonderful beautiful Catholic woman whom I respect and yes... even love.

She is going Monday for surgery to remove a tumour from above and behind her eye. It is cancerous. She will have radiation and chemo later. Her prognosis is pretty positive, but she is scared.

I cannot pray for her, but the only thing she asks of anyone is prayers. She is scared, but tries very hard not to show it.

If you are a praying person, will you pray for Jackie on Monday morning?

Thanks.

ETA: Updates in posts #66 & 79.

Edited by Audrey

Will do!

Audrey, I just want to say that your post brings tears to my eyes. You know your personal, religious limits, yet you care enough about another person to ask for something that has meaning for her even though it doesn't for you.

I think that's pretty awesome! :001_smile:

Faith

I cannot pray for her, but the only thing she asks of anyone is prayers. She is scared, but tries very hard not to show it.

:grouphug:

Unless you are an athiest, you CAN pray for her. As a Catholic, I can tell you that even the Church's official doctrines (which are too complicated to explain in a post, but you could look up an online catechism if you were interested) recognizes the validity of sincere conscience, even where the Church would say the person is sincerely mistaken.

Will do!

Audrey, I just want to say that your post brings tears to my eyes. You know your personal, religious limits, yet you care enough about another person to ask for something that has meaning for her even though it doesn't for you.

Faith

:iagree:

Absolutely! Will pray for her. That shows great compassion to ask for prayer on behalf of your friend. Keep us posted.

And NO I'm not harping here and only say this b/c I care.....God hears prayers from ALL people. There are numerous athiests who once were and "called" on God and now have a relationship with Him as believers.

Will do!

Faith

:iagree: Completely agree. I will say a prayer for her. Let us know how her surgery goes.

I knew this would be the right place to bring this. :001_smile:

Thank you all. I really appreciate your kindness and prayers, as I know that Jackie will, too.

I will update you after the surgery and as I hear more.

Thank you again. So much.

Of course, I will pray.

I have a question and you are free to totally ignore it if you want. I know you didn't intend for this to be a thread about your faith.

Do witches not have any type of 'higher power' they turn to for comfort?

That depends on the witch. Some do, some don't. The ones who don't are ok with that.

Rosie

Rosie's reply is quite what I would have to say. :001_smile: I, myself, do not have a 'higher power' per se, but I find comfort in many other ways.

But, this is not at all about me. I just want to give Jackie, in some way, what she asked. When she asked for prayers, she meant Christian prayers. Of course, I will offer her all the positive energy I have to give, as I would do for anyone I cared about, but she *needs* Christian prayer. That is what lifts her up and keeps her positive.

I knew I couldn't give her that, but I knew I could ask here, and I so deeply appreciate those of you who will pray for her. :001_smile:

Can I pray now? I stink at trying to remember to pray at certain times.

[From an Orthodox prayer book]

O Lord Almighty, the Healer of our souls and bodies, You Who put down and raise up, Who chastise and heal also; do You now, in Your great mercy, visit our sister Jackie who is sick. Stretch forth Your hand that is full of healing and health, and get her up from her [sick]bed, and cure her of her illness. Put away from her the spirit of disease and of every malady, pain and fever to which she is bound; and if she has sins and transgressions, grant to her remission and forgiveness, in that You love mankind; yea, Lord my God, pity Your creation, through the compassions of Your Only-Begotten Son, together with Your All-Holy, Good and Life-creating Spirit, with Whom You are blessed, both now and ever, and to the ages of ages. Amen.

O Lord Almighty, the Healer of our souls and bodies, You Who put down and raise up, Who chastise and heal also; do You now, in Your great mercy, visit our sister Jackie who is sick. Stretch forth Your hand that is full of healing and health, and get her up from her [sick]bed, and cure her of her illness. Put away from her the spirit of disease and of every malady, pain and fever to which she is bound; and if she has sins and transgressions, grant to her remission and forgiveness, in that You love mankind; yea, Lord my God, pity Your creation, through the compassions of Your Only-Begotten Son, together with Your All-Holy, Good and Life-creating Spirit, with Whom You are blessed, both now and ever, and to the ages of ages. Amen.

Praying in agreement.

Audrey (my grandma's name, btw;)) rocks. (but we knew that already)

Oh gosh!! :( Praying for her!! If you're the research type of person, Metronomically measured Chemo has been good for my mom. 1/2 as much, 2x as many times. It's made it so she feels good and it constantly smushes the cancer cells down. My mom is lasting as long as she can, and feeling healthy so far while doing it....

You're a sweetie to ask a whole lotta people to pray for her!! :)

This beautiful prayer is new to me, but I just prayed it for Jackie as well. :grouphug:

Will do!

Faith

:iagree: And I'll be praying for Jackie. :grouphug::grouphug: