Menu

My sister passed away

My sister's battle with cancer ended last night. I'm now trying to get things ready (cleaning and food shopping) so I can travel to TN this weekend. I should have done these things ahead of time. I really thought I would be ok. I burst out in tears without notice. Please tell me it is ok to leave my family with ramen noodles, chicken nuggets and hot dogs while I'm gone. I'm not sure I have the strength to do much more.

Kelly

My sister's battle with cancer ended last night. I'm now trying to get things ready (cleaning and food shopping) so I can travel to TN this weekend. I should have done these things ahead of time. I really thought I would be ok. I burst out in tears without notice. Please tell me it is ok to leave my family with ramen noodles, chicken nuggets and hot dogs while I'm gone. I'm not sure I have the strength to do much more.

Kelly

Of course it's okay!

:grouphug: I am sorry for your family's loss.:grouphug:

Kelly

:grouphug: and yes, it is very okay to do just that. Both the Ramen noodles and the tears.

Kelly

I'm so sorry. I lost my sister too. It's so hard.

:grouphug:

Do you have to drive to TN? For me, it was really tough to drive when my loved one had just passed - even when it was expected because of cancer.

The long drive just gave me way too much time to think, and the tears would not stop streaming.

I wish you much peace! One thing that comforted me was knowing she was no longer having to endure so much pain. :grouphug:

:grouphug:Kelly- praying for peace for you and that you have the time you need to celebrate your sister's life and grieve her death.:grouphug:

My sweet friend, Patty, whose brother died within days of my sister, says that losing a sibling is a "unique grief." Those words were so healing to me, and I hope they are for you.

Kelly

Definitely okay.

:grouphug:

Kelly

:grouphug:I'm so sorry about your loss.

OF COURSE it's okay to leave the family with convenience foods! Actually, I must confess to really liking ramen noodle soup...:leaving:

:grouphug:again.