Menu

What's on your Christmas list?

New bath towels for the bathrooms. (Our towels are all 20 years old now - wedding gifts :))

Some nifty way to store the towels, since we don't have linen closets and I hate how they always just get shoved in the vanity cabinet. I once saw a wine rack being used for rolled towels. That was kind of neat.

Oh, and also a decent quality compact digital camera for travel next summer.

Edited by Susan in TN

I haven't thought of much besides maybe a new pair of fleece jammies.

but the closet organizer system we were planning on buying in august, but didn't, would be really nice . . . .

I want my basement cleaned out.

I think we have a winner. :thumbup:

Edited by gardenmom5

So far I only have a couple things and I'd love to hear what everyone else is asking for!

So far:

-satin pillowcase

-slippers

Wow! Exciting, isn't it? ;)

I just bought myself a satin pillowcase a few weeks ago, and I love it! Wish I had bought it a long time ago.

For Christmas, I always like books, DVDs, and CDs. Jewelry is nice too.

Nothing. My dh and I haven't exchanged gifts for the last couple of years. I will get something from our drawn names and exchange of the adults in our extended family but that will be it. I really would rather have the money to spend on the kids gifts and that is what we do.

Satin Pillowcase (a popular wishlist item - thanks curly girl)

Slippers

Salt and Pepper grinder/shakers

Personalized cups/tumblers for everyone in the family because I am sick of 20+ dirty cups every day (I will probably get these for everyone :glare:)

Yankee Candle (Sun and Sand fragrance), so that I can pretend that I am at the beach when I am freezing my booty off this winter

Another food storage bucket/container for Artisan bread dough

~~That is about it~~

A few crazy things (because I have all the non-crazy stuff). I'd like a funny looking garden gnome, a gift certificate to Michaels or JoAnn's, the promise of a trip to the ocean when it gets steaming hot again next summer, more beeswax candles and last but not least a generous cup of coffee with an even more generous amount of whipping cream. :001_smile:

We need good sheets too - ones that don't slide off the corners of the bed each night. Any recommendations for good sheets?

Lands' End used to have deep pocket sheets, Egyptian cotton. I bought them so long ago, I can hardly remember and we still use them.

New wedding bands. We pawned ours a while ago, desperate for money, and dh ended up being unable to make 2 of the repayments so they were sold. :(

This is what I want, too! Mine was lost earlier this year when I had to take it off for an MRI :sad: so I told DH he needs to take a Saturday in December and take me to visit pawnshops to try to find a replacement.

Mum decided the other week that she's donating to charity instead of buying gifts for her kids, which is a real bummer. I was hoping she'd make me some new shopping bags!

Frivolous purchases from my Amazon wishlist would be just dandy, but I really need some new shopping bags and can't be bothered to make them myself. Anyhow, I'm still busy sewing Mum's Christmas present. :rolleyes:

Rosie

confused-smiley-17432.gif

I don't have a clue. Last year, dh bought me a beautiful Pandora bracelet almost filled with charms. I guess he will get a few more this year.

I truly love just watching everyone else open their gifts; me? I like to shop throughout the year and pick up what I like when i see it -- THAT is a gift as far as I am concerned.

-Socks...good quality, neutral colored socks.

-A new pair of Merrell shoes...brown clogs for everyday use. Mine are completely worn out after 4 years of near constant use.

-Kitchen towels....my dishtowels are old, worn and kind of nasty!

-A good quality oven mitt (or two)....mine have seen their better days!

-a small crockpot for making dips or warming potpourri.

I'd *love* to have an Ipod touch, but that's more of a "wish" list item, not something I think will happen this year.

I usually don't ask for big items but this year I've asked for an IPad 2. I use my phone SO MUCH on SO MANY different things (Droid) and having the larger pad will be so helpful. I love that I can just slip it into my purse.

Not to mention all the threads here and all that people use it for their school totally sold me on this. :001_smile: Although it will be mine, I certainly won't be the only one using it.

A dock with speakers for my ipod. We do a gift exchange with my family, so that's what I'm asking for.

My new dishwasher (see my other thread) will be a combination of our anniversary next week and Christmas gifts.

I really, really wanted a new wedding ring set. I just have a band and we have enough scrap jewelry to make a nice diamond band to go with it. Maybe next year.

Nothing affordable, hehe:

anniversary band

new dSLR

ipad (actually, I'm saving up for this myself, want to wait for the ipad3)

new fluffy towels for my bath (I guess those would be affordable, I may treat myself)

fuzzy socks that fit (I have big feet)

Then way back in the Land of Dream I have this idea of wanting a new Bernina. But that's way off. :)

Dh keeps asking me for a list, I keep stalling.... We've talked about upgrading our Blu-ray to one with streaming and dvr capabilities. That would be a joint gift. He'll be in shock when he finds out I ordered him a Keurig for home (he has one in his office at work).

I'm having the hardest time. Not to brag, but I'm a really good gift giver, but I'm horrible at picking out gifts for myself or even giving my poor husband any direction. That, and most of the stuff I want are for my kids anyways. I have a bunch of things I would enjoy, but I'm not sure that I want them enough to justify the cost. I have a few books and movies that I'd like, but really nothing important that I can think of. If someone were to hand me a $1000 and say I had to spend it in the next hour on at least 3 different items only for me, I'd get:

Zojirushi 2-lb bread machine

Kindle Fire

My wishlist of books

Bluray player with the ability to stream Amazon and Netflix

A video camera of some sort

As for what I'm actually going to get? No idea. My dear MIL and my husband's grandparents always give us cash for Christmas and my birthday (which is also in December) and we use it as our "personal" budgets for the year. Last year I used mine to buy a Kindle and go to the homeschooling convention in Memphis. This year? Who knows?