Menu

Hey Christian Girl

I will give you that is is funny. Several of them made me laugh out loud. But I can't explain in words *why* it is funny.

I think it's funny in the same way that the "Things Christian like" website and book is funny. It pokes at area that you know is true and sometimes slightly ridiculous. It's always good it you are part of a group to realize what aspects of the group are weird or funny to others and to have enough of a sense of humor to realize that it is kind of funny. So I believe in purity before marriage but I also can see why the concept of "dating Jesus" is funny.

The funniest humor is also somewhat true. So yes, I think Christian single women do sort of dream that a hot guy will say some of these things, just like homeschooling Moms would love for their husband to say the homeschooling meme things, and putting it in Ryan Gosling's image just adds to the fantasy. We know it's a kind of true fantasy but we also know it's kind of ridiculous to think that some random really hot guy is going to every say those things.

Plus, the idea of someone being your Boaz is just hilarious. :)

I think it's funny in the same way that the "Things Christian like" website and book is funny. It pokes at area that you know is true and sometimes slightly ridiculous. It's always good it you are part of a group to realize what aspects of the group are weird or funny to others and to have enough of a sense of humor to realize that it is kind of funny. So I believe in purity before marriage but I also can see why the concept of "dating Jesus" is funny.

The funniest humor is also somewhat true. So yes, I think Christian single women do sort of dream that a hot guy will say some of these things, just like homeschooling Moms would love for their husband to say the homeschooling meme things, and putting it in Ryan Gosling's image just adds to the fantasy. We know it's a kind of true fantasy but we also know it's kind of ridiculous to think that some random really hot guy is going to every say those things.

Plus, the idea of someone being your Boaz is just hilarious. :)

And that Jude Law would actually enjoy sitting down to study Leviticus with me - ha!

I think we laugh because it's like Napoleon Dynamite. Our home schooling Christian related social awkwardness does appear foolish to the world, but we Get. It!

The homeschooling one about taking a week off to read The Hunger Games series - again - just cracks me up!!

I didn't take school off to read it, but I did read it during every single free second I had - twice! :lol:

I totally cancelled school two days while I was reading Hunger Games the first time :lol:

"When the neighbors call our kids feral, I know we're doing something right."

Priceless!:lol:

that one was awesome. I also was laughing about the rainbow resource catalogue because I have it here beside me to continue going through over naptime, complete with high lights, post it flags and a notebook