Menu

I don't want to go to work tomorrow (not for the squeamish)

Edited for the 23rd: Everything was quiet today, and the people who were most distressed stayed home (a good thing). Management even took my suggestion of coming ward to ward to talk to the other patients, instead of just leaving them with what they are seeing on the news. I guess they really hoped it would remain out of the press. Hah!

And once again I realize how incorrect so much one reads in the paper must be. I'm seeing factual errors (which of course I cannot correct) all over. Take everything you read with a grain of salt.

Thanks so much for the concern. It bucked me up.

Edited by kalanamak
removing gory details

You are strong. You have a great sense of humor. You WILL get through tomorrow with flying colors. :001_smile: But when you get home, try to treat yourself to something - anything - chocolate, a foot rub, a soak in the bath, a new pair of shoes, take out, a game with the family after dinner instead of the dishes, etc. (or maybe all the above).

:grouphug:

Now that it is all over the news, one of my patients murdered another of my patients by inserting a pencil deep into his ear. It was ghastly. And most of all, I cannot bear the distressed staff/patients and the huge investigation of it all. No matter how bad and ill I feel over the whole thing, I know I have to be the pillar of strength for the former and demigod of patience for the latter.

So instead of hiding under my pillow, I will have to go to work and find out what is in store.

Mental illness is the pits.

I was just reading about that. Horrible.

:grouphug: pick a peaceful place..... remember the sights, the sounds, the smell, the feel, the taste....

visit it often tomorrow.

the obscenity of the ordinary may be tomorrow, too.

tea, and chocolate

and call your lawyer.

i am so sorry.

ann

Wow! :grouphug: I am sorry for you and your coworkers and other patients.

You are strong. You have a great sense of humor. You WILL get through tomorrow with flying colors. :001_smile: But when you get home, try to treat yourself to something - anything - chocolate, a foot rub, a soak in the bath, a new pair of shoes, take out, a game with the family after dinner instead of the dishes, etc. (or maybe all the above).

I like the idea of watching a funny movie (a couple of my faves are Ground Hog's Day and Music &Lyrics) as well.

So sorry you have to deal with this! You are a very special person to even in this field. I agree with those who've said find a happy place/thought/image and don't let it out of your heart & mind tomorrow!

Please let us know how you are *after* you come home!

~coffee~

What a crummy deal. I'm so sorry you have to deal with it. Maybe throw a favorite snack and a Calvin and Hobbes book into your attache case tomorrow and if things get tough you can lock your door and spend a few moments lost in that.